Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Durham
Instantly reserve the best locations in Durham to store your luggage for just £5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Durham Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Durham?" Perhaps you just arrived in Durham and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eldon Square, Forum Shopping Centre, or Dalton Park and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at The Beach, Whitley Bay, Raby Castle, or Newcastle Quayside and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Durham!
Luggage storage nearby most Durham hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Durham and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Durham start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Durham now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Crescent Café, Costa Express, and Starbucks. You can also go for a hike around Hamsterley Forest, Wynyard Woodland Park, and RSPB Salthome. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Travellers Rest, The Water House, and The Station House.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Durham with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Durham without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Durham With Bounce
North Carolina is a fantastic place to come visit and play. It is a part of what is commonly called the Research Triangle Region because of the many colleges, universities, and tech companies found within the area. Duke University has a campus in Durham that is home to the Nasher Art Museum and Duke Chapel. Even though Durham could be considered a college town, the vibrancy of the city does not come from the students of the university but from the deep history of the city and its people.
While in Durham, sign up for a foodie tour or a walking tour to see the top attractions while learning more about the city. Spend a day exploring the Eno River State Park. Bring a picnic and relax among the natural beauty of the park or lace up your hiking boots and hit the trails. Take a few hours and head over the Duke Lemur Center and learn about the work being done to preserve and even rehabilitate some of these interesting primates. Be sure to get out and explore Durham to the fullest, spend time talking with locals to find the best places to eat and shop. Leave your bags with Bounce while you look around to fully enjoy the experience of being in Durham.
Luggage Storage in Durham
Bounce is a fantastic way to store your baggage throughout Durham. Enjoy exploring all the city has to offer without being weighed down by heavy, bulky bags. There are several locations throughout Durham, making it easy to find a place practically just around the corner. The convenience of Bounce is not just for tourists. Locals can find the service helpful when spending the day out and about in the city. After the gym, store your gear before heading out for dinner. Carrying extra parcels? Leave them with Bounce while you continue shopping.
Durham City Guide
Top Things to Do
Durham may not be the first place you think when searching for a vacation spot, but it is a bustling city filled with history and vibrancy. This colorful city is bursting with museums, art galleries, aquariums, and wildlife centers. Fabulous shopping districts and malls are perfect for browsing in. No matter what has drawn you to Durham, make sure you take the time to see the city. Then head just outside the city limits and spend a day hiking through Eno River State Park. Use the Bounce app and find a location nearby to stow your bags while you are there.
Durham is a city filled with fascinating attractions that will keep you wanting to come back time and again to explore. Spend a weekend or longer moseying through museums or visiting other attractions such as parks, memorials, galleries, and even a lemur sanctuary. Don’t forget to use the Bounce app so you can secure your belongings for the day.
- Museum of Life and Science: Also known as the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science, this museum is filled with hands-on exhibits. Spark your imagination and fulfill your thirst for more knowledge. Children will find the Dinosaur Trail exhilarating as well as learning about common barnyard animals and wild animals such as bears, wolves, and lemurs.
- Eno River State Park: Come explore this 4,312-acre state park. Lace up your hiking boots and spend time hiking along over 24 miles of trails. Rent a canoe and meander down the Eno River. Pack a picnic for a leisurely lunch under the shade trees. You can easily spend an entire day at Eno River State Park, taking in the natural beauty of North Carolina.
- Duke Lemur Center: Located on the Duke University Durham campus, the lemur sanctuary covers 85 acres and is home to strepsirrhine primates such as lemurs, lorises, and bush babies, with their most significant population being lemurs. This is the biggest strepsirrhine sanctuary in the entire world. Sign up for a tour and learn more about these impressive primates. Get informed on the care and protection of these animals.
Durham is filled with great shopping malls, trendy boutiques, artisan shops, and unique markets. Spend a morning, and hit some of the malls. Stroll through some of the neighborhoods to check out quaint boutiques and shops. Grab a cup of coffee and spend time at some of the farmer's markets throughout the city.
- The Streets at Southpoint: This shopping mall is one of the most popular malls in Durham, drawing at least one million visitors each month of its inaugural year. The mall opened in 2002 and has a little something for everyone. Check out the large food court filled with international flavors.
- Brightleaf Square: This historic shopping center is located in two old brick tobacco warehouses. Enjoy artisan shops and trendy boutiques and search for the perfect souvenir to remember your trip. After shopping, grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants and relax in the shaded courtyard just outside the buildings.
- Shops at Erwin Mill: This plaza is just minutes from Duke University in the middle of the 9th Street business district. Browse through excellent shops and boutiques, and enjoy street vendors offering souvenirs and unique gifts. Grab a meal at one of the cafes or local food trucks and spend the afternoon exploring the neighborhood.
Down-home Southern cooking meets international cuisine in an explosion of flavors. Durham has its fair share of fast food and pizza joints, but it also boasts fantastic cafes and restaurants where you can go on a journey around the world without having to leave the city.
- Local Cuisine: Southern comfort food is a staple in Durham, and Dame’s Chicken & Waffles is the place to go when you have a craving for all things Southern. Crispy, flavorful chicken and melt-in-your-mouth waffles with maple pecan butter are not the only things on the menu. Check out homemade macaroni and cheese or cheesy grits.
- Mexican: You don’t have to head to the southwest to find authentic Mexican cuisine filled with spicy flavor combinations. Mez, in Durham, offers traditional Mexican dishes, including great guacamole. Give the watermelon gazpacho, made with watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers, and sherry vinegar, a try during the summer. Order a margarita and relax over the chili braised smoked brisket or chicken tinga enchilada.
- Barbeque: North Carolina is brimming with fantastic barbeque restaurants just like The Pit, where you can experience tasty, smoky barbeque with all the traditional sides including coleslaw, homemade chips, devilled eggs, and biscuits. Check out the slow-cooked pulled pork or half-slab of Carolina ribs.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Durham?
The price for luggage storage in Durham is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Durham?
There are multiple locations all around Durham which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near The Beach, Whitley Bay, Raby Castle, Newcastle Quayside and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Durham?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Durham.
Are there storage lockers in Durham?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Durham. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Durham where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Durham?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's and KFC. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Durham are Ramside Hall Hotel & Golf Club, The Victoria Inn, and The Old Mill.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Durham?
Durham offers several scenic parks including Jubilee Park, Chester Lee Street Riverside Park, and Durham University Botanic Garden.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Durham?
You can find local tourist information at Vine Visit Limited, Mainstreet Usa Reservations, and Tourist Information Centre.