Rated 4.9/5 (154,268 ratings)
Luggage Storage Lucerne
Instantly reserve the best locations in Lucerne to store your luggage for just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Lucerne Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 5, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Lucerne?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lucerne and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Mythen Center Schwyz, Einkaufscenter Surseepark, or Einkaufszentrum Zugerland and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Pilatus, Mount Rigi (Rigi Kulm), or TITLIS Cliff Walk and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Lucerne!
Luggage storage nearby most Lucerne hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lucerne and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Lucerne start at just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Lucerne now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Park Seleger Moor, Natur- und Tierpark, and Heini Conditorei. You can also go for a hike around Stoos, Bergrestaurant Schwand, and Gerschnialp. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out ALPINEUM Kaffeehaus Bar, Restaurant Zunfthaus zu Pfistern, and Konzerthaus Schüür.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Lucerne with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Lucerne without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Located on the shores of a pristine lake, Lucerne is a beguiling city that is the largest in the area. Lucerne's metro region is home to 220,000 residents, meaning you'll get all the amenities that you need without sacrificing small-town charm. It's no wonder Lucerne gets millions of tourist visits every year. In fact, if you're counting day trips, Lucerne gets more visitors than Venice, one of the world's top tourist destinations.
Lucerne got its start around the year 750 when a Benedictine Monastery was built in the area. In 1178, the city itself was founded. Located along an important trade route, the city grew steadily, and in 1290, fell under the control of King Rudolph I. Seeking independence, Lucerne formed an alliance with nearby cantons and created the Swiss Confederacy in 1332. The city remained independent until 1798, when the French briefly occupied it.
After the Industrial Revolution, Lucerne began to grow more rapidly. In the 19th century, it also began to be known as a tourist destination. Composer Richard Wagner and Queen Victoria both visited in the 1860s, and Mark Twain further popularized the city by writing about it in the late 19th century. Its popularity with rich visitors made this one of the world's first cities to embrace modern tourism. And because Switzerland stayed out of the wars that ravaged Europe in the 20th century, the medieval features of the city are remarkably well preserved to this day.
Things to do near Lucerne
With access to a gorgeous lake and pristine mountain wilderness along with the charms of the city itself, Lucerne offers plenty to keep you busy. Whether you're looking to explore history, nature, or modern Swiss culture, you'll find it here by the bucket load.
- Explore Lucerne's historic and well-preserved Old Town. On the banks of the Reuss River, the Old Town is closed to vehicle traffic and is the perfect place to wander among medieval buildings and tempting restaurants.
- Head out on the dazzling turquoise waters of Lake Lucerne. You can tour the lake on a paddle steamer or visit under your own steam by renting a rowboat or kayak. Surrounded by impressive mountains, this stunning lake is an unforgettable sight.
- See the world’s oldest surviving truss bridge at Chapel Bridge. This iconic wooden bridge dates back to the 14th century. It's one of Lucerne's best-known sites and is a famous symbol of the city.
- Lose yourself in a unique attraction at the Glacier Garden. This prehistoric site consists of potholes formed during the last Ice Age. There are also fossils of crustaceans and plants from when the area was a tropical sea 20 million years ago. Additionally, you'll find a relief model of Switzerland, a mirror maze dating back to 1896, and an observation tower.
- See some of the world's best artists at the Rosengart Collection. Gathered by a famous Swiss art dealer, the collection contains pieces by Picasso, Chagall, Manet, and others.
Transit options at Lucerne
- Switzerland's famously efficient train system makes Lucerne easy to reach. Centrally located, you can get to Lucerne by regular train service from every major city in Switzerland and beyond.
- Zurich airport is the nearest to Lucerne and can be reached by train in around 60 minutes. You'll need to take a train from the airport to Zürich Central Station, then change for a train to Lucerne.
- Many of the city's bus routes stop outside the train station, making it easy to connect to Lucerne's transit network and get anywhere in the city that you need to.
Luggage storage at Lucerne
With a relatively compact center that is closed to vehicle traffic, Lucerne is the perfect place to explore on foot. That's how most people get around, and it's ideal for seeing the medieval charm of the town. The only thing that can really spoil your walk is carrying too much luggage. That's why Bounce makes it easy to find luggage storage in Lucerne. Drop off any size of bags for long as you like and they will be safely looked after until you return.
Activities and attractions near Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus: Explore the alpine scenery at Mount Pilatus. This colossal mountain rises above the city and dominates the countryside around Lucerne. Reachable on the world's steepest cogwheel railway, you can also get to the peak by use of a gondola, making it easy to take in the stunning views over Lucerne. The mountain top also has plenty of hiking trails ranging from easy to very challenging, so mountain lovers will be in their element at this attraction. Make sure you leave any heavy bags behind at the luggage storage shop in Lucerne before you make the climb.
- Richard Wagner Museum: Lovers of music shouldn't miss the Richard Wagner Museum. The famed German composer moved to Lucerne in 1865 and lived there for six years, at which time he composed some of his most famous works. The house he lived in is now a museum to the man and his life, and the highlight is the piano on which he composed parts of his famous Gotterdammerung.
- Entlebuch Biosphere: Explore Switzerland’s natural surroundings at the Entlebuch Biosphere. This natural reserve protects the valley of the Little Emme River and has been recognized by UNESCO as an important natural area. Hike the mountain trails, visit quaint little villages, and explore the many waterways of this Alpine paradise, and you’ll never want to leave. To make things easier on yourself, don’t forget to drop off your luggage at a luggage storage locker in Lucerne before you go.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Lucerne?
The price for luggage storage in Lucerne is just CHF 6.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Lucerne?
There are multiple locations all around Lucerne which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Pilatus, Mount Rigi (Rigi Kulm), TITLIS Cliff Walk and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Lucerne?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Lucerne.
Are there storage lockers in Lucerne?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Lucerne. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Lucerne where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Lucerne?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Peperoncini, Alpwirtschaft Unterlauelen, and Burger King, Lucern. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Lucerne are Seehotel Kastanienbaum, Hotel Alpenblick, Weggis, and Rössli.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Lucerne?
Lucerne offers several scenic parks including Bleicher-Gärtli, Inseliquai, and Spielplatz Tivoli.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Lucerne?
You can find local tourist information at Pilatus Shop Luzern, City Train, and Candan Reisen + Uebersetzungen.