+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Ferrara
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Ferrara Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Ferrara?" Perhaps you just arrived in Ferrara and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Interspar, Zara, or Motoland SRL and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Villa Badoer, Piazza Trento e Trieste, or Castello Estense and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Ferrara!
Luggage storage nearby most Ferrara hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Ferrara and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Ferrara start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Ferrara now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Bar La Plaza, Caffè del Corso, and Bar Amarcord. You can also go for a hike around Ciclabile via Modena. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Pan&Cafè, Bar I Girasoli, and I Giardini Del Florens SRL.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Ferrara with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Ferrara without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Capital of the Ferrara province, the city of Ferrara has a population of around 130,000 people. Once a center of chemical engineering, Ferrara has lost most of its heavy industry and relies increasingly on tourism to support its economy. Luckily, the town has been recognized as UNESCO World Heritage site, so it gets its share of visitors. Around 230,000 people visit the city each year, and it's a number the city is keen to increase.
The main draw of Ferrara is its historic charm. This city goes back a long way. In fact, the area has been populated since at least the 6th century BC, and was once the site of an important Etruscan town. Ferrara became part of the Roman Empire and later was conquered by Lombards and Franks. The Frankish rulers gifted the town to the Pope, but by the 12th century it was a free city. Ferrara was fought over by the famous Guelph and Ghibelline families that controlled much of central and northern Italy, but ended up in the hands of the House of Este. This family ruled the city from 1264 until 1598.
Ferrara then became ruled by the papacy again and remained part of the papal states until the unification of Italy in 1861. The fascist regime which replaced the Italian monarchy built a plant intended to produce synthetic rubber in Ferrara, and as a result, the city was bombed by the Allies during World War II. Luckily, many of the historic Renaissance building survived and give Ferrara its unique charm today.
Things to do in Ferrara
Ferrara's location in the Northeast of Italy makes it a popular day trip from better-known cities such as Bologna and even Venice. But there's plenty to do in this smaller town. And perhaps best of all, Ferrara is relatively undiscovered. You can enjoy what it has to offer without the huge crowds you'll find in better-known Italian cities.
- Explore the home of Ferrara’s ruling family at the Castle Estense. This dramatic castle rises directly out of an artificial lake and has been the center of power in the city since the 14th century.
- Learn more about the history of Ferrara and the region at the National Archaeological Museum. This institution contains artifacts from the very earliest period of Etruscan civilization in the region, plus relics from the Roman, Medieval, and Renaissance periods.
- Stretch your legs on the old city walls. The Renaissance was a turbulent time in central Italy, and Ferrara, like many cities, built massive defensive walls to protect itself from its neighbors. Now, you can walk almost the whole length of the city walls and admire views out over the surrounding countryside.
- Surround yourself with nature at Ferrara Botanical Gardens. Administered by the University, this garden is home to nearly 2000 different species of plants. Admire the exotic plants in the greenhouses or enjoy the serenity of the Japanese garden.
- See the ancient heart of Ferrara at the Cathedral of St. George. This striking Renaissance building occupies a central square in the city and is the perfect place to take in the atmosphere. Admire the art and architecture of Ferrara's main church and then enjoy a coffee or a meal at one of the many sidewalk cafés.
Transit options in Ferrara
- Bologna is the nearest international airport to Ferrara. A bus from the airport will take you to Bologna central train station, and from there you can catch a train to Ferrara. The whole journey takes around an hour.
- Ferrara train station sits just outside the center of the city. Trains from here connect the city to Bologna, Parma, Modena, Venice, and other cities throughout Italy.
- Buses 2, 6, 11, 13, and others stop outside the train station and can take you to the most popular tourist sites in the city. Alternatively, you could rent a bike. Getting around by bicycle is extremely popular in Ferrara, so you'll fit right in with the locals if you choose this means of transport.
Luggage storage in Ferrara
The historic heart of Ferrara is extremely walkable. And generally, that's the best way to explore the city. By traveling on foot, you allow yourself to slow down and discover the quirky charm of this ancient city. Alternatively, getting around by bike is also popular and makes it even easier to explore the town.
Either way, you won't want to be weighed down with heavy bags. Bounce provides convenient and safe luggage storage in Ferrara so that you can explore more easily. Drop off any size of bags for as long as you like and see everything the city has to offer.
Activities and attractions near Ferrara
- Po river: For the ultimate in relaxation with a historical twist, take a boat trip on the Po river. This historic waterway is the longest river in Italy and has been Ferrara's lifeblood since the city was founded. A boat cruise lets you see the city from a different angle and enjoy a drink while you learn more about the history of the region. A boat is no place for heavy bags, so make sure to drop yours off at a Bounce luggage storage locker in Ferrara before climbing aboard.
- Bologna : Make the quick trip to Bologna to see another fascinating Italian city. Only half an hour away by train, Bologna is known for its massive Gothic church and iconic 12th-century towers that offer incredible views across the city. Of course, this being Italy, it's also a great place to eat. You’ll find an endless variety of restaurants that celebrate the Emilia-Romagna region's produce and cuisine.
- Venice: A train ride of approximately an hour and a half from Ferrara will bring you to Venice. One of the most touristed cities in the world, the floating city of Venice needs no introduction. But even though it can get incredibly crowded, especially in the summer months, Venice remains a place you simply have to see at least once in your lifetime. Once you have explored this network of narrow streets and romantic canals, you'll almost certainly want to return again and again.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Ferrara?
The price for luggage storage in Ferrara is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Ferrara?
There are multiple locations all around Ferrara which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Villa Badoer, Piazza Trento e Trieste, Castello Estense and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Ferrara?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Ferrara.
Are there storage lockers in Ferrara?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Ferrara. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Ferrara where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Ferrara?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Kristall Bakery, Hostaria Savonarola SRL, and Burger King. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Ferrara are Astra Hotel, B&B Hotel Ferrara, and Hotel Nazionale.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Ferrara?
Ferrara offers several scenic parks including Parco Massari, Parco Urbano Giorgio Bassani, and Parco Pareschi.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Ferrara?
You can find local tourist information at Ufficio Informazioni Turistiche Ferrara, Ufficio Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica, and Associazione Strada dei Vini e dei Sapori della Prov.Fe.