How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Dublin City Centre Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Dublin City Centre?" Perhaps you just arrived in Dublin and need a place to store your bags near Dublin City Centre before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Blanchardstown Centre, Airside Retail Park, or Topshop and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Portmarnock Beach, Killiney Beach, or Bray Beach .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Dublin City Centre!
Luggage storage nearby Dublin City Centre with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Dublin with multiple locations near Dublin City Centre.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Dublin City Centre area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Dublin City Centre area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Butlers Chocolate Café, Dublin Zoo, and Insomnia. You can also go for a hike around Ticknock Forest, Howth Cliff Walk, and St. Catherines Park - Lucan Demesne. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Gravity Bar, Guinness Factory, The Temple Bar, and The Brazen Head.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Dublin City Centre area?
✅Multiple locations near Dublin City Centre✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Dublin City Centre with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Dublin City Centre really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Dublin City Centre and Dublin without your things!
About Dublin City Centre
Dublin city center is home to many of the city's most iconic buildings and top attractions. It's the beating heart of this modern capital, and the best place to explore what this city is all about. Full of winding narrow streets and historic monuments, Dublin's center has a unique charm. But it's no museum. It's also home to some of the best nightlife Ireland has to offer.
Sooner or later, just about every visitor to the Irish capital finds their way to the center of Dublin. Eighteenth and nineteenth-century buildings line the streets and make Dublin a great place to wander. And as the heart of the city, this is where Dublin residents converge, a testament to the cultural diversity that represents modern Ireland.
As the capital, events in Dublin have shaped Irish history. The famous rising against British rule took place here in 1916, and it was in the heart of Dublin that the Irish Republic was proclaimed. The country is still governed from Dublin, and Ireland’s top universities and grandest public buildings are all found here.
Things to do in Dublin City Center
Dublin is a microcosm of everything the nation of Ireland has to offer. Whether you’re looking for historic monuments, high-end restaurants, quaint pubs, or upscale shopping, you’ll find it all here. And even though Dublin contains so much to see and do, the city center is compact enough to be easily explored on foot.
- See the site of the famous Easter Rising at Dublin's General Post Office. This grand building is still a working post office, but it also houses a museum dedicated to the doomed rebellion against British rule in 1916 that formed part of the long story of Irish independence.
- See some of the jewels of European art at the National Gallery of Ireland. This extensive collection holds work by Vermeer, JMW Turner, Rembrandt, Picasso, Monet, and other internationally renowned artists. It's also home to an extensive collection of work by Irish artists both past and modern.
- Let your hair down at the Temple Bar Pub. This perennial favorite is busy no matter when you visit, and is home to Ireland's largest whiskey collection. It’s also the heart of the vibrant Temple Bar neighborhood, a favorite place for Dubliners to go to party.
- Explore Ireland’s rich literary tradition at the Dublin Writers Museum. Located in a striking 18th-century house, this niche museum explores the history of Irish literature and includes exhibits like Samuel Beckett's phone, a first edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula, and original programs from Oscar Wilde's plays.
- Travel back in time to Viking Dublin at Dublinia. Much more than a museum, this state-of-the-art attraction re-creates the Viking and medieval past of Dublin through the use of actors and historical reconstructions. It's the closest thing you'll find to a time machine and makes a wonderful place to explore how Dublin came to be.
Transit options in Dublin City Centre
- Dublin city center can be reached from the airport on the Airlink express. This high-frequency bus runs up to every 10 minutes at peak times and takes around 30 minutes to reach the city center from the airport.
- Heuston station is one of Dublin's main train stations and lies right in the heart of the city. You can catch trains from here to other cities throughout Ireland.
- Dublin boasts an extensive bus network and two tram lines, the Red line and the Green line. Many of the city's most popular attractions are on these tramlines, making them a great way to explore the city.
Luggage storage in Dublin City Centre
Dublin is Ireland's capital, but it remains a surprisingly walkable city. The main tourist attractions tend to be close to each other in Dublin city center, and it's very easy to travel between them on foot. Also, Dublin's public transport network is efficient and reliable and can take you just about anywhere you need to go.
But walking or catching buses is a lot less fun when you have heavy bags to carry. Make your trip easier on yourself by dropping off any unneeded baggage at a Bounce luggage storage location. That way, you can travel light and see everything the city has to offer.
Activities and attractions near Dublin City Centre
- The Jeannie Johnston: Explore one of the darker chapters of Irish history at the Jeannie Johnston. This replica sail ship tells the story of Ireland's Great Famine of 1845 to 1849, and the millions of Irish people who left the country to seek a better life elsewhere. This history of immigration shaped Ireland and many other nations around the world, and the ship brings this history vividly to life. The close quarters of an old ship are no place for heavy bags, however, so make sure you drop yours off at a luggage storage shop near Dublin city center before you climb aboard.
- Jameson Whiskey Distillery: Learn more about one of Ireland's most beloved exports at the Jameson Whiskey Distillery. The Bow Street Distillery was established in 1780, and Jameson whiskey was produced here until 1971. Now, the distillery functions as an interactive museum where you can learn more about the history of whiskey in Ireland and sample some of the company's best products for yourself.
- Trinity College library: Breathe in the atmosphere of learning at the Trinity College library. This sprawling research library is often considered one of the world's most beautiful thanks to its stunning Long Room. The library is also home to the Book of Kells, a priceless illuminated manuscript dating back to around the year 800. Large bags are not allowed in the library, so make sure you drop yours off at a Dublin luggage storage shop before you go.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Dublin City Centre
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Dublin City Centre?
The price for luggage storage near Dublin City Centre is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Dublin City Centre?
There are multiple locations in the Dublin City Centre area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Malahide Railway Station, Dublin Airport (DUB), and Portmarnock Dart Station and all over Dublin.
Is it safe to store your bags near Dublin City Centre?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Dublin City Centre.
Are there storage lockers near Dublin City Centre?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Dublin City Centre area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Dublin City Centre and in the broader Dublin area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Dublin City Centre?
Popular metro stations like Liffey Bridge (Phoenix Park Tunnel) can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Dublin near Dublin City Centre, you may be close to some bus stations: Busáras, Dublin Airport Coach Terminal, or Dublin Bus Depot Harristown. If traveling by train, Dublin Connolly Railway Station, Dublin Heuston Railway Station, and Tara Street Railway Station are nearest to Dublin City Centre.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Dublin City Centre?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Dublin City Centre are Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, Jurys Inn Parnell Street, and The Gresham Hotel. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Dublin City Centre are Abigails Hostel, Generator Hostel Dublin, and Jacobs Inn Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Dublin City Centre?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Dublin City Centre are Yeeros, McDonald's, and Starbucks.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Dublin City Centre?
Check out the nearby St. Stephen's Green, Phoenix Park, and Fr Collins Park.