Rated 4.9/5 (153,616 ratings)
Luggage Storage Bologna
Instantly reserve the best locations in Bologna to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Store Your Luggage Around Bologna With Bounce
Bologna is the capital city of Italy’s northern Emilia Romagna region, as well as its largest city. Ranking seventh in most populous cities in Italy, Bologna is home to nearly 1 million people and is one of the country’s most underrated and unique cities. Moreover, it is the oldest university town in Europe and has served as a retreat for creatives and intellectuals, with personalities such as Petrarch and Dante having passed through in the city during the 14th century.
Today, Bologna is a significant hub for finance and agriculture. It is one of the world’s key centers for food and electronics corporations. In the past, the city was often ignored in favor of other tourist destinations such as Venice and Rome. However, in recent years, Bologna has slowly made a name for itself in the tourism sector as a beautiful city. Explore and see an extremely thriving culture, fantastic architecture, and some of the best local cuisine you’ll ever try in Italy.
Whether you’re in Bologna for work or for travel, don't be stressed about your luggage. This is where Bounce comes in. We offer short-term storage so you can leave your luggage securely for hours or even days at a time!
Luggage Storage in Bologna
Bounce has partnered with local businesses located in the areas of Bologna that travelers frequent the most – from tourist attractions and points of interest to main transportation hubs and terminals. Easily store your bags in one of our partner locations before heading off on your day's journey.
Bologna City Guide
Top Things to Do
Though Bologna may not have canals, cliff-side villages, or historic ruins like other major Italian cities, it more than makes up for that with rich cultural attractions that give visitors an authentic Bolognese experience. The city is filled with spectacular museums and landmarks, fine shopping options, and immaculate dining spots that are a notch above the rest of Italy.
Given the city’s immensely vibrant past and rich history, Bologna has lots of stories that are being told through its museums. The city is filled with world-class institutions to leave you fascinated and intrigued. Here are some of the best museums in Bologna.
- Museum of Modern Art in Bologna (MAMbo): Known simply as MAMbo, this museum is located in the heart of the city’s art district – Manifattura delle Arti. Unlike other museums in Bologna, MAMbo displays modern art in visual form and boasts a permanent collection that follows the history of Italian art starting from World War II until present day. (Bag policy: Guests cannot bring their bags inside the museum and must leave them in the designated lockers on the ground floor. A more secure alternative would be to leave your things with Bounce.)
- Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna: Also known as the National Art Gallery of Bologna, this impressive museum is comprised of 30 halls used for both permanent and temporary exhibitions as well as conferences and workshops. The museum also houses an incredible collection that features works by some famous Italian artists such as Raphael, Titian, Reni, Guercino, and Perugino. (Bag policy: Large bags are prohibited inside the galleries, and the museum provides lockers for storage. Another alternative would be to store your things with Bounce.)
- Palazzo Poggi: This building was initially built for the Poggi brothers during the mid-1500s and is now converted into a museum. It hosts an extensive collection of different branches of science, including anatomy, physics and chemistry, natural history, and geography. (Bag policy: Oversized bags or backpacks are not allowed inside the Palazzo Poggi. To avoid inconvenience, deposit your gear with Bounce.
When it comes to shopping options, Bologna can keep up with the well-known shopping cities in Italy like Milan and Rome. From luxury and designer brands to novelty items and Bolognese delicatessen, you’ll find plenty of retail spots to spend some cash in Bologna.
- Via dell’Indipendenza: Arguably the most famous shopping street in all of Bologna, Via dell’Indipendenza is a one-stop shop that has everything you want. Starting from Piazza Maggiore all the way to the railway station, the avenue is filled with classy fashion boutiques and unique independent vendors. Enjoy purchasing everything from designer labels and leather goods to street food and beverages.
- Galleria Cavour: If you’re looking for high-end fashion shopping, then this is the one place that you have to go to. Located near Via Farini, the Galleria Cavour is home to some of the most exclusive Italian and international labels such as Fendi, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Cartier, and Yves Saint Laurent. Galleria Cavour is one of the world’s most renowned shopping centers and is a must-visit when in Bologna.
- Mercato di Mezzo: Otherwise known as “Middle Market,” Mercato di Mezzo is the city’s first covered market and has been around since the Medieval times. Located inside the Quadrilatero area, this market is the best place in the city to buy a wide variety of food ingredients, alcoholic products, coffee beans, and other special delicacies. There are also plenty of fantastic food stalls in the area where you can grab a quick bite after all the shopping.
Italian food is a cuisine that is beloved all over the world. While it is often imitated, nothing beats the authentic experience of eating in Italy. Though less popular among other Italian cities in other aspects, Bologna is the top destination for the best gastronomic experience in the country and is even dubbed the “food capital of Italy.”
- Bolognese food: Italian food, in general, is terrific but often, the way of preparation and ingredients used vary among the regions. One of the food institutions in Bologna that you absolutely have to try is Trattoria Anna Maria, which is beloved by locals and tourists alike. In fact, celebrities from all over the world have stopped by to have dinner here, as evident in their walls filled with autographs and images. Another must-try in Bologna is All’Osteria Bottega, serving Bolognese favorites made with the freshest ingredients. Other Bolognese staples that you have to check out are Drogheria Della Rosa, Il Tinello, and Trattoria Da Me.
- Seafood: As the food scene in Bologna continuously evolves, more and more restaurants are serving seafood creations that both locals and visitors can enjoy. Osteria Bartolini, owned by the prominent Bartolini family, is a crowd favorite and is known for the seafood delicacies such as fish risotto and octopus with potato salad. Other seafood joints to try in Bologna are Da Maro, Banco 32 and Bistro Domino.
- Café: Coffee is a significant part of Italy’s food culture, and you’d be remiss not to check out the fantastic cafés around Bologna. In the heart of the city is Caffe Terzi, a specialty café that serves a wide variety of coffee sourced from all over the world, including India and Ethiopia. A hidden gem not to be missed is Le Petit Café, which some locals say has the best coffee in the entire city. Other spots worth your time are Caffetteria Lilu, Caffe Rubik, and Café de la Paix.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Bologna?
The price for luggage storage in Bologna is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Bologna?
There are multiple locations all around Bologna which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Ipercoop Villanova di Castenaso, Piazza del Nettuno (Piazza Nettuno), Piazza VIII Agosto and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Bologna?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Bologna.
Are there storage lockers in Bologna?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Bologna. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Bologna where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Bologna?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Tavola Amica Roveri, Autogrill SPA - Area Servizio Cantagallo Ovest, and Café Pasticceria Gamberini. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Bologna are I Portici Hotel Bologna, Starhotels Excelsior, and Royal Hotel Carlton.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Bologna?
Bologna offers several scenic parks including Parco della Montagnola, Parco delle Staffette Partigiane, and Giardino del Baraccano.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Bologna?
You can find local tourist information at Museo Memoriale della Libertà, C.T.S. Centro Turistico Studentesco, and Kc Travel.