How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Gare Saint Charles Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Jan 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Gare Saint Charles?" Perhaps you just arrived in Marseille and need a place to store your bags near Gare Saint Charles before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at C.C Avant Cap, C.C Grand Vitrolles, or C.C Jas de Bouffan and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Plage de Cassis, Port de Marseille-Fos, or Castellas City .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Gare Saint Charles!
Luggage storage nearby Gare Saint Charles with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Marseille with multiple locations near Gare Saint Charles.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Gare Saint Charles area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Gare Saint Charles area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Barrage de Bimont, Bar du Commerce, and Ghetto. You can also go for a hike around Calanque de Niolon, Forêt de la Sainte-Baume, and Montée Commandant René Valentin. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Le Passe Temps, Brasserie OM, and The Red Lion.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Gare Saint Charles area?
✅Multiple locations near Gare Saint Charles✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Gare Saint Charles with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Gare Saint Charles really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Gare Saint Charles and Marseille without your things!
About Gare Saint Charles
Located in the St. Charles district right in the heart of the city, Gare Saint Charles has been an important part of Marseilles since it was opened in 1848. The 11th busiest station in France, it serves over 16 million passengers each year.
Back when the station was first built, it was a little way outside the city, which grew up around its seaport. The station was built on a hill overlooking the town, and an ancient cemetery had to be cleared to make way for it. The hilltop location of the rail station was linked to the rest of the city by the construction of the grand staircase in 1925. This staircase, decorated with statues inspired by the destinations travelers can reach from Marseilles Port, has since become an icon of the city and makes an impressive introduction to this Mediterranean town.
The station continued to grow throughout the 20th century, finally reaching its current size with 14 platforms. In 1983, the station was bombed by legendary international terrorist Carlos the Jackal. The station grew even larger in 2001, when the high-speed TGV rail line cut the journey time to Paris and other French cities from Marseilles. Now, St. Charles functions as a transportation hub for the entire Provence region and contains a busy bus station as well as the train station.
Things to do near Gare Saint Charles
It's just a short trip down the grand staircase from the train station to Marseille's center. And once there, you'll find yourself surrounded by things to do. One of the largest cities in the country, Marseille nevertheless has an atmosphere all of its own. As an important port for thousands of years, Marseille has always been a place where different worlds collide.
- Check out one of France's most notable public gardens, the Palais Longchamp. Located just to the east of the train station, this landscaped park and its impressive historic monument date back to 1869 and are a perfect place for photographs.
- Get some culture at Marseille's Fine Art Museum. Begun as a place to house works of art seized from the abolished aristocracy during the French Revolution, the museum boasts an impressive collection with work by artists such as Carracci, Canaletto, Rubens, and others.
- Enjoy the atmosphere in the old Port of Marseilles. This harbor has been a center of trade for over 2,000 years, and a large part of what has given Marseilles its unique character. Surrounded by restaurants and bars located in former warehouses, the harbor is also home to a fish market where you can pick up the catch of the day or simply watch the boats come and go.
- Learn more about the history of the city at the Marseilles History Museum. The city has been around since the time of the Phoenicians 2,600 years ago, so it's no surprise that this is the largest city history museum in France. Explore artifacts from the very first settlers in Marseilles up to the present day and gain a deeper understanding of the forces that have shaped the city.
- Take a stroll along La Corniche. This seafront promenade stretches for miles along the edge of the city from the Old Port. The bright blue water and rocky shore make for a spectacular sight, and it's the best place to people-watch in all of Marseilles.
Transit options near Gare Saint Charles
- Marseilles International Airport is the largest in Provence and connects to many destinations throughout Europe. Buses from Gare Saint Charles leave for the airport every 15 minutes, making the journey in around half an hour.
- As well as the train station, St. Charles is also a station for long-distance coaches. This makes the station easy to reach from other cities in France, Spain, Italy, and beyond.
- St. Charles has its own Metro station that is served by both lines of the Marseilles Metro. You'll also find a tram stop just to the south of the station. Plus, many of the city's bus routes stop at or near St. Charles.
Luggage storage near Gare Saint Charles
With reliably sunny weather and many fascinating neighborhoods to explore, Marseille is a perfect city to wander on foot. As a pedestrian, you’ll be able to stop in anywhere that intrigues you and soak up the atmosphere of this busy and vibrant city.
However, Marseilles is known for its hills. To make things easier on yourself, drop your extra bags at a luggage storage facility near Gare St Charles. No matter how many bags you have, Bounce can help you find a place to store them safely until you're ready to pick them up again.
Activities and attractions near Gare Saint Charles
- Notre Dame de la Garde: One of Marseille's top attractions, the church of Notre Dame de la Garde, located on a high hill above the city, should not be missed. A tourist train makes the church easy to reach, and it's worth seeing for the offerings that hang from the ceiling of the church, put there by fishermen grateful to return from dangerous voyages. The church also bears the scars of bullets and shells that struck it during the Second World War. Plus, the hill gives an unequaled view of the city and the sea beyond. Drop off any heavy bags at a luggage storage shop in Marseilles so you can take your time exploring the church and its location.
- MuCEM: MuCEM is a museum like no other, and that's not only because of its cutting-edge architecture. Located on the waterfront, the museum is dedicated to a broad view of Mediterranean civilization. This somewhat fuzzy focus allows the museum to cater to many different tastes, and whatever you're into, you'll probably find something interesting here. Plus, the tickets also give you entry to the 17th-century fort next door, which is well worth exploring.
- Calanques National Park: Don’t miss the stunning scenery of Calanques National Park. Just outside Marseilles, this natural area is a wilderness of white cliffs and bright blue sea. Perfect for hiking, climbing, swimming, and boating, you could spend days exploring the many rocky coves of the Provence coastline. Easily reached by tour bus or by boat from Marseilles, the park is one of France’s most celebrated outdoor destinations.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Gare Saint Charles
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Gare Saint Charles?
The price for luggage storage near Gare Saint Charles is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Gare Saint Charles?
There are multiple locations in the Gare Saint Charles area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gare SNCF, Gare SNCF de Saint-Cyr-Les Lecques — la Cadière, and Gare SNCF de Gardanne and all over Marseille.
Is it safe to store your bags near Gare Saint Charles?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Gare Saint Charles.
Are there storage lockers near Gare Saint Charles?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Gare Saint Charles area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Gare Saint Charles and in the broader Marseille area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Gare Saint Charles?
Popular metro stations like Métro Cinq Avenues, Métro Louis Armand, or Métro Sainte-Marguerite Dromel — Stade Vélodrome can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Marseille near Gare Saint Charles, you may be close to some bus stations: Gare routière de Marseille Saint-Charles, Station Gare Saint Antoine, or L240. If traveling by train, Marseille Saint-Charles Railway Station (Gare SNCF de Marseille Saint-Charles), Gare SNCF de Saint-Louis-les Aygalades, and Gare de l'Estaque are nearest to Gare Saint Charles.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Gare Saint Charles?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Gare Saint Charles are Campanile Marseille Saint Antoine, NH Collection Marseille, and Grand Hôtel Beauvau Marseille Vieux Port. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Gare Saint Charles are The People Hostel, Vertigo Vieux-Port, and Auberge de Jeunesse.
Where are the best restaurants near Gare Saint Charles?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Gare Saint Charles are Le Palandoken, McDonald's, and Gilberte & Marguerite.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Gare Saint Charles?
Check out the nearby Parc de la Maison Blanche, Parc Longchamp, and Parc du XXVI ème centenaire Marseille.