Luggage Storage Dublin Castle
Instantly reserve the best locations near Dublin Castle to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Dublin Castle Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 27, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Dublin Castle?" Perhaps you just arrived in Dublin and need a place to store your bags near Dublin Castle before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Blanchardstown Centre, Airside Retail Park, or Topshop and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Portmarnock Beach, Killiney Beach, or Bray Beach .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Dublin Castle!
Luggage storage nearby Dublin Castle with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Dublin with multiple locations near Dublin Castle.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Dublin Castle area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Dublin Castle area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Butlers Chocolate Café, Dublin Zoo, and Insomnia. You can also go for a hike around Ticknock Forest, Howth Cliff Walk, and St. Catherines Park - Lucan Demesne. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Gravity Bar, Guinness Factory, The Temple Bar, and The Brazen Head.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Dublin Castle area?
✅Multiple locations near Dublin Castle✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Dublin Castle with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Dublin Castle really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Dublin Castle and Dublin without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Dublin!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Dublin!View City
About Dublin Castle
Dublin Castle is one of the most famous buildings in Ireland and is an essential part of the country's history. Dublin Castle is the perfect place to start your tour of Dublin, with tons of fascinating artifacts to be discovered within its walls. Find a nearby Bounce luggage storage location in Dublin, and uncover the secrets of this iconic Irish landmark.
Construction of Dublin Castle began in the 13th century and was the seat of British rule in Ireland for over 700 years. It was commissioned by King John of England and stands upon the site of an old Viking settlement. The castle stood in good condition until the 17th century, when a fire tore through the fortress, destroying most of its medieval architecture. After the fire, the castle was reconstructed as a classic Georgian palace.
After the Irish Revolution, Dublin Castle was handed over to Michael Collins and the newly formed Irish government. Ever since this historic event in 1922, it has been a symbol of Irish independence. Nowadays, the government often uses the castle for essential functions, such as the inauguration of the Irish president. The castle has played host to many prominent historical figures over the years, including Nelson Mandela, Benjamin Franklin, and JFK.
Fun fact: Dracula author Bram Stoker worked at the castle between 1866 and 1878.
Things to do at Dublin Castle
Dublin Castle is packed full of Irish relics that are sure to astound visitors. There's plenty to do in and around the castle, making this a great day out for anybody looking to see the best of Irish history. To avoid knocking over any important artifacts while touring the castle's narrow hallways, store your bag at Bounce luggage storage facility in Dublin beforehand.
- Book a tour of Dublin Castle. This remarkable tour will take you through some of the beautiful and intriguing parts of the castle, including the Royal Chapel, the State Rooms, and the Viking Excavation site.
- Discover the Dublin Castle's museum exhibits. The museum hosts lots of temporary exhibitions and installations on an array of topics, from the history of women's role in politics to the birth of Modernism in art.
- Peruse Dublin Castle's art collection. The castle holds many exquisite 19th century paintings, including portraits of Queen Victoria and King George III.
- Roam the halls at Chester Beatty Library. Located across the road from Dublin Castle, this library/ museum has an impressive collection of ancient artifacts from around the world, including pages from the Gospel of Luke dating back to 3rd century Egypt.
- After seeing the sights, relax at The Terrace Cafe and enjoy a bite to eat or coffee on the ground floor of the castle.
Transit Options at Dublin Castle
- Dublin Bus: 13, 49, 54a, 56a, 77a, 123, 151
- Luas Tram: Jervis (Red Line), St Stephen's Green (Green Line)
- Train Service: DART, Commuter Service, Maynooth Service, Phoenix Park Tunnel Service
Luggage Storage near Dublin Castle
Dublin Castle is situated close to the center of the city, making it a great place to stop before setting out on an adventure across Dublin. With many of Dublin's most famous landmarks and attractions within a few miles of the palace, it's ideal for storing your luggage. You'll find several convenient Bounce luggage storage services dotted close to the castle, where you can stash your stuff, allowing you to explore Dublin's cobbled streets and famous sights hassle-free.
Attractions and Activities near Dublin Castle
- National Gallery of Ireland: The National Gallery is a must-see for any art enthusiast looking to examine some of Europe's best artwork. There are over 600 years of art history on display in this museum, from Baroque oil painting to postmodern masterpieces. You'll find works of dozens of world-famous painters on show at the National Gallery, with pieces by Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, and Diego Velazquez. After touring the gallery's extensive collection, take a seat at the Gallery Cafe and enjoy a traditional cup of tea. You won't want to lug your bags through this massive museum, who stop by a Bounce luggage storage service in Dublin first.
- Temple Bar: Looking to soak up some local Irish culture? Pay a visit to Temple Bar. This famous district features trendy shops, bohemian artwork, and high-class restaurants. While strolling around the area, make sure you stop at The Temple Bar Pub. This landmark pub has been open since the 1840s and is a great place to sample a pint of Guinness and some traditional Irish music. There are a few places to store your luggage around Temple Bar, in case you're looking to lighten your load.
- The Guinness Storehouse: You won't want to miss out on touring the Guinness Storehouse on your next holiday in Dublin. During your visit, you'll learn all about this iconic beverage's history. The tour of the brewery and storehouse ends with a trip up to the Gravity Bar. This bar sits atop the storehouse and boasts panoramic views of the Dublin skyline. You'll be treated to a free pint, and you can even try to pour your own for the ultimate Guinness experience.
- Phoenix Park: If you fancy escaping the city for the day, swing by Phoenix Park. Phoenix Park is the biggest city park in Europe, covering over 1,700 acres of verdant Irish countryside. Phoenix Park is home to dozens of landmarks and historic sights, and due to its size, you'll no doubt discover something new each time you visit. If you want to cover lots of ground, book a segway tour. This tour takes just over an hour and leads you past some of the park's intriguing sights, including the Magazine Fort and Ashtown Castle. Make sure you keep an eye out for the park's adorable fallow deer population!
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Dublin Castle
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Dublin Castle?
The price for luggage storage near Dublin Castle is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Dublin Castle?
There are multiple locations in the Dublin Castle area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Malahide Railway Station, Dublin Airport (DUB), and Portmarnock Dart Station and all over Dublin.
Is it safe to store your bags near Dublin Castle?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Dublin Castle.
Are there storage lockers near Dublin Castle?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Dublin Castle area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Dublin Castle and in the broader Dublin area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Dublin Castle?
Popular metro stations like Liffey Bridge (Phoenix Park Tunnel) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Dublin near Dublin Castle, you may be close to some bus stations: Busáras, Dublin Airport Coach Terminal, or Dublin Bus Depot Harristown. If traveling by train, Dublin Connolly Railway Station, Dublin Heuston Railway Station, and Tara Street Railway Station are nearest to Dublin Castle.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Dublin Castle?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Dublin Castle are Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, Jurys Inn Parnell Street, and The Gresham Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Dublin Castle are Abigails Hostel, Generator Hostel Dublin, and Jacobs Inn Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Dublin Castle?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Dublin Castle are Yeeros, McDonald's, and Starbucks.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Dublin Castle?
Check out the nearby St. Stephen's Green, Phoenix Park, and Fr Collins Park.