Once a tiny fishing village, the resort town of Brighton shimmers on the English Channel's shores. The region is just a 90-minute train ride south of London, but worlds away in atmosphere. Boutique shops and unique eateries line the charming streets, and beach vibes are strong.
Brighton's climate, terrain, and seaside location have attracted royalty for centuries. Over the years, the city's taken the shape of a true urban escape. Swanky hotels, spas, and ornate structures dot the cityscape, and many of the attractions in Brighton are geared around the city's popularity as a health and relaxation hub.
As a popular London day-trip destination, Brighton transit options are well-rounded and easy to access. The Brighton Station is the southern terminus of three of the country's rail lines. It offers service between top England cities like Portsmouth, Hove, and numerous spots in London. The city also welcomes travelers by air at Brighton Airport and provides convenient rail service to London's Gatwick Airport.
Fun Fact: Some of England's oldest cultural attractions are in Brighton. The city's Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world, dating back to the 1850s, and the Duke of York's cinema was the first to be built in the country.
Luggage Storage Services in Brighton
As you begin planning your trip to Brighton take some time to locate some of our convenient luggage storage facilities in Brighton. We have partnered with local businesses throughout Brighton to provide a luggage storage option by every major attraction. So whether you are stopping by the Royal Pavilion, strolling on the Brighton Pier, or admiring the Brighton Dome we have the best spots for you to drop off your heavy bags.
Our left luggage spots have convenient opening hours and we provide a flexible cancellation policy, so no need to worry if your plans change. Additionally, you can book luggage storage directly through our website or on our mobile app.
Things to do in Brighton
In a region fit for royalty, there's lots to love about Brighton. The city's beachy atmosphere sets the tone for relaxation, recreation, and a little bit of indulgence. Buses and taxis are popular ways to get around Brighton, though this pedestrian-friendly city is also easy to explore on foot or bike.
Eat some seafood, stroll through shops, or just relish by the water; whatever you do in Brighton, you'll enjoy it. Here are some of our favorite activities:
- Scope out some of Brighton's best attractions by joining a walking tour of the city. You'll stop by popular spots and learn a lot about Brighton's history along the way.
- Settle in for a relaxing treatment at one of the city's spas. Simmer in a sauna, freshen up with a facial, or opt for a deep-tissue massage.
- Embark on an afternoon boat cruise along the coast for unmatched views of the city shoreline.
- Carve out some time for a stroll through some of Brighton's best shops. Vintage goods and apparel can be found in The Lanes district, and locally-made items and fresh produce are ripe for the picking in the city's family-friendly Open Market.
- Tour Brighton's Fishing Museum to learn more about the city's angling past.
- Enjoy expansive views of the seaside while sampling seafood dishes or sipping some tea at The Salt Room.
- Take in a comedy show or cabaret at Komedia.
- Experience breathtaking views and tasty treats during a full-day bus tour of the countryside surrounding Brighton.
If you are headed to a museum don’t forget to review their bag policy before you go. Not all museums allow backpacks or large bags into their facilities, on top of that some museums do not have lockers onsite. Bounce’s luggage storage network is the perfect solution if you need a safe and convenient spot to store your items while you explore Brighton’s museums.
Transportation Options in Brighton
There are multiple local buses that stop in the center of Brighton. The Main Bus and Coach Station services buses that are heading into or out of Brighton. We have luggage storage locations close to the many transportation hubs, so check out the Bounce App to find convenient luggage storage options.
Brighton Train Station
The Brighton railway station is currently operated by the following train lines, Southern, Gatwick Express, and Thameslink. The train station is located a short walk from Brighton Beach. There are no luggage lockers at Brighton station, so you will need to use a hassle free luggage storage service like Bounce to store luggage.
Attractions and Activities near Brighton
Once you've seen the top Brighton sights, strolled the seafront, and shopped the boutiques, you can branch out beyond the seaside town to the winding rural roads and rolling hills of East Sussex county.
Wineries, quaint villages, and farm fields dominate the terrain. Some of England's best natural attractions are also within easy reach, providing endless opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Experience the region unbridled when you store your belongings with our top rated luggage storage service. Bounce luggage storage makes it easy to secure your extra gear between stops, so you can keep moving.
- Brighton Palace Pier: Stretching over 1,700 feet into the English Channel, this famous pier features amusement park attractions, classic carnival food, and an arcade. The pier is centrally located just off Brighton Beach, making it a convenient place to visit any time you're in the city. Whether you're in it for a day of roller coaster riding or a gastronomic tour of your favorite fair foods, the pier is a must-visit spot to soak up some of Brighton's laid back culture. If you win any large stuffed animals or don’t want to take your backpack on the rides, Bounce has a convenient location right at the base of the Pier.
- Booth Museum of Natural History: At this fantastic Brighton museum, you can explore the natural world through engaging, informative exhibits. The museum showcases Victorian-era naturalist Edward Thomas Booth's diverse collection. During a visit, you can learn about birds hailing from Britain and beyond, examine insect specimens, and view chalk fossils retrieved from the region's sea-battered cliffs. The museum's interactive Discovery Lab is perfect for kids, and the Victorian Study exhibit features period furnishings and decor.
- British Airways i360: For the best views of Brighton, visit the i360. The tower's glass-enclosed viewing pod slowly climbs to a lofty 450 feet, offering fantastic views of the ocean, Brighton Pier, and Brighton's urban sprawl. Toast the scenery with a sparkling beverage from the pod's bar, and snap some awesome pano pics. If you coordinate your visit with scheduled events, you can snag a spot in a Yoga in The Sky class or book a slot for the adrenaline-inducing iDrop Experience.
- Sea Life Centre: This sprawling aquarium features expansive exhibits filled with marine life. Visit this watery wonderland, and you can observe octopuses in action, sneak past blacktip reef sharks, and see the colorful species of the coral reef display. Walk through the whimsical Victorian Arcade to see starfish and rays, and then head to the steamy Rainforest Adventure, home to tropical terrors like poison dart frogs, anacondas, and piranhas. Enjoy a unique vantage point of the aquarium's critters on a glass-bottom boat ride, or align with creature feeding times to watch turtles, sharks, and rays having lunch.
- Seven Sisters Country Park: This scenic nature park is just 15 miles east of Brighton, easily accessible from the city by car or bus. Before you hit the road, leave your bags at a Brighton luggage storage location so you can explore the land with ease. This country park preserves the wilderness surrounding the stark Seven Sisters cliffs that tower along the Atlantic coast. Unique terrains to check out while you're here include the rare chalk grassland, the bird wading grounds of the saline lagoon, and the majestic maritime cliffs. Walking paths weave through the park, offering access to most areas. The park's Easy Access Trail is paved and can accommodate foot traffic, wheelchairs, and bicycles.
We hope that you make the most of your stay in Brighton and see all of these incredible sights. Just remember if your bags are ever holding you back, secure a storage space with Bounce.
As you explore more of Europe Bounce has convenient luggage storage in cities such as Cambridge, London, and Manchester. Check out our guides to learn more.