How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Madrid
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Atocha?
The price for luggage storage near Atocha starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Atocha?
There are multiple locations in the Atocha area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD) (Aeropuerto Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas), Cercanías Parla, and Cercanías Alcalá de Henares and all over Madrid.
Is it safe to store your bags near Atocha?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Atocha.
Are there storage lockers near Atocha?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Atocha area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Atocha and in the broader Madrid area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Atocha?
Popular metro stations like Metro, Metro Príncipe Pío, or Metro Tribunal can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Madrid near Atocha, you may be close to some bus stations: South Bus Station of Madrid (Estación Sur de Autobuses de Madrid), Intercambiador de Moncloa, or Intercambiador de Plaza Elíptica. If traveling by train, Madrid-Puerta de Atocha Railway Station (Estación de Madrid-Puerta de Atocha), Madrid-Chamartín Railway Station (Estación de Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor), and Estación de Cercanías de Madrid-Atocha are nearest to Atocha.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Atocha?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Atocha are Hotel Riu Plaza de España, Four Seasons Hotel Madrid, and Hotel NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Atocha are Generator Madrid, The Hat Madrid, and Bastardo Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Atocha?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Atocha are McDonald's, La Mallorquina, and Chocolatería San Ginés.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Atocha?
Check out the nearby Parque del Retiro, Parque de la Arganzuela, and Madrid Río.
Store your luggage around Atocha
Luggage storage nearby most Atocha hotspotsPosted
Atocha Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Atocha?” Perhaps you just arrived in Madrid and need a place to store your bags near Atocha before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at BurgoCentro, C.C. Alcalá Magna, or Mad-Dreams Palacio de Hielo and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Atocha area at Polideportivo Cerro del Telégrafo, Parque Mirador, or Plaza Mayor and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Atocha!
Luggage storage nearby Atocha with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Madrid with multiple locations near Atocha.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Atocha area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Atocha area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Bar Cafetería César, Starbucks, and Lavazza Espression. You can also go for a hike around Pinar de la Elipa, Paseo Fluvial del Rio Manzanares, and Camino del Malecon. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out 360° Rooftop Bar, El Rastro de Madrid (Rastro de Madrid), and Terraza de San Antón.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Atocha area?
✅Multiple locations near Atocha✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Atocha with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Atocha really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Atocha and Madrid without your things!
About Madrid Atocha
Atocha Station is one of Spain’s largest rail hubs, servicing high-speed, regional, and commuter trains and Madrid’s light rail system. The station is less than two miles from Madrid’s city center, in the neighborhood of Atocha.
Some of Madrid’s top attractions are within walking distance of the station, and metros, buses, and taxis move through, too, offering quick and convenient access to destinations farther away.
A lot of trains pass through the station, and visitors can get a little lost in the shuffle if they don’t know where they’re headed. To simplify complex connections and make traversing busy concourses a bit easier, Atocha Station offers excellent on-line guides geared around train travel in Madrid.
Numerous amenities and services are offered at the well-traveled Atocha Station. A variety of eateries are on-site, with fast food, baked goods, and pizza available. Travelers with a little extra time can settle in at the station’s sit-down restaurant, and commuters just passing through can grab a pick-me-up at one of the on-site cafes.
The station’s amenities don’t end at dining options. Unique shops dot the station and offer goods ranging from children’s toys and candy to high-end bags and jewelry. You don’t have to leave the station to pick up essentials either; there are an electronics accessory store and a pharmacy here too.
Things to do near Atocha Station
Upon arrival at Atocha Station, you’ll have lots of amenities on hand. Grab a snack, sip a drink, and stroll past the shops on the way to your next destination; beyond the station walls, Madrid awaits.
Fill a day with museum tours and historical stops, or compile a lowkey itinerary of shopping, Spanish-style dining, and outdoor recreation. Here for more than a day? Book a room at one of the hotels near Atocha Station, and you’ll have convenient access to transportation throughout the region.
- Savor a sweet Spanish breakfast at Bianchi Kiosko Cafe.
- Take a mid-morning stroll through the Real Jardin Botanico de Madrid gardens.
- Snap a picture of the clock at Puerta del Sol.
- Add a few designer apparel items to your vacation wardrobe with a stop by the shops at Las Rozas Village.
- Sample some of Madrid’s best cuisines at the Mercado San Miguel market.
- Peruse the extensive collection of ancient artifacts on display at the National Archaeological Museum of Spain. Highlights include Greek pottery and Iberian sculptures dating back to the 5th century BC.
- Learn about Madrid’s history at the Museo de Historia. View photographs, paintings, and other items from various eras and see exhibitions focused on specific events in the city’s past.
- Dine on traditional tapas at La Musa de Espronceda.
- Experience an awe-inspiring sunset at the Temple of Debod, an Egyptian temple transported and reassembled in Madrid.
Transit Options near Atocha Station
- Rail, high-speed
- Rail, commuter (Cercanaís)
- Air (Madrid-Barajas Airport)
Luggage Storage near Madrid Atocha
As the capital city of Spain and its cultural hub, Madrid is packed with historical sites, museums, and excellent eateries. Ancient architecture meets modern commerce in Madrid, and whether you’re here for business or pleasure, you’ll have a lot of ground to cover.
While you’re traipsing between streetside cafes and high-end boutiques, do it without the extra baggage. Find Bounce luggage storage in Madrid, and lighten your load by securely storing your gear until you’re ready for it.
Attractions and Activities near Atocha Station
- Museo del Prado: Spain’s top art museum, the Museo del Prado features Spanish works dating back to the 12th century. The collection is housed in a stunning 1785 structure designed by famed architect Juan de Villanueva. Planning a visit to the museum is easy; tickets and times can be booked ahead, and tour maps can be viewed online. Extra prep may come in handy, as this place has a lot to see. The museum displays over 20,000 pieces, with works by Francisco Goya, El Greco, and Titian (among many others).
- Retiro Park: This massive city park might be the leafiest spot in Madrid. The park spans over 300 acres near the center of the city and boasts water features, manicured gardens, historic buildings, and thousands of trees. Take advantage of Madrid luggage storage before you head to the park; it’s best to enjoy this outdoor destination bag-less. Visitors can roam the winding walkways, watch street performers near the lake, and stroll through the Paseo de las Estatuas path, where statues of royalty are on display. The park’s Crystal Palace is a must-see spot. The building is constructed primarily of glass, with soaring ceilings and expansive open space. You won’t need to pack all the sights into one visit, though. Thanks to the park’s central location, it’s easy to drop in between other itinerary stops.
- Plaza de Santa Ana: One of Madrid’s top attractions, this plaza features historical buildings, monuments, and a variety of bars and eateries. It’s an excellent site to experience Spanish culture and learn a little bit about city history. For an all-encompassing experience, arrive at the plaza in the late afternoon to check out its best sights, then laze over tapas at one of the on-site bars as the plaza transforms into a bustling nightlife hub.
- Royal Palace of Madrid: This stately mansion has housed royalty for generations. Though it’s still considered the official residence of Spain’s royal family, the palace is now primarily used for ceremonies and is open for tours. There are over 3,000 rooms within the mansion’s walls, including The Royal Kitchen, the elaborate Gasparini Room, and the Royal Chapel. Tickets can be reserved online, and tours typically take 30-45 minutes to complete.