Luggage Storage Nice
If you're planning a trip to Europe, you simply must visit Nice. Located in the French Riviera, about 20 miles from the French-Italian border, this is the ideal place to sate your appetite for travel. Nice has a wonderful climate, fantastic beaches, and coastlines with some of the most exquisite views you'll ever see. Stroll down picturesque cobbled city streets to explore the history and culture of Nice if you're looking for some free things to do, or explore the Promenade des Anglais if you're after activities for children. Shop ‘til you drop and look for the perfect gift in quaint settings and mall venues. Be sure to take the time to dine in restaurants within view of some beautiful sights. At the same time, enjoy delectable food with exceptional service and ambiance. If you've scheduled your visit in February, be sure to check out the carnival activities.
Whether you are moving from a meeting to a night out in Nice, or you're in the city on vacation and want to explore the surrounding area on a scenic hike, there will be Bounce luggage storage facilities close by. So instead of letting your belongings dictate what you can and can't do, store your luggage for a few hours while you explore.
Luggage Storage Services in Nice
Nice is a top-notch tourist destination for young and old, but don't add needless stress to your day by lugging heavy bags wherever you go. There are plenty of Bounce-approved luggage storage options around town near popular tourist attractions as well as busy transport hubs such as the Nice Airport and Nice Ville train station. Unlike traditional station luggage lockers, we can take luggage of all different sizes; our motto is, "if we can lift it we can store it". In addition, all Bounce luggage storage locations are vetted before they join the Bounce platform, and a security seal is placed on each bag.
Nice City Guide
Top Things to Do
Nice is a beautiful area with festivals, gorgeous beaches, art, and culture to experience. The city hosts one of the largest carnivals worldwide in February, which began in 1274 and was officially recognized in the 19th century. Looking for an exciting evening on the town? Nice can give you that. You'll also find plenty of shopping and dining opportunities. Here on business? Remember to fit a little pleasure in and store your extra luggage with Bounce so you can check those must-see destinations in Nice off your list.
Are you interested in art appreciation? How about Asian art exhibitions, tea ceremonies, and gardens? Whatever your interests, there are plenty of fantastic museums to explore in Nice.
These museums are a great activity option if you have a few hours before checking into your hotel or catching your flight. Most museums have a bag policy and will not allow you to bring in suitcases, backpacks, or oversized handbags. Instead of storing your belongings in the Museums' overpriced luggage deposit rooms, book luggage storage near the museum and pay just €5 for an entire day of storage.
- Marc Chagall National Museum: Experience the passion, the drama, the sympathy, and the colors used by this famous Russian-born painter and designer. This exhibit will surely amaze and inspire you. Many visitors leave this museum inspired after viewing some of the biblical renderings created by this artist.
- Observatoire de la Cote d'Azur: Take the bus to this observatory that sits 1,247 feet above the city. Be sure to take your camera because the stunning views will leave you speechless. The beautiful panoramic views of the city, the beaches, and the mountains will surely instill a desire to return again.
- Musee des Arts Asiatiques de Nice: This museum exhibits some of the most amazing Asian art items that you'll ever see. Make a point to experience the tea ceremony and the gorgeous gardens. Described as impressive by other visitors, it is centrally located across from the international airport.
Bring a little Nice home with you. There are some amazing places to shop in Nice, including specialty shops, open-air marketplaces, or the traditional mall-type.
What you'll get when you shop here is beauty and ambiance, unlike many other places on the planet.
- Molinard Parfums: This specialty shop is where you want to go to buy your favorite scent in a bottle. Choose from hundreds of scents designed to fit your mood, attitude, and desires. The biggest problem you'll have is trying not to purchase more than you can carry.
- Marche Aux Fleurs Cours Saleya: This open-air marketplace will thrill the bargain shopper in you. You'll find flowers, produce, food items, and live fowl that has been grown or bred on neighboring farms. Stroll through this market to find baked goods and hundreds of flower varieties at reasonable prices you're sure to appreciate.
- Nice Etoile: Located in the center of Nice, this mall offers not only shopping but also great coffee and ice cream! You can sit and relax or shop ‘til you drop.
If you have accumulated a lot of bags after a long day of shopping utilize luggage storage in nice to stash your stuff. Our Luggage storage service is designed to store more than just your luggage.
Everyone likes and needs to eat, some of us more than others. If you're one who likes to try new dishes and experiment with new tastes, you'll love the eatery choices available to you in Nice. Whether you're looking for a late brunch, a quick coffee, fine dining, or some of the best street food in Nice, there's plenty to satisfy the pallets of even the most discerning of tastes. Since many restaurants prefer to keep it simple when it comes to baggage, let nearby Bounce luggage storage partners store your bags while you enjoy the culinary delights of Nice.
- Olim: This French Cafe is located in a lovely location near the old town. With a great view of the park, it offers a small, cozy place to relax for either breakfast or lunch.
- Illia Pasta: For those with a taste for Italian - Mediterranean, this eatery provides mouth-watering pasta in an intimate setting in the old city of Nice. The pasta, made fresh from prime ingredients, can be found in dishes that are very reasonably priced.
- Peixes: Are you salivating for seafood? This is the place you definitely need to satisfy that taste. They serve amazing fish and fresh seafood that is coupled with very tasty fruits and vegetables. Reasonable prices, high quality, and modest portions describe the fare.
Nice is one of France's most beloved cities and one of the world's most popular tourist destinations. It was originally founded by ancient Greek settlers during 350 BC. In fact, it was the Greeks who influenced Nice's name. Originally, the Phocean Greeks named the area that they settled in Nikaia after Nike, the Greek Goddess of Victory. Centuries later, Nikaia would become Nizza after Italian forces invaded the city. Finally, in 1860, France would occupy the city and name it Nice. The rest is history in the making. These days, Nice remains as popular as ever. The city houses several iconic cathedrals, such as the Basilica of Notre Dame de Nice.
As of 2015, Nice's population has surpassed the 350,000 mark. Moreover, about 42,000 tourists visit Nice every month. Nice la Belle, or Nice the Beautiful, is truly a one-of-a-kind city. We're not at all surprised by the large number of people that visit the city each year. We're also not surprised by Nice's moderate crime rate. Robberies, burglaries, and pickpocketing occur pretty frequently in Nice. As enchanting as Nice might be, you'll need to stay alert and exercise your best judgment when visiting the city. To avoid being targeted for petty crime, consider using a Bounce left luggage facility to safely secure your items. To learn more about our luggage storage services, download the Bounce luggage storage app.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What's the best way to get around Nice?”
Walking is one of the best ways to get around Nice. The city is very compact, making on-foot travel one of the most viable and affordable ways to get from point A to point B. Biking is also a great way to get around, as is scootering and roller skating. If you want to rent a bike for a few hours and don't know what to do with your stuff find luggage storage near the rental shop, so you can enjoy your bike tour hands free.
“Is public transportation in Nice safe?”
Yes, Nice's transit system is very safe. French peace officers monitor key locations like bus stops and nice train stations every hour, on the hour. They also often use roller skates to quickly catch burglars who are traveling on foot. We have a luggage storage location close to major transit hubs like the Nice Ville Station and the Nice port.
“What's the best neighborhood to stay in Nice?”
There are plenty of amazing places to stay in Nice. Cimiez is one of the quietest cities in Nice – literally and figuratively. Very little crime is reported in this area, and the neighborhood has a relatively small population.
“What are the best museums to visit in Nice?”
The Musee des Arts Asiatiques de Nice features many paintings, statues, reliefs, and sculptures from Asia. The Musee National du Sport pays tribute to athletes of all disciplines, like boxing and tennis, just to name a few.
“What's the best time of year to visit Nice?”
Try to visit Nice later in the year, around September through October, to save a lot of money on expenses. You can also visit during the spring, between March and April, where prices will be slightly higher, but the city will be booming with festivities.
If you plan to travel throughout Europe take a look at guides for Toulouse, Lille, and Paris. We offer fantastic luggage storage coverage throughout Europe that you can take advantage of during your travels.