Luggage Storage Keleti Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Keleti Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Keleti Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Keleti Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Budapest and need a place to store your bags near Keleti Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Timibeauty - Mammut i. and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Szentendre Dunapart, Széll Kálmán tér, or Heroes' Square (Hősök tere) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Keleti Station!
Luggage storage nearby Keleti Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Budapest with multiple locations near Keleti Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Keleti Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Keleti Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Budapest Zoo (Fővárosi Állat- és Növénykert), New York Café, and Normafa. You can also go for a hike around Pilismaróti Erdészet, Fundoklia völgy, and Kevély-hegyi levendulamező. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Szimpla Kert, Akvárium Klub, and Fogasház.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Keleti Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Keleti Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Keleti Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Keleti Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Keleti Station and Budapest without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Budapest!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Budapest!View City
About Keleti Station
Keleti Station is a railway station located in Budapest, Hungary. Keleti Station is the biggest and busiest of Budapest's three train stations due to its central location and numerous platforms. As well as offering local inter-rail travel across Budapest and Hungary, Keleti Station provides train services to several international cities, including Zagreb, Munich, Istanbul, and Vienna.
Keleti Station was designed in the late 1800s by Gyula Rochlitz and was considered one of the best railway stations in Europe at the time. The station has a stunning and unique design, with an interior decorated with impressive frescos by Károly Lotz and wall paintings by Mór Than. Featured on the station's facade are statues of James Watt and George Stephenson, two pioneers of the locomotive industry. The station's facade also features an ornate clock tower, which is a popular meeting point with locals and tourists.
You'll find that Keleti Station is the perfect place to start exploring Budapest. Keleti Station is one of the country's main transport hubs and is located just two miles from the city center, meaning you'll be within walking distance of many of Budapest's best attractions.
Things to do in and around Keleti Station
As Keleti Station is located close to the center of Budapest, you won't be short of nearby restaurants, shops, and landmarks to visit. Whether you're in town for the day or just looking to kill some time between trains, consider stopping by some of these excellent attractions in and around Keleti Station:
- Grab a quick bite to eat between trains at one of Keleti Station's many fast-food restaurants. Well-known chains located at the station include McDonald's, KFC, and Burger King.
- If you'd prefer a sit-down meal, visit one of the station's Hungarian restaurants. There are a few available options like the Rosenstein Restaurant, Huszar, and Baross.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Keleti Station with a jaunt through City Park. Located a city block north of the station, this park covers over 300 acres of lush fields and forests, perfect for a stroll on a sunny day.
- Learn about local history at Vajdahunyad Castle. This lakeside fortress may look straight out of a fairytale but was actually built in the 1890s to celebrate Hungary's 1000th birthday.
- Soak up some culture at the Museum of Fine Arts. This neoclassical museum features works by many famous European artists such as Titian, Raphael, and Peter Paul Rubens.
Transport Options at Keleti Station
- City Buses (7, 73, 173, 7E)
- City Overground Train Service (S9, S45)
- Metro Train Service (M2, M4)
Luggage Storage Options Keleti Station
Budapest is a sprawling ancient city with its old and new districts separated by the serene Danube River. With a lot of ground to cover while touring Budapest's many historic landmarks, you'll undoubtedly want to store your belongings, so you're not weighed down during your travels. Bounce offers the best luggage storage service in Budapest, with lots of facilities dotted across the city. These facilities are affordable, easy to use, and secure, so you can go about your day without having to worry about lugging around your bags.
Attractions and Activities near Keleti Station
- Buda Castle - Buda Castle is one of Budapest's oldest and most historic buildings. This lavish Baroque-style castle was first completed in the 14th century and served as a home for the Hungarian royal family. Nowadays, Buda Castle contains the Budapest History Museum and National Gallery. You can ride the funicular up to the fortress and take a tour. This tour teaches tourists about the area's 2000-year long history, and how the towns of Buda, Pest, and Obuda became present-day Budapest. You'll do plenty of walking while exploring this vast castle, so drop your bags off at a Bounce luggage storage service near Keleti Station.
- Széchenyi Thermal Bath - If you're looking to unwind while in Budapest, consider stopping by one of the city's famed thermal bathhouses. Thermal baths are believed to have lots of health benefits, and Széchenyi Thermal Bath has been treating people for over 100 years. Széchenyi Thermal Bath is the largest thermal bath in Europe with 18 spas and pools to enjoy. While at the baths, you can even work up a sweat in one of the saunas and steam rooms, or unwind with a relaxing massage. These baths can get pretty hectic on busy days, so you might want to stash your bags at a Keleti Station luggage storage service before taking a dip.
- Heroes' Square - Heroes' Square is one of Budapest's most recognizable landmarks. The square is located just outside City Park and was built in the late 1800s to celebrate Hungary's 1000th anniversary. The square consists of colonnades encircling a 118 feet tall pillar topped with a statue. The statue depicts Archangel Gabriel holding the crown of St Stephen. The colonnades around the monument also feature many incredible statues of former kings and legendary heroes.
- Gellért Hill - Anybody searching for beautiful views of Budapest and the Danube will want to scale Gellért Hill. This 450-foot high dolomite hill is perched on the edge of the Danube. Visitors can hike to the top of the hill and sit down for a coffee or snack at a nearby cafe along the way. Once at the top of the mound, you'll be treated to breathtaking panoramas of the cityscape and river below. Climbing Gellért Hill requires lots of walking, so you'll probably want to store your luggage near Keleti Station before setting out.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Keleti Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Keleti Station?
The price for luggage storage near Keleti Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Keleti Station?
There are multiple locations in the Keleti Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Nagymaros-Visegrád megállóhely, Piliscsaba vasútállomás, and Vicziántelep megállóhely and all over Budapest.
Is it safe to store your bags near Keleti Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Keleti Station.
Are there storage lockers near Keleti Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Keleti Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Keleti Station and in the broader Budapest area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Keleti Station?
Popular metro stations like Keleti pályaudvar (M2, M4), Örs vezér tere (M2), or Árpád híd (M3) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Budapest near Keleti Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Népliget Bus Terminal (Népliget autóbusz-pályaudvar), Örs Vezér tere buszvégállomás M+H, or Volánbusz pályaudvar. If traveling by train, Kelenföld Railway Station (Kelenföld vasútállomás), Western Railway Station (Nyugati pályaudvar), and Eastern Railway Station (Keleti pályaudvar) are nearest to Keleti Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Keleti Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Keleti Station are Danubius Hotel Gellért, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, and Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Keleti Station are Infinity Party Hostel, Netizen Hotel/Hostel, and Maverick Urban Lodge.
Where are the best restaurants near Keleti Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Keleti Station are Főzelékfaló Ételbár Étterem WestEnd City Center, Ikea, and Gozsdu Udvar.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Keleti Station?
Check out the nearby Erzsébet tér, Széllkapu, and Kutyafuttató (Népfürdő utca).