How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Edinburgh Bus Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Edinburgh Bus Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Edinburgh and need a place to store your bags near Edinburgh Bus Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at The Centre, Waverley Mall, or Livingston Designer Outlet and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Burntisland Beach, Almondell Country Park, or Yellowcraigs Beach .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Edinburgh Bus Station!
Luggage storage nearby Edinburgh Bus Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Edinburgh with multiple locations near Edinburgh Bus Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Edinburgh Bus Station area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Edinburgh Bus Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Heaven Scent Coffee Shop, Tesco Cafe, and Tesco Travel Money. You can also go for a hike around Loch Leven National Nature Reserve, West Lomond, and Water of Leith Walkway. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Deacon Brodies Tavern, Edinburgh Gin Garden, and Brewhemia.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Edinburgh Bus Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Edinburgh Bus Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Edinburgh Bus Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Edinburgh Bus Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Edinburgh Bus Station and Edinburgh without your things!
About Edinburgh Bus Station
As Scotland's capital, Edinburgh is a hub for public transportation from around the country and across the UK. Along with its airport and rail station, Edinburgh bus station provides a terminus for both local and long-distance bus services. And because this bus station is centrally located close to Edinburgh's heart, it's a very convenient place for visitors to the city to arrive at.
The current version of Edinburgh bus station was opened in 2003. It replaced the older St. Andrew Square bus station that dated back to 1957 and was built as part of Edinburgh city center's redevelopment. As a result, the bus station is still very new and up-to-date. Located just 650 feet from Edinburgh Waverley station, the city's main train station, the bus station is a vital part of the city's transit network.
Megabus, National Express, Scottish Citylink, and Stagecoach East Scotland all use the station as part of their long-distance bus routes. This makes the bus station easy to reach for cities throughout Scotland and the UK as a whole.
Things to do near Edinburgh Bus Station
- See some of Scotland's most famous faces at the National Portrait Gallery. Located in an imposing red sandstone building, this gallery holds portraits of Mary Queen of Scots, David Hume, Robert Burns, Billy Connolly, and other famous Scottish figures.
- Enjoy expansive views of the city from Calton Hill. The National Monument of Scotland is on this hill but remains only half-finished after funds to complete it ran out in 1829. One of the city's highest points is a great place to take in views of the castle and the city below it.
- Explore the darker side of history at the Edinburgh Dungeon. This thrilling attraction uses rides and live actors to bring some of the bloodiest chapters of Scottish history to life. Children over the age of eight will have so much fun they won't realize they're learning something.
- Step into the past at the Museum of Childhood. This collection of toys and games that go back all the way to the 18th century provides a glimpse of daily life for kids in the past. It also has plenty of interactive exhibits to encourage play.
- Immerse yourself in culture at the Scottish National Gallery. While the gallery celebrates Scottish artists, it's also home to works by some of the most renowned artists from around the world. Botticelli, Canova, Vermeer, and Rembrandt are all represented here, along with many other leading talents.
Transit options in Edinburgh Bus Station
- Edinburgh bus station is a 10-minute walk from Waverley station, Edinburgh's main train station. From here, you can catch trains to major cities throughout the UK.
- The Airlink 100 bus takes passengers directly from Edinburgh airport to Edinburgh bus station.
- There is a tram stop in Saint Andrew Square right outside the bus station that connects to many of the city's main attractions.
Luggage storage in Edinburgh Bus Station
As an ancient city, Edinburgh is supremely walkable. And the central location of the bus station makes this even easier. From the moment you step off the bus, you'll have the historic heart of Edinburgh at your feet.
However, you'll have a much easier time in this hilly city if you leave your heavy bags behind. Bounce provides luggage storage near Edinburgh bus station so you can drop off anything you don't need and travel lighter.
Activities and attractions near Edinburgh Bus Station
- Edinburgh Castle: An icon of the city, Edinburgh Castle simply has to be visited. Towering over the city from atop an extinct volcano, the Castle is one of Europe's oldest fortifications. The Castle site has been occupied since prehistoric times, but the current building dates back to the 12th-century. Over the course of its long life, the Castle has been attacked and besieged many times, and has played a pivotal role in the history of Scotland and of the UK. An on-site museum helps explain this fascinating history and will give you a crash course in Scotland's past. The hilly terrain of the Castle is no place for heavy bags, so make sure you leave any unwanted luggage behind at a luggage storage locker in Edinburgh before you visit.
- Holyrood Palace: See how Scottish nobility lived at Holyrood Palace. Once occupied by Mary Queen of Scots, Holyrood has been the home of Scottish rulers ever since. It remains the official residence of the Queen when she is in Scotland. However, it is open for the public to visit and admire this grand royal residence's extravagance. Large bags are not permitted in the palace, so make sure you leave yours at a luggage storage shop near Edinburgh bus station before you visit.
- Dynamic Earth: Explore the mysteries of the planet we live on at Dynamic Earth. This unique attraction takes visitors around the world and across the universe, telling the story of all existence from the Big Bang down to the present day. With interactive exhibits and state-of-the-art technology, Dynamic Earth is a fantastic place to bring the kids, and you'll probably learn a lot yourself. Be aware that large bags are not permitted, so make sure you drop them off first.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Edinburgh Bus Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Edinburgh Bus Station?
The price for luggage storage near Edinburgh Bus Station is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Edinburgh Bus Station?
There are multiple locations in the Edinburgh Bus Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Linlithgow Railway Station (LIN), Fife Airport, and Drem Railway Station and all over Edinburgh.
Is it safe to store your bags near Edinburgh Bus Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Edinburgh Bus Station.
Are there storage lockers near Edinburgh Bus Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Edinburgh Bus Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Edinburgh Bus Station and in the broader Edinburgh area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Edinburgh Bus Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Edinburgh Bus Station are The Balmoral Hotel, Hilton Edinburgh Carlton, and Edinburgh University Pollock Halls. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Edinburgh Bus Station are Castle Rock Hostel, Syha, and CoDE Pod Hostels - the CoURT.
Where are the best restaurants near Edinburgh Bus Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Edinburgh Bus Station are McDonald's and YO! Sushi.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Edinburgh Bus Station?
Check out the nearby The Meadows, Leith Links, and Holyrood Park.