+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Grenoble
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Grenoble Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Grenoble?" Perhaps you just arrived in Grenoble and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Grenoble!
Luggage storage nearby most Grenoble hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Grenoble and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Grenoble start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Grenoble with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Grenoble without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Located in a valley where two rivers meet, Grenoble is a large city with a population of nearly 700,000 in the metropolitan area. Known as the capital of the Alps, it combines stunning mountain backcountry with all the amenities and attractions you expect to find in a city of its size.
Grenoble's origins, however, are more humble. The town began as a small village that first enters the historical record in 43 BC. The Romans built a wall around the town in 286 AD, and a few remnants of the structure can still be seen in the city today.
Following the collapse of the Roman Empire, Grenoble changed hands between various regional rulers. In the 11th century, it became the capital of the independent state of Dauphine. In 1349, the childless last Dauphin sold his land to France. Under French rule, Grenoble continued to grow, becoming an important regional capital. Close to the border of Savoy, which later became part of Italy, Grenoble played an important part in the various wars that took place in the area through the centuries. Notably, when Napoleon returned from exile in 1815, he recruited royalist troops and was acclaimed as Emperor for the second time.
During World War II, Grenoble was briefly occupied by Italy, and was an important center of the French resistance. In the postwar years, the city became a center for science and home to the Grenoble Center for Nuclear Studies. The city remains a center of science and innovation, and one in five of its citizens are employed in these fields.
Things to do in Grenoble
Grenoble's potential as a winter sports destination was made plain to the world during the 1968 Winter Olympics. But no matter what time of year you visit the city, you'll find plenty to do here. Blessed with gorgeous scenery and thriving urban life, Grenoble has plenty to offer visitors.
- Enjoy unrivaled views of the city from the iconic cable car. Although the system has been running since the 1930s, it was updated in the 70s, and the iconic enclosed glass bubbles date from this time. A four-minute ride whisks you to the top of the mountain where you can enjoy stunning views.
- Explore the military history of the region at the Bastille. This 19th century fortress sits on top of the mountain that shares its name and is easily reached by the cable car. It’s a breathtaking place to learn more about the city’s history.
- See Grenoble's ancient origins at the Archaeological Museum. Located in an old church, the floor of this museum has been removed to reveal the ruins of a Roman-era church below.
- Admire the heroism of the people of Grenoble at the Museum of the Resistance. This sobering museum explains the history of the brave men and women who fought against the Nazis during the Second World War and made Grenoble a very difficult place to occupy.
- Hit the slopes at one of Grenoble’s famous ski resorts. The city is surrounded by great places for winter sports, including 7 Laux and Autrans. You can go skiing, snowboarding, sledding, skating, and even dogsledding during the winter season.
Transit options in Grenoble
- The closest major airports to Grenoble are Lyon in France and Geneva in Switzerland. The high-speed TGV train connects Lyon to Grenoble in around one hour. The train from Geneva takes three to four hours. There is also a direct bus from Geneva to Grenoble that takes around two hours.
- The popularity of Grenoble with winter sports enthusiasts makes the city easy to reach from other parts of France. The presence of a high-speed TGV line means you can reach Grenoble from Paris in just three hours.
- Grenoble is served by five modern tramlines that make getting around the city easy. Tramlines A and B stop outside the train station, and so does bus line C1.
Luggage storage in Grenoble
Despite his mountain setting, Grenoble or itself is a very flat city. This makes it perfect for exploring on foot or on bike. And with a relatively compact city center, exploring at your own pace is often the best way to see everything Grenoble has to offer.
Make things easier yourself by dropping your heavy bags off at a luggage storage service in Grenoble. Bounce can help you find a place to safely store your unneeded things while you explore. No matter how many bags you have or how big they are, you can relax knowing they are safe with Bounce.
Activities and attractions near Grenoble
- Lac Achar: Grenoble is at its most popular in the winter, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to enjoy in the summer. For hikers, bikers, and campers, the surrounding mountains are at their most appealing in the warmer months. Check out a gorgeous alpine lake at Lac Achard, a short distance outside Grenoble. This stunning lake is surrounded by hiking trails that wind through the surrounding forest and offer the perfect place to get in touch with nature. For those with less mobility, there's also a ski lift that will carry you right to the lake. Drop off any heavy bags at a luggage storage location in Grenoble to make your trip easier.
- Saint-Hilaire: Explore the charming Alpine village of Saint-Hilaire by way of a 1920s-era funicular railway. The village was once popular with tuberculosis patients who came in the hopes of a cure from the fresh mountain air. Now, the village makes a wonderful place to explore and admire the stunning natural surroundings. Don't forget to leave any heavy bags at a Grenoble uggage storage shop in Grenoble before you visit.
- Food tour: This unique mountain region has its own cuisine that's well worth celebrating. Famous for its cheese, it's also known for pasta and walnuts. You can explore this culinary tradition with a Grenoble food tour that will let you sample many of the local delicacies and get a deeper understanding of the history and traditions that have shaped the cuisine of the Alps.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Grenoble?
The price for luggage storage in Grenoble is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Is it safe to store your bags in Grenoble?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Grenoble.
Are there storage lockers in Grenoble?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Grenoble. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Grenoble where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.