Athens Airport luggage storage
Instantly reserve the best locations near Athens Airport to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Athens Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Apr 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Athens Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Athens and need a place to store your bags near Athens Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Athens Pointe Shopping Center, Old Navy, or Beechwood Shopping Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Stonehenge, Washington Farms, or Bulldog Park .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Athens Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Athens Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Athens with multiple locations near Athens Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Athens Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Athens Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Snelling Dining Commons. You can also go for a hike around Sandy Creek Nature Center, Trail Creek Greenway MTB Trails, and Oconee Forest Trails. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Chili's Grill & Bar, Blind Pig Tavern, and Cutters Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Athens Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Athens Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Athens Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Athens Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Athens Airport and Athens without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Athens!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Athens!View City
About Athens Airport
Athens Airport, officially called the Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos, is the biggest international airport in the country of Greece. The airport, which started operating on March 28, 2001, to accommodate the influx of visitors coming in for the 2004 Summer Olympics, serves the city of Athens and the Attica region. It is also the central hub for Aegean Airlines along with other Greek airlines. At present, Athens Airport is linked to 172 domestic and international destinations, including most major cities in the world. Apart from that, the airport is also the primary gateway to famous Greek islands such as Santorini, Astypalea, and Skyros.
The airport also acts as the main entry point of the Greek capital city of Athens, which is one of the oldest cities in the world and a prominent tourist destination. Athens is a symbol of Western Civilization at its finest and boasts a history that spans thousands of years. While the evidence of its classical history is still prevalent, Athens has evolved into a modern city that’s keeping up with the times. Both locals and tourists will find their time in the city exciting and enjoyable. To make your trip even more convenient, utilize Bounce’s self-storage service, which is offered all over Athens.
Fun fact: The Athens International Airport was named after Eleftherios Venizelos, a statesman and leader of the Greek national liberation movement.
Things to do near Athens Airport
Athens Airport serves as the stepping stone to seeing the magnificent and unique city of Athens. From classical buildings and ancient ruins to historical museums and excellent food options, it’s fairly easy to have a great time in Athens no matter how long your stay is. The city is filled with must-see sites and hidden gems that only the locals would know. If you’re having a hard time planning your Athens itinerary, here are some suggestions for places and activities that you shouldn’t miss.
- Visit the National Gardens, found in the heart of Athens, and escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. The 16-hectare park has several paths and even features a small zoo.
- Kill some time at Plaka, which is the oldest neighborhood in Athens and one of the city’s tourist hotspots. Here, you will find numerous shops and some of the city’s best restaurants, such as O Thanasis.
- See some modern art at the National Museum of Contemporary Art Athens (EMST). The museum features exhibits of local and international art in various media forms.
- Another museum worth checking out is the Benaki Museum, which shows an almost-complete chronology of the history and culture of Greece. Through its displays, you can follow the course of art from ancient times up to present day.
- Head over to the Syntagma Square, where you will find the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a cenotaph for anonymous Greek soldiers who died during the war. Here, you can also witness the fascinating “Changing of the Guard” experience.
- Get a taste of the nightlife scene in Athens by visiting the Mnisikleous Street stairs in the evening, where you will find several restaurants with tables lined up outside by the street.
- Have an authentic Greek shopping experience at the Athens Central Market, a typical outdoor market where fresh produce is being sold.
Transit Options in Athens Airport
- Athens Metro (Line 3)
- Proastiakos (Athens Suburban Railway)
- OSY (Road Transport) Bus (X93, X95, X96, X97)
Luggage storage near Athens Airport
With a vibrant history coupled with some of the most fascinating ancient sites in the whole world, it’s not hard to spend a day or even a week in Athens. Whether you’re an Athenian playing tourist or a vacationer who’s looking to see as many attractions as possible, you won’t have to worry about heavy luggage with Bounce. With partners all across Athens, all you have to do is find the one nearest you and deposit your things. Using Bounce’s storage service helps you stay stress-free throughout your trip.
Attractions and activities near Athens Airport
- The Acropolis: No trip to Athens will be complete without seeing the most renowned site in the city – The Acropolis. This World Heritage Site is home to some of the most significant ancient buildings in the world, including the Parthenon, The Erectheion, and The Temple of Athena Nike. Avoid having to carry a heavy bag by storing your things with Bounce.
- Acropolis Museum: Not far from The Acropolis is a museum named after the ancient complex, where you will find on display some amazing Greek artifacts and replicas of the famous buildings in the city. Visitors of the museum are not allowed to bring oversized bags inside. Instead, leave your luggage at a Bounce location nearby.
- Ancient Agora of Athens: The Agora once served as a marketplace, residential area, public speaking venue, and the center of everyday life of Classical Athens for 5000 years. To maximize your time at this site and nearby points of interest, leave your heavy bag with Bounce.
- Museum of Cycladic Art: Established in 1986, this museum was founded by art enthusiast couple Nicholas and Dolly Goulandris. This was after they accrued what would be the world’s biggest collection of prehistoric art originating from the Cycladic Islands. Big backpacks or luggage are prohibited inside the museum, so it’s best to stow your things at a Bounce location ahead of time.
- Panathenaic Stadium: The original Panathenaic Stadium, which was built in the 2nd century BC, is considered the biggest building in Athens, which can hold a capacity of 60,000 spectators. A replica of the original was then rebuilt to host the 1896 Olympic Games. Tour the grounds of the stadium without any hassle by dropping off your items at a Bounce location.
- Temple of Poseidon: A short trip outside of Athens will take you to this stunning 5th-century temple that sits on Cape Sounio. As its name suggests, the building was built by locals for Poseidon and to safely guide sailors on their journey. Before setting out on your trip, secure your bag with Bounce.
- National Archaeological Museum: The museum houses an astonishing collection of artworks, artifacts, and other antiquities from Greek history. They also have various exhibits that cover different time periods. Since you’re not allowed to bring luggage inside with you, another option would be to find a Bounce partner nearby and store your things there.
- Mount Lycabettus: Located northeast of the city center, Mount Lycabettus is a 300-meter limestone peak where you can get an amazing view of Athens. The summit is also one of the best spots in the city to watch the sunset and can be reached by foot or funicular (tram). Though the hike up is relatively easy, there’s no need for you to lug around a heavy bag. Instead, you can deposit your bag or luggage at a Bounce location in the area.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Athens Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Athens Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Athens Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Athens Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Athens Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Groome Transportation, Athens Ben Epps Airport (AHN), and Barrow County Airport and all over Athens.
Is it safe to store your bags near Athens Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Athens Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Athens Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Athens Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Athens Airport and in the broader Athens area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best restaurants near Athens Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Athens Airport are McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, and Bolton Dining Commons.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Athens Airport?
Check out the nearby Southeast Clarke Park, Watson Mill State Park, and Athens Memorial Park.