Ojai is a small city located in California, USA. Known for its outdoor activities, boutique hotels, and organic agriculture, this charming destination is the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. The city is nestled in a valley, surrounded by the Topatopa Mountains and bordered by Los Padres National Forest. With stunning scenery in every direction you look, Ojai will help you enjoy some tranquility and reconnect with nature. It also boasts art and cultural attractions, luxurious day spas, and plenty of options for family fun. California might be known for its coast, but Ojai shows just how much more the state has to offer if you are happy to venture a little further inland.
A weekend in Ojai
Spending a weekend in Ojai? The small city is sure to have you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, even if you are only there for a short time. Also, make the most of local facilities like luggage lockers in Ojai that will help you to save time and ensure you don’t waste a second of your trip due to your bags.
We’ve put together a few of the attractions you won’t want to miss in Ojai.
- Ojai Valley - The Ojai Valley is stunning and will be calling your name from the moment you arrive. Grab your hiking shoes and hit the trail to experience the beauty for yourself.
- Ojai Art Center - This charming art center has an impressive collection of local work. If you are an appreciator of art, this one is not be missed.
- Los Padres National Forest - Ojai is known for its outdoor activities and Los Padres National Forest makes it easy to see why. From desert-like landscapes to luscious redwood forests, you’ll be mesmerized as you explore the park.
Bounce is here to make your relaxing vacation even more carefree with luggage storage in Ojai. As travelers, we all know the hassle of managing luggage. Whether we are faced with a late check-in or early check-out, being stuck with your bags is just a pain! Bounce is a service that caters specifically to tourists, offering flexible and secure storage for your belongings so you can make the most of your time in Ojai.
Off the beaten path in Ojai
Ojai has an array of off-the-beaten-path activities to explore. If you’re looking to see a different side of the city and uncover some attractions outside of the main tourist track, you’ll love these suggestions.
- Cloud Climber Jeep Tour - Cloud Climber Jeep Tours allow you to get off the beaten path in a literal and figurative sense! You’ll get to experience the natural environment from dirt tracks, seeing many different sites that aren’t known or easily accessible to visitors.
- Ojai Meadows Preserve - This nature preserve is home to a diverse range of birds that will appeal to amateur and expert bird watchers alike. It’s also an excellent place for a walk and some fresh air.
- Artist Cottage and Apothecary - Looking for a way to express your inner artist while on vacation? This artist cottage is a local gem that allows you to take hands-on art classes.
What to do alone in Ojai
Solo travel can be a great way to relax and reset, and what better place to do that than in Ojai? Whether you are in town for leisure or business, there’s a range of fun activities you can do on your own.
- Spa Ojai - Indulge in a luxurious treatment at Spa Ojai. Whether you go a facial, a massage, or something else entirely, you’ll leave feeling refreshed and truly spoilt.
- Ojai Certified Farmers Market - Ojai is all about good, fresh, organic food. Head to the farmer’s market to pick up some local produce and taste the difference for yourself.
- Ojai Valley Museum - To admire some local art and learn about local history, head to Ojai Valley Museum. It has an excellent collection housed in an old church.
The best souvenirs in Ojai
Ojai has a range of boutique stores and farmer’s markets where you can pick up high-quality souvenirs, artisan products, and excellent food. For some artwork to remember your trip, head to Human Arts Gallery or Ojai Art Gallery. Bart’s Books is an excellent option for the literary lover, or the gourmet grocers can provide a range of local produce that you can take home to share with your loved ones.
If you overdo it on the souvenir shopping, make the most of bag storage in Ojai. They can take care of your things to save you from going back and forth to your accommodation.