Instantly reserve the best locations near Edinburgh Castle to store your luggage for just £5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Edinburgh Castle Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 21, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Edinburgh Castle?" Perhaps you just arrived in Edinburgh and need a place to store your bags near Edinburgh Castle before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at The Centre, Waverley Mall, or Livingston Designer Outlet and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Burntisland Beach, Almondell Country Park, or Yellowcraigs Beach .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Edinburgh Castle!
Luggage storage nearby Edinburgh Castle with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Edinburgh with multiple locations near Edinburgh Castle.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Edinburgh Castle area start at just £5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Edinburgh Castle area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Heaven Scent Coffee Shop, Tesco Cafe, and Tesco Travel Money. You can also go for a hike around Loch Leven National Nature Reserve, West Lomond, and Water of Leith Walkway. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Deacon Brodies Tavern, Edinburgh Gin Garden, and Brewhemia.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Edinburgh Castle area?
✅Multiple locations near Edinburgh Castle✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Edinburgh Castle with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Edinburgh Castle really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Edinburgh Castle and Edinburgh without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Edinburgh!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Edinburgh!View City
About Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle is as ancient as it looks. The rocky promontory it occupies, dominating the skyline of the city, has been occupied since the second century. The first castle in this location was built in the twelfth century, and the castle remained a royal residence for centuries afterward. Taking a central role in the wars that racked Scotland over the years, Edinburgh Castle has been called the most besieged place in Great Britain and one of the most attacked in the world. However, restoration projects over the years have kept the castle looking its rugged best.
To this day, the castle remains the home of the Scottish National War Memorial and the National War Museum. And thanks to its fascinating history and striking architecture, it’s the second most visited tourist attraction in the entire UK, receiving over two million visitors per year. The castle is such an icon of the city that it’s debatable whether you can really say you’ve been to Edinburgh unless you’ve made the climb up to the castle. The heart of the city since ancient times, the castle remains a key part of the Scottish capital to this day.
Things to do near Edinburgh Castle
Because it’s been so central to the city’s development over the years, the castle is close to many of Edinburgh’s top attractions. It will take you a long time to explore everything the castle has to offer. But once you do, you’ll be in the ideal spot to branch out and see more of the city.
- Take in the vibrant life of the city along the Royal Mile. Edinburgh’s main shopping street runs from the castle to Holyrood Palace. You’ll find no end of shops, bars, restaurants, and pubs along this lively street.
- Learn more about Scotland’s turbulent history at the National Museum of Scotland. A short walk from the castle, the exhibits here will help you understand more about the forces that have shaped the city and the country over the centuries.
- Go on a pub crawl through Grassmarket. This entertaining street has an astonishing concentration of drinking establishments, and it may take you all night to get through them. Or simply pick a favorite and spend your evening there.
- Take a break from the frenetic pace of the city in the Princes Street Gardens. This sprawling urban park offers incredible views of the castle and the city is a great place to stretch your legs and breathe some fresh air in the Scottish capital.
- See artistic masterpieces from Scotland and beyond at the Scottish National Gallery. Works by Monet, van Gogh, and Leonardo da Vinci are some of the highlights here, but there’s plenty to explore in the endless galleries of this impressive museum.
Transit options at Edinburgh Castle
- Waverley Train Station is Edinburgh’s main station, connecting it to cities throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK. It’s only a short walk from the station to the castle, covering around half a mile.
- The Airlink 100 bus runs from Edinburgh Airport to the center of the city, stopping at Waverley Station.
- Trams connect Edinburgh Airport to Princes Street, which is only a few minutes’ walk from the castle.
Luggage storage near Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh is a city made for walking. You’ll do plenty of that if you want to explore its castle probably. Wandering through this ancient city is an activity all by itself, and one of the best ways to get to grips with its ancient history and modern charm.
Bounce makes it easier to explore by making sure you always have a safe place to store your belongings. Drop off any unneeded bags at a luggage storage service near Edinburgh Castle. As you climb the hill to this ancient fortress, you’ll be glad you did.
Attractions and activities near Edinburgh Castle
- See the heart of Scotland’s modern government at Holyroodhouse. Although still part of the United Kingdom, Scotland has gained increasing autonomy over the past few decades. The 16th-century Royal Palace is now the home of the Scottish national parliament, and you can take a tour which will explain more about the history and the future of this proud nation.
- Get above it all at Arthur’s Seat. This dormant volcano towers over the city, and its rugged beauty makes it a popular subject for photos, especially in the golden hour before sunset. If you’re feeling energetic, there are plenty of hiking trails that will let you explore this peak and give you incredible views over the city. Lace up your hiking boots and set out for an experience of the wilderness right outside Scotland’s capital city.
- There aren’t many countries that are synonymous with a drink. But at the Scotch Whisky Experience, you can explore the history of Scotland’s most famous export. Fans of the spirit won’t want to miss this attraction, but even novices may come away with a new appreciation of Scotland’s national drink. The high-tech exhibits will explain how whiskey first came to be distilled in the country and how it shaped the history of the nation. There’s also an excellent restaurant and, of course, an incredible selection of whiskeys view to sample. Plus, the exciting barrel ride is not to be missed.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Edinburgh Castle
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Edinburgh Castle?
The price for luggage storage near Edinburgh Castle is just £5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Edinburgh Castle?
There are multiple locations in the Edinburgh Castle area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Linlithgow Railway Station (LIN), Fife Airport, and Drem Railway Station and all over Edinburgh.
Is it safe to store your bags near Edinburgh Castle?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Edinburgh Castle.
Are there storage lockers near Edinburgh Castle?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Edinburgh Castle area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Edinburgh Castle and in the broader Edinburgh area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Edinburgh Castle?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Edinburgh Castle are The Balmoral Hotel, Hilton Edinburgh Carlton, and Edinburgh University Pollock Halls. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Edinburgh Castle are Castle Rock Hostel, Syha, and CoDE Pod Hostels - the CoURT.
Where are the best restaurants near Edinburgh Castle?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Edinburgh Castle are McDonald's and YO! Sushi.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Edinburgh Castle?
Check out the nearby The Meadows, Leith Links, and Holyrood Park.