Faro Airport (FAO)
Instantly reserve the best locations near Faro Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Faro Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 21, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Faro Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Faro and need a place to store your bags near Faro Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Gent's, AlbufeiraShopping, Tavira Gran-Plaza, or Algarve Shopping and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Praia da Quinta do Lago, Praia de Quarteira, or Praia de Arrifes .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Faro Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Faro Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Faro with multiple locations near Faro Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Faro Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Faro Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Pastelaria Univerdoce, Café Amoreira, and Nespresso Boutique. You can also go for a hike around Parque Natural da Ria Formosa, Trilho do Barril, and Floresta do Parque Nacional da Ria Formosa. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Taco D'ouro, The Cheeky Pup, and Santa Maria Náutica.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Faro Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Faro Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Faro Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Faro Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Faro Airport and Faro without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Faro!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Faro!View City
About Faro Airport
Faro was relatively slow to awaken to its tourist potential. While many of the coastal cities became destinations for the rich in the 19th century, Faro continued looking inward. It wasn't until the 1960s and the rapid growth of commercial air travel that the city began to capitalize on its desirable location and promote itself as an attractive vacation destination.
Faro airport opened in 1965. Thanks to the attractions of the Algarve, it soon proved popular with overseas visitors. By 1989, the airport had added a new passenger terminal to cope with the ever-increasing numbers of visitors. In 2010, Irish budget airline Ryanair made Faro a hub for its planes, and the airport found itself dealing with another influx of travelers. In the early 2010s, the airport underwent a massive renovation and expansion program to deal with the rising demand.
These days, Faro welcomes around nine million visitors per year, making it one of the busiest in the country. Voted Europe's most improved airport in 2012, Faro Airport has come a long way in a short time.
Things to do near Faro Airport
Located only two and a half miles from the city center, Faro airport is about as central as airports get. Almost from the moment you arrive, you'll be able to experience much of what makes this Portuguese city so enticing.
- Stretch your legs on the Ludo hiking trail. Right at the western end of the airport runway, this gentle trail runs along coastal salt marshes and contains the remains of an old salt mine. While not a major tourist attraction, it's a great place to get some exercise between flights.
- Enjoy sun, sand, and surf at Praia de Faro. Continuing west from the airport, this huge beach occupies a narrow spit of land facing the Atlantic Ocean. Popular with locals, this beach is nevertheless large enough that you should have no trouble finding a spot to stretch out and enjoy the sunshine.
- Get in a round at San Lorenzo golf course. A couple of miles north of the airport, this coastal course is a great place to play, with water views and some challenging holes that will test your golfing acumen.
- Enjoy a ride on the ferry from Praia de Faro into town. Just south of the airport, the ferry is a far cheaper and far more relaxing way to get from the airport to the city and vice versa. It connects the popular beach to a ferry terminal close to Faro train station.
- See a delightfully creepy spectacle at Igreja do Carmo. This 18th-century church is famous for its small chapel made out of the skulls and bones of deceased monks. While it's not for everyone, it certainly makes for an unusual and unforgettable place to visit.
Transit options at Faro Airport
- Buses 14 and 16 travel from the airport to the central bus station of Faro. Bus services are operated by Proximo.
- Private airport transfers can be booked from the airport to the city, and taxis are always available for a set price to the city center.
- You can also take the ferry from Praia de Faro to the center of town and back. Although it takes longer than the bus, it's definitely a more scenic way to travel between the city and the airport.
Luggage storage at Faro Airport
Located between the city and the coast, Faro airport is close to just about everything you'll want to do in the area. Whether you find yourself at the airport on a short layover or as part of a longer trip, you won't have far to go to start exploring this beautiful part of Portugal.
Make your trip easier dropping off any unneeded bags at a Bounce luggage storage in Faro airport. Store as many bags as you need to for as long as you like and know they will be secure until you’re ready to collect them.
Activities and attractions near Faro Airport
- Culatra Island: Get away from it all on this celebrated island just off the coast. Culatra is blessed with seemingly perfect features and a lagoon that is perfect for swimming. Reachable only by ferry, the island has no paved roads and can only be explored on foot. As a result, even though it's close to the city, it feels like a very long way away from civilization. Breathe the fresh air that comes straight off the ocean or take a dip in the refreshing water, and you'll see why the Algarve is so popular with holidaymakers from around the world. To enjoy your trip to the island fully, make sure you drop off any heavy bags at a luggage storage shop in Faro before you visit.
- Old Town: Don't miss the chance to travel back in time in Faro's Old Town. Rich in Portuguese and Moorish architecture, the city's enchanting heart is a maze of cobblestone streets filled with lively bars, restaurants, and stores. It's the perfect place to wander and get a taste of the history of this charming city. Make sure you leave your bags at a luggage storage locker near Faro airport so you can travel more easily on foot.
- Castle of Silves: Explore the history of Portugal, including the period of Moorish occupation, at the castle of Silves. Blessed with a dramatic hilltop setting that offers stunning views of the coast, this castle is now a museum that tells the story of the wars that have shaped Faro and Portugal through the centuries. Note that large bags are not permitted inside the castle, so make sure to leave yours behind at a luggage storage service near the Faro Airport before you visit.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Faro Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Faro Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Faro Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Faro Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Faro Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Estação Ferroviária de Tunes, Terminal Rodoviário de Tavira, and Eating Point and all over Faro.
Is it safe to store your bags near Faro Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Faro Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Faro Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Faro Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Faro Airport and in the broader Faro area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Faro Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Faro Airport are Hotel Eva, Four Seasons Country Club, and Encosta do Lago. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Faro Airport are Hostel Alameda Exclusive House, Sunlight House, and Faroway Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Faro Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Faro Airport are Starbucks Forum Algarve, O Tintol, and Costa Coffee.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Faro Airport?
Check out the nearby Jardim da Alameda, Lego Fan Factory, and Tribo dos Reguilas.