How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Athens
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Monastiraki Square?
The price for luggage storage near Monastiraki Square starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Monastiraki Square?
There are multiple locations in the Monastiraki Square area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH) (Διεθνής Αερολιμένας Αθηνών Ελευθέριος Βενιζέλος), Doukissis Plakentias Metro Station (Σταθμός Μετρό Δουκίσσης Πλακεντίας), and Paiania-Kantza Suburban Rail Station (Σταθμός Προαστιακού Παιανία-Κάντζα) and all over Athens.
Is it safe to store your bags near Monastiraki Square?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Monastiraki Square.
Are there storage lockers near Monastiraki Square?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Monastiraki Square area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Monastiraki Square and in the broader Athens area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Monastiraki Square?
Popular metro stations like Σταθμός Μετρό Νίκαια, Syntagma Metro Station (Σταθμός Μετρό Σύνταγμα), or Attiki ISAP Station (Σταθμός ΗΣΑΠ Αττική) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Athens near Monastiraki Square, you may be close to some bus stations: Σταθμός ΚΤΕΛ Κηφισού, Σταθμός ΚΤΕΛ Λιοσίων, or Dafni Bus Terminal (Αφετηρία Λεωφορείων Δάφνη). If traveling by train, Athens Railway Station (Σιδηροδρομικός Σταθμός Αθήνας), Neratziotissa Suburban Rail Station (Σταθμός Προαστιακού Νερατζιώτισσα), and Piraeus Train Station (Σιδηροδρομικός Σταθμός Πειραιά) are nearest to Monastiraki Square.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Monastiraki Square?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Monastiraki Square are Hotel Grande Bretagne, Divani Caravel Hotel, and ERGON House Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Monastiraki Square are Athens Studios, Athens Hawks Hostel, and The Historical Center Studios.
Where are the best restaurants near Monastiraki Square?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Monastiraki Square are Piu Verde, McDonald's, and Horizon Luxury Resto Bar.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Monastiraki Square?
Check out the nearby Stavros Niarchos Park (Πάρκο Σταύρος Νιάρχος), Πάρκο περιβαλλοντικής ευαισθητοποίησης 'Αντώνης Τρίτσης', and Pedion Areos (Πεδίον του Άρεως).
Store your luggage around Monastiraki Square
Luggage storage nearby most Monastiraki Square hotspotsPosted
Monastiraki Square Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Monastiraki Square?” Perhaps you just arrived in Athens and need a place to store your bags near Monastiraki Square before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Εμπορικό Κέντρο Αίθριο, CityLink, or Zara and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Monastiraki Square area at Syntagma Square (Πλατεία Συντάγματος), Kifissia Grove (Άλσος Κηφισιάς), or Kefalari Square (Πλατεία Κεφαλαρίου) and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Monastiraki Square!
Luggage storage nearby Monastiraki Square with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Athens with multiple locations near Monastiraki Square.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Monastiraki Square area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Monastiraki Square area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Βοτανικός Κήπος Ιουλίας & Αλεξάνδρου Διομήδους, Coffee Factory, and Cultivos Coffee. You can also go for a hike around Προφήτης Ηλίας, Μονοπάτι, and Parnitha National Park (Εθνικός Δρυμός Πάρνηθας). And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out White Spoon, Hippy 3, and GB Roof Garden Restaurant.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Monastiraki Square area?
✅Multiple locations near Monastiraki Square✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Monastiraki Square with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Monastiraki Square really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Monastiraki Square and Athens without your things!
About Monastiraki Square
Monastiraki Square takes its name from the small church inside it, which used to be part of a monastery. The Greek word means 'little monastery'. Monastiraki Square is located right in the heart of Athens and is part of the city's central shopping and entertainment district. Connected to the rest of the city and the airport by Monastiraki Metro station, the square is often one of the first places visitors to Athens find themselves.
Greece has had a long and fascinating history, and nowhere is that more clear than in this square. Standing in the center, all you need to do is look around to see traces of all the major periods of Greek history. An Orthodox Church on one side and a mosque on the other represent the religions and empires that have shaped Athens. The ruins of Roman-era Hadrian's library lie close to the square, and the Acropolis towers above it all.
But there's more to this part of town than history. The square is home to a lively fleamarket that attracts visitors from far and wide. It's also full of sidewalk cafés, street performers, and regular Athenians mixing with the crowds of tourists. It all adds up to one of the liveliest and most vibrant parts of this fascinating city.
Things to do near Monastiraki Square
- Spend some money at Pandrossou Street Market. In this lively flea market, you could be forgiven for thinking you’ve stepped into an Arabian bazaar. Eclectic stalls offer exotic goods you won’t find anywhere else. Don’t be afraid to haggle.
- Treat yourself at Little Kook. This coffee and cake shop has a fairytale-inspired theme that makes it look as good as it tastes. It has a Cinderella room and an Alice in Wonderland room. There’s even a dragon on the roof!
- Get your mind blown at the Museum of Illusions. The mind-bending optical illusions in this unusual museum will have you scratching your head as you wonder how they did it. It also makes a great change from all the ancient ruins of the city.
- Wander through the past at the ancient Agora of Athens. This complex of temples, political buildings, and marketplaces formed the heart of the ancient city. Now the home of wild tortoises, it's an atmospheric place to explore as you ponder the remarkable history of Greece.
- Marvel at the ancient ingenuity of the Tower of the Winds. Built around 50 BC, this preserved tower is known as the world's oldest meteorological station. It once had sundials, a water clock, and wind vanes to track the weather in the city.
Transit options in Monastiraki Square
- Monastiraki Station is served by Metro lines 1 and 3. Line 3 connects to Athens airport, while Line 1 runs to the Port of Piraeus.
- Bus 227 carries visitors from the square up the hill to the ruins of the Acropolis.
- Monastiraki square is on many of the city's bus routes, including Line 51, which can take you to Kifissos Bus Station.
Luggage storage in Monastiraki Square
As one of the liveliest parts of the city, Monastiraki Square attracts all kinds of people. While it is generally safe, you should be on guard for pickpockets and other scam artists. That, combined with the regular crowds, can make the square an occasionally difficult place to navigate.
Make things easy on yourself by finding luggage storage near Monastiraki Square. Bounce has locations throughout Athens and around the world, so you need never be stuck carrying heavy bags with you while you explore. Get rid of unneeded possessions for a while, and save your energy for experiencing everything this neighborhood has to offer.
Attractions and activities near Monastiraki Square
- Plaka: On the slopes of the hill below the iconic temples, the Plaka neighborhood, with its old whitewashed houses, is one of the most charismatic parts of the city. Quaint shops and family-run taverns make this the perfect place to explore and enjoy modern Greek culture and cuisine in the shadow of the old. You could easily spend a full day wandering through these narrow streets and soaking up the culture along with the sun. Make things easy on yourself by leaving your bags at the luggage storage shop near Monastiraki Square before venturing into these narrow streets.
- Kesariani Vyronas Forest: On the eastern side of the city, this is the perfect break from Athens's noise and smog. Trails wind through the shade of olive trees surrounding an ancient monastery. It's an incredibly relaxing place to visit that will feel a million miles from the entertaining chaos of central Athens. Leave your bags behind at a Monastiraki luggage storage location and immerse yourself in the tranquility of this lesser-known spot.
- Island tours: Take a trip out to the port of Piraeus and explore some of the beautiful islands close to Athens. Boats leave every day for islands such as Hydra, Aegina, and Poros. Each of these islands is unique in its own way. With delicious restaurants, gorgeous beaches, and fascinating historical landmarks, you'll want to visit as many islands as you possibly can. There's no better way to soak up the sun and the scenery than on a sunset cruise over the Aegean sea. Some trips even offer dinner and dancing so you can really make a day of it.