How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Bilbao
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Old Town?
The price for luggage storage near Old Town starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Old Town?
There are multiple locations in the Old Town area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Estación de Sagrada Familia, EuskoTren Lemoa, and Estation de Zaldibar and all over Bilbao.
Is it safe to store your bags near Old Town?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Old Town.
Are there storage lockers near Old Town?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Old Town area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Old Town and in the broader Bilbao area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Old Town?
Popular metro stations like Metro Deusto, Metro San Mamés, or Metro Indautxu can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Bilbao near Old Town, you may be close to some bus stations: Termibus, Parada Bilbobus 6103, or Parada Bilbobus 6101. If traveling by train, Estación de Abando Indalecio Prieto, Estación de Lutxana, and Renfe Zabalburu are nearest to Old Town.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Old Town?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Old Town are Vincci Consulado de Bilbao, Ilunion San Mamés, and Hotel Carlton. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Old Town are Residencia Universitaria Blas de Otero, Albergue Bilbao Aterpetxea, and Bcool Bilbao.
Where are the best restaurants near Old Town?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Old Town are Bilbao Airport (BIO) (Aeropuerto de Bilbao), Casco Viejo (Bilbao), and Pozgarri.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Old Town?
Check out the nearby Parque Bizkotxalde parkea, Mendikosolo Parkea, and Etxebarria Parkea (Parque Etxebarria).
Store your luggage around Old Town
Luggage storage nearby most Old Town hotspotsPosted
Old Town Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Old Town?” Perhaps you just arrived in Bilbao and need a place to store your bags near Old Town before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Bara-max center, Ballonti Shopping Mall (C.C. Ballonti), or H&M and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Old Town area at Playa de Gorliz-ko Hondartza, Playa Barinatxe / Salvaje Hondartza, or Playa de Laidatxu and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Old Town!
Luggage storage nearby Old Town with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Bilbao with multiple locations near Old Town.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Old Town area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Old Town area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Giroa, Zuia Plaza Kafe, and Jardines de Albia. You can also go for a hike around Bosque Pintado de Oma, Finca Munoa, and La Arboleda. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Makro, Gildatxo Taberna, and El Balcón de la Lola.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Old Town area?
✅Multiple locations near Old Town✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Old Town with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Old Town really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Old Town and Bilbao without your things!
About Old Town
Old Town (also known as Casco Viejo) is a district in Bilbao, Spain. Old Town is the historic center of the city. It's located just a short walk from the city center and is one of Bilbao's must-see areas. Old Town features eclectic shops, traditional cafes, and some of the city's biggest attractions.
Bilbao's Old Town dates back over 700 years to when it was the center of the city. At the time, many of the city's residents relied on fishing to make a living, which is why Old Town is positioned right next to Bilbao's estuary. Protective city walls originally surrounded Casco Viejo, but they were removed in order to expand the district. Old Town is sometimes referred to as The Seven Streets, as it consists of seven roads positioned perpendicular to the river.
Old Town is one of Bilbao's most fashionable districts thanks to its excellent shopping opportunities and an array of classic Spanish restaurants and bars. Old Town is the ideal place to store your luggage in Bilbao, before heading out to explore the city.
Things to do in Old Town
Old Town is a picturesque area, with narrow winding alleyways, beautiful plazas, and riverside walkways. You won't be short of activities in Old Town, thanks to the district's plethora of shops and attractions. Stash your belongings at a Bounce luggage storage spot and swing by some of these great locations in Old Town:
- Spend the day exploring Plaza Nueva. This stunning square is encircled by neoclassical architecture and traditional colonnades.
- Chow down on some classic Basque Country cuisine at one of the restaurants near Plaza Nueva. Popular options include Cafe Bilbao and Restaurante La Olla.
- Shop local at the Mercado de la Ribera. Positioned along the Bilbao Estuary, this market is the largest fresh produce market in Europe.
- Stay up to date with the latest fashion in Old Town's extensive shopping district. Here you'll find tons of unique boutiques, as well as name-brand stores.
- Learn about local history at Euskal Museo. This museum focuses on local ethnographic findings from around Bilbao, such as ancient pottery, weapons, and carvings.
Transit Options in Old Town
- Bilbao Metro Line from Casco Viejo Station
- Bus Service from Casco Viejo Station (E1, E3, E4, L3)
- Taxi Rank
Luggage Storage in Old Town
You won't want to drag your heavy luggage around Bilbao's cultural gems or through its narrow cobbled streets. Bounce offers several luggage storage services in Old Town, where you can drop off your bags before exploring the best of Bilbao. These facilities are quick and easy to book and afford the flexibility you need when rushing around town or relaxing on holiday.
Attractions and Activities near Old Town
- Guggenheim Museum - Bilbao is home to some wonderful museums, and the Guggenheim is the best of the bunch. The museum is a work of art by itself. Designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry, it boasts a contemporary design unlike anything else on the planet. Once you step inside the museum, you'll be treated to artwork by many of modern art's most famous names. The Guggenheim contains paintings and installations by the likes of Mark Rothko, Jeff Koons, and Anselm Keifer. You'll find this museum also hosts some amazing temporary exhibits, including one with works created by David Hockney. Large bags are prohibited inside the Guggenheim Museum, so check in to a Bounce luggage storage service in Casco Viejo.
- Etxebarria Park - Bilbao can get fairly crowded, so if you're looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, consider Etxebarria Park. Located within Old Town, this greenspace is one of the largest parks Bilbao has to offer. The park was formed at the site of an old steel factory and still features a large chimney at its center. The park is perfect for a family picnic or a stroll. The park is also high up on a hill and affords stunning panoramas of Bilbao's city center. If you're visiting the park during Aste Nagusia, one of Bilbao's major festivals, you'll be treated to a fireworks display and an array of stalls providing food and souvenirs.
- Museum of Fine Arts Bilbao - Another of Bilbao's best museums is The Museum of Fine Arts Bilbao. There are over 10,000 objects in its permanent collection with hundreds of works by European artists on display every day. Discover paintings by some of history's most famous European painters, including El Greco, Francisco de Goya, and Paul Gauguin. The museum hosts temporary exhibits by local and international artists, so you'll get to see something new each time you visit. You'll do plenty of walking while touring this museum, so consider dropping your bags off at an Old Town luggage storage service.
- Santiago Cathedral - Santiago Cathedral (often referred to as Bilbao Cathedral) is one of Bilbao's oldest buildings. Some parts of the cathedral are thought to predate the city, with parts dating back to the 13th century. Visitors are free to roam this beautiful Gothic Revival cathedral, admire the intricate stained glass windows, and pay their respects at chapels. One of the cathedral highlights is the Girola — an ornate, vibrant altar dedicated to Saint Joseph.