Luggage Storage Helsinki Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Helsinki Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Helsinki Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 24, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Helsinki Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Helsinki and need a place to store your bags near Helsinki Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Kultajousi Espoo Kauppakeskus Iso Omena, Kauppakeskus Grani, or Toimisto- ja liikekeskus Dixi and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Market Square (Kauppatori), Tapionaukio, or Oravannahkatori .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Helsinki Station!
Luggage storage nearby Helsinki Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Helsinki with multiple locations near Helsinki Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Helsinki Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Helsinki Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Deli Kahvibaari, Kauppakeskus Tikkuri, and Espresso House. You can also go for a hike around Sipoonkorpi National Park (Sipoonkorven kansallispuisto), Laajalahden luontopolku, and Pirttimäen luonnonsuojelualue. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out William K. Sello, Kitty's Public House, and Minuuttibaari.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Helsinki Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Helsinki Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Helsinki Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Helsinki Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Helsinki Station and Helsinki without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Helsinki!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Helsinki!View City
About Helsinki Station
Helsinki station functions as a transit hub for the entire city. Connected to all of the Finnish capital's public transportation infrastructure, the station is practically unavoidable for those looking to get around Helsinki. Lucky, then, that it's so easy on the eye. In 2013, the BBC declared it one of the world's most beautiful railway stations.
The very first railway station in Helsinki opened back in 1862. However, as rail travel grew in popularity, the station soon proved too small to keep up with demand. A new station was commissioned, and architect Eliel Saarinen won the contest to design it. The new, and current, Helsinki station opened in 1919. However, Saarinen’s full vision for the station wasn’t realized until 2000, with the addition of a glass roof that had been in his original plans but was never added during his lifetime.
One of the quirks of the station is its presidential lounge. Originally intended for the private use of the Tsar of Russia, it is now reserved for the president of Finland.
Through the years, the station has continued to grow. In the 1960s, an underground shopping complex was added. The Metro station came in 1982. Now, the station is the busiest in the country and is where many visitors get their first sight of Helsinki.
Things to do near Helsinki Station
Thanks to its central location, you'll find plenty to do in the vicinity of Helsinki station. In fact, the moment you step out of the door, you'll be immersed in the vibrant life of the capital.
- Explore Finnish music at the Helsinki music center. Located right next the train station, this hall is home to the Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra and the Sibelius Academy. Open in 2011, this state-of-the-art hall is the perfect place to enjoy a concert.
- Take a vintage tram ride to Market Square. These 100-year-old trams are fully preserved and offer a unique way to travel through the city to one of its busiest districts.
- Shop for unique gifts at the Old Market Hall. Built in 1889 as a home for the city's Central Market, this is a great place to sample the local produce and immerse yourself in Finland's cuisine.
- See the long-lasting Russian influence on Finland at Uspenski Cathedral. The largest Orthodox church in Western Europe, the classic Russian-style architecture of this striking building is well worth seeing for yourself.
- Learn more about the history of the country at the National Museum of Finland. Home to a stunning collection of ancient treasure, this institution explains the long history of settlement both in Helsinki and in the country as a whole.
Transit options at Helsinki Station
- A commuter rail service links the station to Helsinki airport. Lines I and P leave approximately every 10 minutes. Bus line 615 also connects the station to the airport.
- As the main station for the country, Helsinki station has rail links to every town in Finland and across the region. You can reach Helsinki station by train from St. Petersburg, Moscow, Stockholm, Oslo, and other European cities.
- Helsinki’s central bus station is a short walk from the train station. Also, the connected Metro station and tramlines make it easy to access all of Helsinki’s public transit networks.
Luggage storage at Helsinki Station
Because Helsinki Station is so central, you'll want to start exploring almost from the moment you arrive. Just stepping out of the doors of the station puts you right in the center of the city with all the attractions it has to offer. Make it easier to get around by dropping off your heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage location. No matter how many bags you have or how heavy they are, Bounce can help you find a place to store them so you can travel more easily.
Activities and attractions near Helsinki Station
- Wooden houses: Take a stroll through Helsinki’s most bohemian districts and admire the city planning of a bygone era. Back in the early 20th century, the growing city built entire neighborhoods filled with wooden buildings for working-class residents. Now, the striking houses are popular with Helsinki's creative types. Check out the Puu Vallila area to see some great examples of the iconic architecture and enjoy trendy cafes, restaurants, and art galleries. Make sure to leave your heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage shop near Helsinki station before you go.
- Suomenlinna: Explore a unique fortress at Suomenlinna. Built by Swedish troops in the 19th century, this well-preserved settlement spreads across seven islands and can be reached by a short ferry ride from Helsinki. The fortress appears as though it was just abandoned yesterday, and the natural surroundings only add to the appeal of this unique monument. Drop off your heavy bags at a luggage storage service in Helsinki so you can hop from island to island and enjoy both history and scenery at this striking attraction.
- Linnanmaki: Enjoy an amusement park with an old-school twist at Linnanmaki. This iconic amusement park has been in operation for nearly 70 years. Home to some of the country's biggest and best roller coasters, the park combines modern attractions with the best amusements the 1950s had to offer. Plus, the park donates all profits to a children's charity, so you can feel good about spending your money on rides and games at this classic Helsinki attraction. Large bags are not permitted inside the park, so make sure you drop them off at a Helsinki luggage storage shop before you go.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Helsinki Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Helsinki Station?
The price for luggage storage near Helsinki Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Helsinki Station?
There are multiple locations in the Helsinki Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 2, Metro Matinkylä, and Terminal 1 and all over Helsinki.
Is it safe to store your bags near Helsinki Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Helsinki Station.
Are there storage lockers near Helsinki Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Helsinki Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Helsinki Station and in the broader Helsinki area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Helsinki Station?
Popular metro stations like Metro Rautatientori, Sixt Helsinki, Herttoniemi Metro, or Metro Ruoholahti can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Helsinki near Helsinki Station, you may be close to some bus stations: HSL Lähiliikenneterminaali, Tapiolan Bussiterminaali, or Linja-autoasema / Kaukoliikenteen terminaali. If traveling by train, VR Helsinki Central Railway Station (VR Helsingin päärautatieasema), VR-Rautatieasema Pasila, and VR Rautatieasema Leppävaara are nearest to Helsinki Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Helsinki Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Helsinki Station are Scandic Simonkenttä, Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna, and Original Sokos Hotel Tripla. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Helsinki Station are Eurohostel, CheapSleep Helsinki, and Forenom.
Where are the best restaurants near Helsinki Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Helsinki Station are Fafa's A Bloc, McDonald's, and Mashiro Postitalo.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Helsinki Station?
Check out the nearby Silkkiniitty, Esplanadin Puisto (Esplanadin puisto), and Leppäviidanpuisto.