Rated 4.9/5 (153,612 ratings)
Luggage Storage Florence
Instantly reserve the best locations in Florence to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Florence Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Florence?" Perhaps you just arrived in Florence and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at I Gigli Shopping Centre (Centro Commerciale I Gigli), Cos, or Massimo Dutti and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Castello di Volpaia, Castello di Poppiano, or Piazza del popolo montespertoli and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Florence!
Luggage storage nearby most Florence hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Florence and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Florence start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Florence now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Bar Italia, Bar Grazia, and New California. You can also go for a hike around Centro Didattica Ambientale Faunistica Cedaf, F.N. di Nassi Francesco, and Parco Santa Barbara SRL. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Bar Le tavernuzze, Caffè Gilli, and Scudieri.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Florence with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Florence without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Luggage Storage Florence
Located in the middle of Italy, Florence is the capital of Tuscany. This incredible city is also the most populated, with over 383,000 residents. It is also considered to be the birthplace of the Renaissance Era in the 15th century. The city is a tourist attraction where millions flock every year from April through September. In fact, tourists outnumber the locals at that time of year. The main attractions are the Accademia and Uffizi Museums, which are typically sold out during the busy season.
The City of Florence is famous for its art and culture, which include sculptures like Michelangelo's David as well as works done by Donatello and Leonardo da Vinci. Music in Florence is also popular, including Italian Renaissance, opera, symphonies, and compositions. It is the ideal place for museums and shopping, too.
Bounce has plenty of convenient luggage storage facilities in Florence where you can leave your luggage while you explore the city. Up to $10,000 BounceShield™ Protection, you won't have to worry about the safety and security of your belongings. Just book your storage space on the Bounce app and stow your bags on the way to wherever you want to go.
Luggage Storage in Florence
Florence is a compact city, yet has a ton of things to do. We're travelers, too, and know you won't want to miss a single thing while here. Our luggage storage service offers a concierge approach to luggage storage and rivals the use of traditional luggage lockers. Instead of trying to cram your bags into self service lockers we offer affordable storage options for bags big and small. Leave your belongings for as long as you need, and pay one fee per day.
Florence City Guide
Top Things to Do
Florence is full of history and exciting places to enjoy. Rich in culture and even more bountiful in scenery, you've got to see it all. Learn about the Renaissance Era from the many museums and art galleries or check out some of the fantastic dining spots in the city. And don't forget to hit up some of the unique shops and boutiques around Florence so you can get some souvenirs for the folks back home.
The City of Florence has more than 70 museums. From art museums to living museums, science centers, and cultural buildings, take your time and peruse them all. Don't forget to visit these three places that are not to be missed:
- Bargello National Museum: This fantastic art museum on Via del Proconsolo, less than a half-mile from the city, is filled with both Medieval and Renaissance sculptures by Michelangelo and other famous artists. It has been showing off these works of art since 1865 and was Italy's first national museum.
- Museo Galileo: Just about a half-mile from the city center, the collection of artifacts from the 15th and 16th centuries takes you on a journey back in time. Located on Piazza dei Giudici, they have been in business since 1927 with collections of Medici, Lorenese, and others.
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum: This interactive museum features reproductions of Leonardo da Vinci and inventions you can try. Head two miles to the north on Via dei Servi for a unique way to enjoy history. Stop by their bookstore on your way out to get some gifts. Choose souvenirs all about the Renaissance Genius as well as da Vinci's works of art.
One thing to keep in mind is that these museums do have strict bag policies in order to protect their incredible art collections. Bounce does have luggage storage locations close to these top museums, so if you have a large backpack or purse consider stopping by our secure storage before heading over to a museum.
No matter what else you do in Florence, do not miss out on the shopping in this historic and beautiful city. There are literally thousands of shops, boutiques, and kiosks everywhere you look. Whether you are browsing for souvenirs for your loved ones back at home or looking for something specific for yourself, you will be able to find it all here.
- San Lorenzo Market: Two miles north of the City of Florence, the San Lorenzo Market, or Mercato di San Lorenzo, has a little bit of everything. The indoor/outdoor market has hundreds of stalls and booths offering everything from food to artwork. You can also find souvenirs here that are handmade by locals. The outdoor section has several streets full of vendors with items made by hand for that one-of-a-kind gift for your special someone. The inside is all about food. See gourmet foods and a seating area for resting.
- Via de' Tornabuoni: For those looking for designer goods, the Via de' Tornabuoni has plenty of names for you, such as Prada, Bulgari, Gucci, and many more. This is a street just for pedestrians lined with fantastic places to find the best of the best, just for you. Or for someone you love. Looking for some sensual scents? Head down to the basement of Palazzo Spini Feroni, (the home of Ferragamo) to Olfattorio Bar a Parfums.
- Via de' Martelli: Looking for some reading material or even a rare book for that someone special who likes unique items? Venture less than a mile from the city to Via de' Martelli. Libreia Giomi has thousands of rare books from many genres and authors from Mario Soldati's L'architetto to the Works of Guido Bezzola. Libreria Niccolini is a bookshop chain where you can get just about anything you are looking for. Rossi Francesco is a quiet bookstore with unique and modern books at affordable prices.
Luggage storage in Florence is the perfect solution if you have found your arms weighed down with shopping bags. Bounce's baggage storage facilities will store more than just your luggage. Our luggage storage locations offer different opening hours and are easy access to places like the Santa Maria Novella train station or the Uffizi Gallery.
From fast food kiosks selling pretzels and other snacks to full-service establishments with gourmet food, you can find over 100 eateries in Florence. They have sophisticated places for fine dining as well as family-friendly spots where you can take the kids. Here are some favorites:
- Via Lambertesca: Along Via Lambertesca, you can find several places to choose from for a bite to eat. If you are hungry for pizza, hit the Mangia Pizza Firenze. Right next door is the Tuscan Ristorante Il Ricettario, where you can dine in style. Vecchio Vicolo is next in line and serves pasta, veal, seafood, and other delights with local produce in an informal setting. You can enjoy some truffles and game in the sophisticated Degusteria Italiana, right next to Vecchio Vicolo. Finally, the cozy Trattoria Antico Fattore has been serving fine Italian cuisine since 1865 and is extremely popular with locals and tourists.
- Gecko Florence Bar & Grill: Looking for a nice comfortable place to enjoy a beer and a burger? Across the Amo River on Via dei Renai, Gecko Florence Bar & Grill has a homey atmosphere with fresh food and a variety of beers as well as other drinks. From Florentine steaks to barbecue burgers and ribs, you will feel right at home while you take care of your hunger pains.
- Freddy Donner Kebab Fast Food: How about some kebabs? Freddy Donner Kebab Fast Food is a fantastic place to grab some quick eats. Located on Piazza del Mercato Centrale about three miles from the City of Florence, pre-order your food and pick it up or enjoy a meal at one of their many tables. The atmosphere is casual and family-friendly.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Florence?
The price for luggage storage in Florence is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Florence?
There are multiple locations all around Florence which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Castello di Volpaia, Castello di Poppiano, Piazza del popolo montespertoli and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Florence?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Florence.
Are there storage lockers in Florence?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Florence. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Florence where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Florence?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Piazza Del Mercato Centrale (Mercato Centrale), McDonald's, and Trattoria Zà Zà. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Florence are Hotel Ambasciatori, Il Porcellino, and Hotel Spadai.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Florence?
Florence offers several scenic parks including Parco delle Cascine, Giardino di Campo di Marte, and Giardino della Fortezza.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Florence?
You can find local tourist information at 500 Touring Club, Centro di Studi Turistici, and O.I.C. SRL.