How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Bilbao
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Bilbao Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Bilbao Airport starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Bilbao Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Bilbao Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Estación de Sagrada Familia, EuskoTren Lemoa, and Estation de Zaldibar and all over Bilbao.
Is it safe to store your bags near Bilbao Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Bilbao Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Bilbao Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Bilbao Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Bilbao Airport and in the broader Bilbao area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Bilbao Airport?
Popular metro stations like Metro Deusto, Metro San Mamés, or Metro Algorta can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Bilbao near Bilbao Airport, you may be close to some bus stations: Termibus, Parada Bilbobus 6103, or Parada Bilbobus 6101. If traveling by train, Estación de Abando Indalecio Prieto, Estación de Lutxana, and Renfe Zabalburu are nearest to Bilbao Airport.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Bilbao Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Bilbao Airport are Hotel Artaza, Vincci Consulado de Bilbao, and Ilunion San Mamés. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Bilbao Airport are Residencia Universitaria Blas de Otero, Albergue Bilbao Aterpetxea, and Bcool Bilbao.
Where are the best restaurants near Bilbao Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Bilbao Airport are Bilbao Airport (BIO) (Aeropuerto de Bilbao), Casco Viejo (Bilbao), and Pozgarri.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Bilbao Airport?
Check out the nearby Parque Bizkotxalde parkea, Parque Artaza, and Etxebarria Parkea (Parque Etxebarria).
Store your luggage around Bilbao Airport
Luggage storage nearby most Bilbao Airport hotspotsPosted
Bilbao Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Bilbao Airport?” Perhaps you just arrived in Bilbao and need a place to store your bags near Bilbao Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Primark, Bara-max center, or Ballonti Shopping Mall (C.C. Ballonti) and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Bilbao Airport area at Playa de Gorliz-ko Hondartza, Playa Barinatxe / Salvaje Hondartza, or Playa de Bakio and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Bilbao Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Bilbao Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Bilbao with multiple locations near Bilbao Airport.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Bilbao Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Bilbao Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Jardines de Albia, Mirador de Artxanda, and Amorino. You can also go for a hike around Bosque Pintado de Oma, Finca Munoa, and La Arboleda. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Txinuk, Makro, and Gildatxo Taberna.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Bilbao Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Bilbao Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Bilbao Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Bilbao Airport really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Bilbao Airport and Bilbao without your things!
About Bilbao Airport
A little over five miles north of the city of Bilbao, Bilbao airport is the busiest in northern Spain. It receives five and a half million passengers per year, many of whom come to explore the semi-autonomous region's unique culture. The airport flies to destinations throughout Europe, including London, Dublin, Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, and many others. With short-haul flights to other locations in Spain, including many of the Spanish islands, Bilbao is an important airport for transfers too.
Construction of Bilbao airport began in the 1930s during the Spanish Civil War. In 1937, it was used purely for military planes. It wasn't until 1948 that the airport began handling civilian traffic. But the growing popularity of air travel saw the airport expand relatively quickly. The runway was extended in the 1960s to accept the larger planes that were being used. After the fall of Franco's dictatorship in 1975, Spain opened up more to foreign tourists, and Bilbao airport came into its own. The airport received a brand-new terminal building in 2000, keeping the amenities at the airport up-to-date for the millions of passengers who pass through every year.
Things to do near Bilbao Airport
Like many airports, Bilbao is relatively close to the city it serves, and it's not difficult to get into town from the airport. Whether you're planning a longer trip or find yourself in the airport on a layover, you won't have to go far to find some fun and interesting things to do.
- Stretch your legs at Merendero Park. Just to the south of the airport, this hilly park is a great place to get some exercise and offers excellent views over the city. If you're looking for a place to get some fresh air between flights, this is the perfect spot to do it.
- Explore culture at the Guggenheim Museum. One of Bilbao's most famous attractions, this museum is located toward the north side of the city, making it easy to reach the airport. The strikingly designed building with its giant spider sculpture outside is worth visiting by itself, but the collection of Basque artists inside should also not be missed.
- See the old heart of Bilbao in the Casco Viejo neighborhood. The pedestrianized streets make this neighborhood easy to explore, and when you want to take a break, you’ll find no end of restaurants and cafés ready to refresh you.
- See the spiritual heart of Bilbao at the Cathedral of St. James. Dating back to the 14th century, this Gothic cathedral is a magnificent sight. Don't miss the swastika carved above the door, a traditional Basque symbol that has nothing to do with the sinister meaning it acquired in the 20th century.
- Sample unique food at one of Bilbao's many bars. Pintxos are bite-size dishes of rustic bread with an astonishing variety of toppings, and are a Basque classic. Many bars in the city offer pintxos, but El Globo is a good place to start.
Transit options near Bilbao Airport
- With flights to most major European cities, Bilbao airport is easy to reach from just about anywhere on the continent. It’s especially well connected to other Spanish cities.
- Bus line 3247 connects Bilbao airport with the center of the city and the bus station. There are also plans to extend the city's Metro network to the airport, but these have yet to be realized.
- There is a direct car ferry from Portsmouth in the UK to Bilbao Port. A twenty minute bus ride connects the port to the airport.
Luggage storage near Bilbao Airport
It's only a short bus ride from Bilbao airport to the city it serves. As a result, even if you're only in Bilbao for a short time, you can still see much of what makes the city so special without traveling too far from the airport. Drop off your extra bags at a luggage storage shop near Bilbao airport so that you can travel light and experience the Basque region for yourself. Bounce makes it easy to store any size bags while you get acquainted with this unique town.
Activities and attractions near Bilbao Airport
- Urdaibai Park: See a more natural side of the Basque country at Urdaibai Park. Based around the river Oka, the park is home to vibrant wetlands, dense forests, and spectacular rocky beaches. Home to species of birds that are rarely seen anywhere else, it's a paradise for nature lovers. As part of the medieval pilgrimage route, the Camino Santiago, the park also contains many historically significant sites. Or, if you'd prefer to just lounge on the beach, you can do that too. Just make sure to drop your bags off at a luggage storage locker in Bilbao before you go.
- Santona: Spend some time on some of the best beaches in northern Spain in and around the small coastal town of Santona. Just to the north of Bilbao, this region is home to Marismas de Santona Natural Park and occupies a headland that bulges out into the Bay of Biscay. Blessed with a gorgeous coastline that combines both sandy beaches and rocky coves, it's the perfect place to enjoy Spain's warm weather and cool off in the ocean. Make the trip easier by leaving your heavy bags at a Bilbao luggage storage shop before you go.
- Biarritz: Hop over the border to check out one of France's most legendary beach resorts at Biarritz. This charming town has been a vacation destination for the rich and famous for decades, and its reliably warm weather and gorgeous scenery are sure to leave an indelible impression. A short train ride or bus journey will bring you over the border so you can experience French culture and cuisine not far from Bilbao.