+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Genoa
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Your Genoa Guides
Luggage storage nearby most
Genoa Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 25, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Genoa?" Perhaps you just arrived in Genoa and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at I Leudi, Zara, or Coin and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Marina di Portofino, Castello di Campo Ligure, or Piazza della Vittoria and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Genoa!
Luggage storage nearby most Genoa hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Genoa and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Genoa start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Genoa now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are La Cervara, Abbazia di San Girolamo al Monte di Portofino, Lungomare Bianchi, and Bar del Moro. You can also go for a hike around Scout CNGEI - Sezione di Arenzano, Ente Parco di Portofino, and Bluetrekkers. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out La Strambata, Hotel NH Collection Genova Marina, and Caffetteria Orefici.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Genoa with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Genoa without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
In Northern Italy’s mountainous Liguria region lies the port city of Genoa. The city is home to the largest seaport in the country, serving as a regional hub for passenger and goods transport. Near the bustling boat traffic, Genoa’s historic Porto Antico district features old buildings mixed in with modern shops, restaurants, and attractions.
Most of Genoa’s attractions date back hundreds of years, and numerous world history events have ties to the city. Genoa’s museums offer excellent insight into the city’s vibrant past, displaying awe-inspiring artifacts and some world-famous works of art.
When it comes time to dine in Genoa, there are options galore. Regional specialties include pesto, seafood, and other Mediterranean-style cuisines. Numerous top-notch restaurants offer delicious variations of each, and sweet-seekers can rest assured that the baked goods scene is strong here too.
Traveling in Genoa is simple. The city has an extensive network of bus and metro routes, and funiculars are also available. The Airport of Genoa services international and regional flights, and ferries and cruise ships provide water travel from the city’s busy port.
Fun Fact: Genoa’s been home to several notable people, including Sigmund Freud and a high concentration of maritime navigators.
Things to do in Genoa
As one of Italy’s top cultural and industrial centers, Genoa features a long list of traveler amenities, historical sites, and shopping options. The city’s artistic past (and present) has made a lasting impression on its architecture, elegant piazzas, and even modern street art.
Whether you’re visiting Genoa for its historical attractions or passing through on a quick business trip, set aside some time to experience the essence of the city.
- Sip your morning cappuccino while strolling along Via Garibaldi, a centuries-old street packed with residences fit for royalty.
- Stand in the shadow of the Lighthouse of Genoa. Join a lighthouse tour to explore the on-site museum and catch sweeping views of the sea.
- Pop into Caffe Pasticceria Mangini to sample some of the region’s best sacripantina (sponge cake).
- Escape to the laid-back Boccadasse neighborhood for a low-key, al fresco lunch. Enjoy a post-meal meander along the pebble-stone beach while admiring sea views and the district’s unique and colorful structures.
- Scope out some of the city’s oldest structures at the Porta Soprana gate.
- Transport yourself to the tropics at the all-glass Biosphere. The climate-controlled sphere houses non-native animals in a lush, balmy setting.
- Take a break next to the Piazza De Ferrari fountain.
- Savor the sunset and the sea with a private boat cruise at dusk.
- Round out the evening with some beverages at Bar La Tartana.
Transit options in Genoa
- Air (Airport of Genoa)
Luggage storage in Genoa
Once you’ve explored Genoa’s top attractions, you can venture beyond the city limits to see the rest of the region. Head an hour’s drive north to Ente Parco Naturale Regionale dell Antola to experience rolling mountain valleys and sparkling lakes, or take a day trip to Milan, just a two-hour train ride away.
Before you branch out to Northern Italy’s best cities and attractions, find luggage storage in Genoa. Book online reservations with Bounce, and you’ll have access to storage sites that are convenient and secure.
Attractions and activities near Genoa
- Aquarium of Genoa: This massive watery wonderland houses over 500 aquatic species, and is one of the largest aquariums in Europe. The aquarium’s structure resembles a ship and features extensive exhibits highlighting marine life from all over the world. Visitors can view coral reefs, stand a glass pane away from sharks, and spend time interacting with rays at the touch pool. Staff-led presentations are also offered throughout the day, offering guests opportunities to learn more about a few of the aquarium’s residents. Site amenities include restrooms, food vendors, and Wi-Fi; it’s an excellent place to plant yourself on a rainy day.
- Genoa Cathedral: This 12th-century church is a prominent piece of Genoa’s history. The architectural wonder towers over the stone-paved streets of Old Town and can be reached on foot or via public transport. Intricate scenes and designs are carved into the cathedral’s facade; visitors could easily spend hours examining the building’s exterior. The church’s interior is also worth exploring. Gorgeous frescoes adorn its walls, and a misfired World War II arterial shell is on display. Below the surface, though, is where some of the cathedral’s best artifacts are housed. In the subterranean Museum of the Treasury, exhibits include a Roman sarcophagus and historical artifacts dating back to biblical times.
- Galata Museo del Mare: This multifaceted maritime museum focuses on the region’s history with the sea. The museum’s two dozen exhibits range from an authentic 1976 submarine to life-sized recreations of a 17th-century ship galley and 200-year-old schooner. Visitors can tour the submarine’s interior, learn about Genoa-born explorer Christopher Columbus’ excursions, and view historical globes and maps used to navigate ocean travels. Some displays are interactive, and an on-site media library offers additional info on topics highlighted in the museum.
- Parco delle Mura: This sloping park is the largest green space in Genoa. It’s just an hour’s walk or public transit ride from the city center, and can also be reached via bicycle. Parco delle Mura is a popular spot for hiking and running, and its proximity to the city makes it an easy half-day destination. The park’s paths weave along rugged hillsides and towering 18th-century military fortifications. For some fantastic countryside views and outdoor recreation in Genoa, Parco delle Mura is the place to be.
If you plan to travel throughout Europe take a look at guides for Turin, Catania, and Verona. We offer fantastic luggage storage coverage throughout Europe that you can take advantage of during your travels.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Genoa?
The price for luggage storage in Genoa is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Genoa?
There are multiple locations all around Genoa which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Marina di Portofino, Castello di Campo Ligure, Piazza della Vittoria and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Genoa?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Genoa.
Are there storage lockers in Genoa?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Genoa. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Genoa where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Genoa?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Soraya, Eataly Genova, and La Piadineria. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Genoa are Hotel Bristol Palace, Starhotels President, and B&B Hotel Genova.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Genoa?
Genoa offers several scenic parks including Parchi di Nervi, Piazza Rossetti, and Acquasola.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Genoa?
You can find local tourist information at Agenzia Viaggi Macramè, I Sentieri Del Mondo SRL, and Happy Tour SRL.