How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Manchester Piccadilly Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Manchester Piccadilly?" Perhaps you just arrived in Manchester and need a place to store your bags near Manchester Piccadilly before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Golden Square Shopping Centre, The Loom, or Barons Quay Management Office and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Lyme Park, Tatton Park, or Yarrow Valley Country Park .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Manchester Piccadilly!
Luggage storage nearby Manchester Piccadilly with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Manchester with multiple locations near Manchester Piccadilly.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Manchester Piccadilly area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Manchester Piccadilly area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Costa Coffee, Pastimes of Goostrey, and Starbucks. You can also go for a hike around Kirklees Trail, Pilgrim's Cross, and Aquaduct, Longroyd Bridge. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out The Printworks, 360 Threesixty, and The Chairman's Club.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Manchester Piccadilly area?
✅Multiple locations near Manchester Piccadilly✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Manchester Piccadilly with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Manchester Piccadilly really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester without your things!
About Manchester Piccadilly
In many ways, Manchester was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution. It was here that cotton from the New World was made into cloth in Lancashire mills, and here that steam power was first harnessed to run machinery. So it's no surprise that some of the oldest train stations in the world are in Manchester. While Manchester's Liverpool Road is the oldest surviving train station in the world, Piccadilly is only 12 years younger. Built in 1842, the station was known as Manchester London Road until 1960 when its name was changed to Piccadilly.
Manchester Piccadilly has a central location in Manchester city center. This makes it the ideal gateway to explore more of what the city has to offer. From the moment you arrive at Piccadilly, you are only steps away from some of the major attractions of this vibrant city. Plus, thanks to excellent public transport links, it's very easy to reach just about any point in Manchester from the central train station.
Things to do near Manchester Piccadilly
Because of its central location, Manchester Piccadilly is close to much of what brings people to Manchester in the first place. A short walk or quick tram ride will bring you from the station to any of the city's main attractions. Plus, the station is ideally placed to take advantage of Manchester's thriving bar and restaurant scene.
- Explore a meeting of cultures in Manchester's Chinatown. Just steps from Piccadilly Station, an ornate Chinese arch welcomes you to this vibrant neighborhood. Home to a wealth of Chinese restaurants and unique stores, it's a great place to wander and soak up the history of immigration to the UK's industrial heartland.
- Pay your respects to the Great Emancipator at Manchester's Abraham Lincoln statue. Gifted to the UK by the son of William Howard Taft, the statue was originally supposed to stand in London but ended up in Manchester when the president's son objected. Manchester also has statues of the Duke of Wellington and mathematician Alan Turing, so there are plenty of quirky photo opportunities in the area.
- Celebrate contemporary British culture at The Lowry. Opened in 2000, this theater and gallery complex has quickly become one of the UK's most important cultural centers. Named after local artist L. S. Lowry, the center hosts a major exhibition of his works along with those of other painters. It also hosts a variety of theater performances, including the biannual Week 53 Arts Festival.
- See how Manchester changed the world at the Science and Industry Museum. The Industrial Revolution created the modern world in many ways, and it began in and around Manchester. The Science and Industry Museum tells this fascinating story through interactive exhibits and objects from this period of history.
- Challenge both body and mind at the Crystal Maze Live Experience. Based on a popular British TV show, this attraction utilizes a series of escape rooms and other challenges that will test your teamwork. It's a great place to spend an afternoon with the family.
Transit options near Manchester Piccadilly
- Trains run from Manchester Piccadilly to cities throughout the UK. There is also a train that runs every 20 minutes to Manchester Airport seven days a week.
- Manchester Piccadilly is the terminus for the city's Metrolink streetcar system which carries passengers throughout the Manchester area.
- Many city buses stop outside Piccadilly train station, including routes 101, 192, 201, 219, and others.
Luggage storage near Manchester Piccadilly
Many of the millions of visitors Manchester receives each year come through Manchester Piccadilly train station. Whether arriving from the airport or from other UK cities, Piccadilly is often the first place people find themselves. Luckily, it’s also close to much of what makes Manchester worth visiting in the first place.
The train station's central location makes it ideal for further exploration of the city. You can make it easy on yourself by dropping off any heavy bags at the luggage storage service near Manchester Piccadilly. Bounce partners with local businesses to ensure you always have a convenient place to store your luggage in Manchester.
Activities and attractions near Manchester Piccadilly
- National Football Museum: Soccer fans shouldn't miss the National Football Museum in Manchester. In the UK, soccer is more usually known as football, and this museum is dedicated to the nation's favorite pastime. Calling itself the world's biggest football museum, this establishment uses interactive exhibits to tell the story of the most popular sport on the planet. Note that large bags are not allowed inside the museum, so make sure you drop yours at a Manchester luggage storage shop before you visit.
- Manchester Cathedral: If you’re looking for an oasis of calm in the heart of the city, Manchester Cathedral offers a stunning place for some quiet time. Dating back to the 12th century, this magnificent church is an atmospheric place to wander among statues and stained glass and reflect on an earlier age.
- O2 Apollo: This concert venue has hosted just about every major act in modern British music. Both local and international touring acts make a point of playing this venue when they pass through Manchester, and if you time your visit right, you could see some remarkable performances. Note that heavy bags aren't allowed inside the venue, so make sure to store them at a luggage storage location near Manchester Piccadilly before heading to the show.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Manchester Piccadilly
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Manchester Piccadilly?
The price for luggage storage near Manchester Piccadilly is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Manchester Piccadilly?
There are multiple locations in the Manchester Piccadilly area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Manchester Airport (MAN), Castleton Railway Station, and Newhey Metrolink Station and all over Manchester.
Is it safe to store your bags near Manchester Piccadilly?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Manchester Piccadilly.
Are there storage lockers near Manchester Piccadilly?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Manchester Piccadilly area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Manchester Piccadilly and in the broader Manchester area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Manchester Piccadilly?
Popular metro stations like Exchange Square Metrolink Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Manchester near Manchester Piccadilly, you may be close to some bus stations: Shudehill Interchange, Ashton Bus Station, or National Express Coach Station. If traveling by train, Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station, Manchester Victoria Railway Station (MCV), and Manchester Oxford Road railway station are nearest to Manchester Piccadilly.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Manchester Piccadilly?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Manchester Piccadilly are Novotel, CitySuites Aparthotel, and Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Manchester Piccadilly are YHA Manchester, Selina NQ1 Manchester, and Ashton House.
Where are the best restaurants near Manchester Piccadilly?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Manchester Piccadilly are Michaels Coffee House, San Carlo Gran Cafe, and YO! Sushi.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Manchester Piccadilly?
Check out the nearby Alexandra Park, Cringle Park, and Platt Fields Park.