Rated 4.9/5 (153,791 ratings)
Luggage Storage Santorini
Instantly reserve the best locations in Santorini to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Santorini Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Santorini?" Perhaps you just arrived in Santorini and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Golden Bazaar, Bligaki, or The Silk Shop and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Perissa Beach (Παραλία Περίσσας), Manganari Beach (Παραλία Μαγγανάρι), or Red Beach (Κόκκινη Παραλία) and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Santorini!
Luggage storage nearby most Santorini hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Santorini and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Santorini start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Santorini now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Hungry Donkey, Passaggio, and Coffee Island. You can also go for a hike around Moni Kalamiotisa and Fira to Oía Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Beach Bar, Magnum Opus Plus, and PK Cocktail Bar.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Santorini with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Santorini without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
As an island in the Mediterranean, Santorini has a long and rich history. Officially known as Thira, the island has been shaped through the centuries by both human and natural forces. In fact, the present form of the island was created in the 16th century BC by a shattering volcanic eruption. Santorini and the islands closest to it are the remnants of the caldera of this underwater volcano.
Santorini was a population center for the Minoan civilization that came from the island of Crete. This ancient and mysterious civilization has left traces which can still be seen on the island today. However, another massive eruption – one of the largest in recorded history – occurred 3,600 years ago and may have contributed to the decline of the Minoan civilization. There are even some theories that the devastation the volcano caused is the origin of the story of Atlantis.
Following this eruption, Santorini remained unoccupied for centuries. However, it was later colonized by Phoenicians, then Greeks. Ruled for a while by Egypt and then Rome, Santorini changed hands between the Byzantine Empire, the Venetians, and the Ottomans. Following Greek independence, it became part of Greece in 1832.
Things to do in Santorini
Santorini’s scenery brings millions of visitors to the small island every year. The bright blue sea and rugged cliffs of this volcanic island make for perfect photo opportunities. But thanks to its long history of civilization, there’s more to the island than just the pretty pictures you’ll take.
- Get those all-important photos in the town of Oia. When people think of Santorini, most of the time it’s Oia they are imagining. Facing west, this charming village of white houses with blue accents is known for absolutely stunning sunsets. There is also a wealth of restaurants and tavernas in the area, so you can continue having fun long after the sun has set.
- Peer into the ancient past at Akrotiri. This Minoan town was buried by volcanic corruption 3,600 years ago, making it Santorini's answer to Pompeii. The excavated city is one of the best-preserved Minoan sites in the world, and offers a unique glimpse into this vanished civilization.
- Experience more of the island's history at Ancient Thera. Situated on a high mountain ridge, this ancient city has roots that go all the way back to the 9th century BC. Founded by Spartans and ruled by Greeks and Romans, this was the main city of the island until 726, and the atmospheric ruins are a great place to ponder history while enjoying stunning views.
- Enjoy a livelier side of the island at Perissa beach. Famous for its black volcanic sand, this beach is the perfect place to work on your tan and dip a toe in the warm Aegean sea.
- See the raw power of nature on a boat tour of the caldera. These tours take you around Santorini and the neighboring islands so you can see the full scope of this volcanic region.
Transit options in Santorini
- Santorini National Airport connects the island with the Greek capital of Athens. During the summer, charter flights operate from other European cities to Santorini, including Paris, London, and Frankfurt.
- You can also reach Santorini from Athens by ferry. Although usually cheaper than flying, the ferry takes longer. A regular ferry takes eight hours, while the high-speed ferry takes five hours.
- Regular bus service runs from Santorini airport to the capital city of Fira. To get anywhere else on the island, you'll need to change to a different bus in Fira.
Luggage storage in Santorini
Blessed with great weather and stunning scenery, Santorini is a place made for walking. After all, throughout the course of the island's long history, walking was more or less the only way to get around. Relax into the island's slow pace and travel by foot the way the islanders have always done.
Drop off extra bags with a Bounce luggage storage partner in Santorini and simplify your whole trip. No matter how big your bags or how many bags you have, Bounce can help you find a place to store them while you go and explore.
Activities and attractions near Santorini
- Nea Kameni: Explore a different world on the volcanic island of Nea Kameni. This island rose from the middle of the caldera off the coast of Santorini in the 18th century. The barren and rocky landscape, with its steaming vents and natural hot springs, feels almost like visiting an alien planet. Boat trips from Santorini can bring you to this volcanically active island, and you can easily spend an afternoon exploring this unique geological marvel. Make the trip easier on yourself by dropping off your heavy bags at a luggage storage shop in Santorini.
- Oia: To truly experience the stunning scenery of the island, take a hike from Fira to Oia. This six-mile trail leads you over rocky ridges that offer jaw-dropping views of the island and the sea beyond. Time your trip bright, and you could arrive in the iconic town of Oia just in time to enjoy its legendary sunset. The white rock houses and blue rooftops of the town are the iconic image of Santorini, and the west-facing village enjoys some of the most spectacular sunsets on earth.
- Amoudi Bay: Away from the more touristed sites of the island, Amoudi Bay is a quaint fishing village that allows you to delve more fully into the real life of Santorini. You'll find some of the island's best seafood here, so settle yourself at a waterside table and enjoy some of the best of what the island has to offer.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Santorini?
The price for luggage storage in Santorini is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Santorini?
There are multiple locations all around Santorini which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Perissa Beach (Παραλία Περίσσας), Manganari Beach (Παραλία Μαγγανάρι), Red Beach (Κόκκινη Παραλία) and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Santorini?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Santorini.
Are there storage lockers in Santorini?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Santorini. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Santorini where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Santorini?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Il Maestro, Zafora, and Lucky's Souvlakis. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Santorini are Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa, Loucas Hotel, and Kastro Suites.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Santorini?
Santorini offers several scenic parks including Παιδική Χαρά Καμαρίου, Park, and Ατακτουληδεσ.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Santorini?
You can find local tourist information at Santorini-Greece, Pelagos Cruises, and Kalma.