Rated 4.9/5 (153,612 ratings)
Luggage Storage Strasbourg
Instantly reserve the best locations in Strasbourg to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Strasbourg Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Strasbourg?" Perhaps you just arrived in Strasbourg and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Arena, Rée Carré, or H&M and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Hafen Kehl, Centre Ville de Bischwiller, or Wasselone and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Strasbourg!
Luggage storage nearby most Strasbourg hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Strasbourg and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Strasbourg start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Strasbourg now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Fort Kleber, Fantasy, and Sebastiano Lasiu Eiscafe Costa Smeralda Hirschgarten. You can also go for a hike around Réserve Naturelle de l'Île-Du-Rohrschollen, Forêt de Gries, and Boulevard de l'Orangerie. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Le Meteor, Aux 12 Apotres, and L'Etabli.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Strasbourg with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Strasbourg without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Strasbourg's location between two powerful countries has shaped its history. Strasbourg and the entire Alsace region have changed hands between France and German powers many times over the centuries. This has resulted in a unique culture that combines the best of both nations.
But there's more to Strasbourg than just its past. It also houses the European Parliament, making it one of the most important cities in the modern-day European Union. And its long history of both French and German occupation makes it a popular destination for tourists worldwide.
Strasbourg first entered history as the site of a Roman camp. After the fall of the Empire, the city became controlled by the bishops of Strasbourg. Following a rebellion against the clergy in 1262, Strasbourg became a self-ruling city under the Holy Roman Empire. This state of affairs lasted until 1681, when it became part of France.
In 1871, following the Franco-Prussian war, Strasbourg became German. However, following the First World War, the city was given back to France. In 1940, the Germans conquered the city again and held it until 1944, when Strasbourg went back again to France.
In 1952, Strasbourg became one of the locations of the European Parliament, along with Brussels. As a result, this border city still occupies an important place in history.
Things to do in Strasbourg
Strasbourg has had a long history of conflict, but turbulent times have made the city what it is today. Despite being the scene of multiple wars, Strasbourg still has one of Europe's largest and best-preserved medieval quarters. But as the home of the European Parliament, Strasbourg is also a city that continues to thrive and grow to this day. Whatever you're into, chances are you'll find it in Strasbourg.
- See the city's most iconic building at Strasbourg Cathedral. This medieval church was the tallest building in the world for centuries, up until 1874. It remains the tallest building still standing from the medieval period. Dating back to the 1100s, this cathedral is a breathtaking monument to Strasbourg's importance, and a climb up the massive tower is a must.
- Fall in love with the charming district of La Petite France. A maze of half-timbered houses dating back to the 1500s, this historic district is a major draw for tourists. Wander the cobblestone streets, enjoy the local cuisine in one of the many restaurants, and soak up the neighborhood's charm.
- Get some fresh air at Parc de l'Orangerie. Named for the 140 orange trees that used to stand here, only three still remain in the park's greenhouse. You'll also find a boating lake, a mini zoo, and a sanctuary for storks. It's also the perfect place to bring a picnic and relax on a hot summer day.
- Learn more about the culture of Alsace at the Musee Alsacien. Located along the riverbank, this museum explains the history and culture of this region where French and German influences combine to create a place unlike any other.
- See where the modern levers of power are pulled at the European Parliament. A visit to the home of the world’s largest supranational government will help you understand more about the functioning of the EU. You can visit the debating chamber if parliament is not in session, or see the indoor Wintergarden.
Transit options in Strasbourg
- The city’s main train station is located right in the heart of Strasbourg. High-speed TGV trains connect the city with other locations throughout France, and other intercity trains carry passengers to cities throughout Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and beyond.
- Strasbourg airport connects the city to other airports throughout Europe and North Africa. The train runs from the airport to Strasbourg central station, a journey that takes around 15 minutes.
- Strasbourg is well served by an extensive transit network that includes a tramway with six lines. The city bus network also connects points of interest throughout Strasbourg.
Luggage Storage in Strasbourg
There's plenty for visitors to see and do both in Strasbourg and in the surrounding area. In fact, Strasbourg's location on the border between France and Germany, close to other countries such as Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Belgium, makes it an ideal hub for exploring across Europe. But the city itself has plenty of charm, much of it best experienced on foot.
Drop heavy bags off at a convenient Bounce luggage storage site in Strasbourg and see the city the way its medieval residents did. Wandering the charming streets and dipping into cafés and restaurants, you'll be glad you left your belongings at a Bounce luggage storage shop before you began to explore.
Activities and attractions near Strasbourg
- Neustadt: Once you've seen Strasbourg's enchanting old town at Le Petite France, it's time to explore its newer German quarter. However, Neustadt, meaning New Town, is only new by European standards. Built during the period of Prussian occupation, this new district was begun in 1871. It is home to some of the city's grandest buildings and is a relic of Prussian ambition in the area. Make the visit easier on yourself by dropping off any heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage facility in Strasbourg so you can explore more easily.
- Wine tour: France and Germany are both some of the world's top wine-producing nations, so it's no surprise that the Alsace region is legendary for its wines. Taking a wine tour outside Strasbourg allows you to sample the incredible variety of wine on offer in this region. You also get a chance to try some of the local cuisine, which mixes dishes from both France and Germany to create something entirely new. The best vineyards are outside the city, so make sure you drop off your bags at a Strasbourg luggage storage shop before heading out.
- Parc Naturel Regional des Vosges du Nord: Located north of the city, this sprawling natural park feels a long way away. Home to the Fleckenstein Castle and part of the doomed Maginot line built to defend France from German attack, this park also offers incredible forest landscapes to hike and explore. Drop your heavy bags at a luggage storage location in Strasbourg and see everything this region has to offer.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Strasbourg?
The price for luggage storage in Strasbourg is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Strasbourg?
There are multiple locations all around Strasbourg which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Hafen Kehl, Centre Ville de Bischwiller, Wasselone and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Strasbourg?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Strasbourg.
Are there storage lockers in Strasbourg?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Strasbourg. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Strasbourg where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Strasbourg?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Fischerstub, La Corde à Linge, and Flam's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Strasbourg are Hilton Strasbourg, Quality Residence Js Bach Hôtel Strasbourg, and K Hôtel.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Strasbourg?
Strasbourg offers several scenic parks including Parc de l'Orangerie, Square de la Peupleraie, and Parc du Heyritz.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Strasbourg?
You can find local tourist information at Office de Tourisme, One City Tours, and Boutique CTS.