Helsinki Airport (HEL)
Instantly reserve the best locations near Helsinki Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Helsinki Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 22, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Helsinki Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Helsinki and need a place to store your bags near Helsinki Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Kultajousi Espoo Kauppakeskus Iso Omena, Kauppakeskus Willa, or Kauppakeskus Grani and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Market Square (Kauppatori), Tapionaukio, or Silkkiniitty .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Helsinki Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Helsinki Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Helsinki with multiple locations near Helsinki Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Helsinki Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Helsinki Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Deli Kahvibaari, Minuuttibaari, and McDonald's. You can also go for a hike around Sipoonkorpi National Park (Sipoonkorven kansallispuisto), Laajalahden luontopolku, and Nuuksio National Park (Nuuksion kansallispuisto). And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Oak Barrel Irish Pub, Runway Bar, and Maltainen Metso.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Helsinki Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Helsinki Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Helsinki Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Helsinki Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Helsinki Airport and Helsinki without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Helsinki!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Helsinki!View City
About Helsinki Airport
Helsinki Airport, officially known at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, is one of Finland's major transport hubs. The airport is the largest of its kind in the country in terms of size and number of passengers. Helsinki Airport serves over 20 million passengers a year, 90% of Finland's total airplane traffic. From Helsinki Airport, you can fly to destinations worldwide, including Shanghai, Dubai, and San Francisco. The airport is located 12 miles north of Helsinki's city center.
Helsinki Airport first opened in 1952 to help deal with increased air traffic caused by the 1952 Olympics. While the airport was operating flights, the first passenger terminal wasn't built until the late 1960s. The Helsinki Airport expanded several times to become the 4th largest airport in the Nordic countries.
If you're traveling from abroad to Finland, you'll almost certainly be passing through Helsinki Airport. While waiting on your flight, ensure you take advantage of the dozens of high-quality restaurants and stores dotted around the terminals.
Things do in and around Helsinki Airport
Whether you're killing time between flights or want to get a quick bite to eat before dashing to your gate, you'll find plenty to do at Helsinki Airport. Located just a few miles from the city, you'll find some great excursions, just a short drive from the airport. Here are a few of the best things to do in and around Helsinki Airport:
- Dine at one of the many restaurants located throughout the airport. You'll have plenty to choose from as the airport contains ramen restaurants, fast food burger joints, classy bistros, and so much more.
- Browse the airport's dozens of shops. Helsinki Airport is home to an eclectic array of shops, from a Moomin souvenir store to designer fashion boutiques.
- Work up a sweat at the airport sauna. Saunas are an integral part of Finnish culture, and you can enjoy this cultural phenomenon at the airport.
- Marvel at the incredible Temppeliaukion Church. One of the most unusual churches in the Nordic region, Temppeliaukion Church is carved into solid rock.
- Test your artistic temperament at the Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma. There are over 8,000 works of art in this ever-expanding museum's collection, with plenty of Finnish artwork on show, with pieces by sculptor Martti Aiha and painter Albert Edelfelt.
Transit options at Helsinki Airport
- Local bus service (HSL)
- Local train service (Lines I and P)
- Taxi ranks (Lähitaksi, Vantaan Taksi - Helsinki Airport Taxi, Taksi Helsinki)
Luggage storage at Helsinki Airport
Helsinki is the biggest city in Finland, with dozens of family-friendly excursions, cultural activities, and plenty of restaurants serving up delicious local cuisine. While exploring the capital, you won't want to lug your bags across the city, so find a luggage storage service in Helsinki. Bounce has several facilities conveniently located at stores, hotels, and dry cleaners around Helsinki. Just download the Bounce app, and within minutes you can book somewhere to lighten your load before touring this fascinating Nordic city.
Attractions and activities near Helsinki Airport
- Suomenlinna:There are dozens of small islands scattered along Helsinki's coastline, and one of the most interesting is Suomenlinna. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Suomenlinna is a sea fortress constructed by Swedish forces during the late 18th century. Today, Suomenlinna is a popular spot for locals and holidaymakers to enjoy a picnic. As well as being a scenic spot, there are several museums, cafes, restaurants, and numerous historic sights on the island.
The Suomenlinna Museum is dedicated to preserving and restoring the fortress to its previous splendor, while the Ehrensvärd Museum focuses on the life of Augustin Ehrensvärd, who was the fortress' founder. One of the island's highlights is the submarine Vesikko, which was used during World War II. After exploring the island, stop for a coffee at Cafe Silo, or enjoy a sit-down meal at the historic Aderfelt. You won't want to carry your luggage around the island's many museums, so head to a Helsinki luggage storage service before hopping on the ferry.
- Helsinki Cathedral: Situated on the northside of Senate Square is the Helsinki Cathedral. The cathedral was originally known as St Nicholas' Church and was built in the early 19th century to honor the Grand Duke of Finland. The church was made into a cathedral when the Finnish won independence in 1917. Helsinki Cathedral features an unusual neoclassical architectural design and a plain domed roof. On the roof of the cathedral are intricate marble statues of the Twelve Apostles. Visitors are welcome to wander around the cathedral's interior and take in its beautiful design and religious iconography.
- Linnanmaki: If you're on vacation with family, plan a trip to Linnanmaki. First opened in 1950, Linnanmaki is an amusement park home to over 40 rides with something for everyone. Thrill-seekers are sure to have a great time at Linnanmaki thanks to the many roller coasters like 1950s wooden Vuoristorata to the modern 60mph Kirnu. There are also tons of classic fairground games and 4D cinema shows to keep you entertained in between the rides. If you get peckish, you'll find dozens of eateries where you can grab everything from a hot dog to a fresh salad. You won't want to have any bags with you while riding some of Linnanmaki's exciting roller coasters, so swing by a Helsinki luggage storage service before visiting.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Helsinki Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Helsinki Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Helsinki Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Helsinki Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Helsinki Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near VR Helsinki Central Railway Station (VR Helsingin päärautatieasema), Terminal 2, and VR-Rautatieasema Pasila and all over Helsinki.
Is it safe to store your bags near Helsinki Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Helsinki Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Helsinki Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Helsinki Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Helsinki Airport and in the broader Helsinki area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Helsinki Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Helsinki Airport are Helsinki Airport (HEL) (Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasema), Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress, and Hilton Helsinki Airport. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Helsinki Airport are Forenom Koto, Forenom Aviapolis, and 20Rooms Oy.
Where are the best restaurants near Helsinki Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Helsinki Airport are Ikea, Kauppakeskus Tikkuri, and Pier Zero.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Helsinki Airport?
Check out the nearby Tapulikaupungin Koirapuisto, Vaskivuori, and Nyyttipuisto.