Colorado Springs Visitor Guide 2021: Everything you need to know
Colorado Springs is a city that is extremely popular amongst tourists due to its proximity to the Rocky Mountains. Located at the bottom of these impressive peaks, the city is close to a range of national parks and natural attractions. You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to hiking trails and outdoor activities - the biggest problem will be choosing what to fit in your itinerary! From the stunning Broadmoor Seven Falls to the impressive rock formations ‘Garden of the Gods’, Colorado Springs offers many unique experiences to travelers. There’s even something special about the actual city, which isn’t surprising given the incredible backdrop of the towering Rocky Mountains.
A weekend in Colorado Springs
Looking for an exciting weekend getaway? Put Colorado Springs at the top of your list! With plenty to see in the city and surrounding area, you will have your choice of fun and memorable experiences. The city itself has all the facilities you will need for a relaxing trip. We recommend making the most of Bounce luggage storage in Colorado Springs to maximize your time in this great city. Nobody likes being inconvenienced by their bags, and you’ll have more time to explore if you simply drop them and go.
If you need some inspiration for your weekend visit to Colorado Springs, the following are some of the must-see attractions.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center - Put on your hiking shoes and hit the trail. It will be well worth it to see the mesmerizing views of these rock formations and surrounding scenery.
- Broadmoor Pikes Peak Cog Railway - This railway is the highest in North America and offers unrivaled views of the area. Climb aboard for a relaxing ride that will provide you with a unique perspective of the Colorado Springs area.
- Cave of the Winds Mountain Park - If you’re an adrenaline junkie, you won’t want to miss Cave of the Wind Mountain Park. With ziplining, ropes course, and caves just waiting to be explored, this is a great option for older kids and adults alike.
Colorado Springs Lockers
As travelers, we all know the frustration of being stuck with our luggage. It might be due to an inconvenient check-in/check-out time or a stopover, but either way, there’s no denying it can hold you back from exploring. The good news is that Bounce is here to make things easier. A luggage storage service in Colorado Springs that caters specifically to travelers, Bounce provides a safe and flexible place to store your belongings while you head out and experience all the best the city has to offer. You can go about your day, then simply pick them up when it suits you!
Off the beaten path in Colorado Springs
Getting off the beaten path is a great way to truly experience a destination. In Colorado Springs, embrace the road less traveled with the following attractions for a trip you’ll never forget.
- Seven Bridge Trail - Colorado Springs is known for its natural beauty and this trail is no different. It’s the perfect place to immerse yourself in nature and take some time to relax.
- Starr Kempf’s metal sculptures - For a unique Colorado Springs experience, check out these sculptures. The art pieces stand over 50 feet tall and will be sure to impress.
What to do alone in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs is an excellent destination for solo travelers. Whether you are in town on a business trip or solo adventure, you are guaranteed to have a great time. In addition to a range of exciting attractions, there are also services like suitcase storage in Colorado Springs that make traveling so much easier for people who are on their own.
Consider checking out these attractions if you are traveling solo in Colorado Springs:
- Broadmoor Seven Falls - There’s something so tranquil about waterfalls and Broadmoor Seven Falls will not disappoint. Get active on the hiking trail and spend some time soaking in the natural beauty.
- Pikes Peak - For those of you looking for a good view, Pikes Peak is hard to beat. It is the highest summit of the southern Rocky Mountain peaks, offering views that stretch for miles.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - This zoo boasts the title of ‘highest zoo in America’, covering 140 acres and housing nearly 150 species. While the animals are worth seeing, we recommend taking the tram to the top to see the views while you are there.
The best souvenirs in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs has a variety of stores to do your souvenir shopping. Ranging from standard tourist shops boasting the typical caps and keyrings to independent boutiques with unique items, you won’t have an issue finding a gift or special something to remember your trip. For classic T-shirts and other souvenirs, head to All About Colorado. The Eagle Dance is your best bet for jewelry, while Buffalo Ridge Trading Post is the perfect spot for someone looking for specialty foods.