Luggage Storage Santa Maria Novella
Instantly reserve the best locations near Santa Maria Novella to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Santa Maria Novella Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 20, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Santa Maria Novella?" Perhaps you just arrived in Florence and need a place to store your bags near Santa Maria Novella before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at I Gigli Shopping Centre (Centro Commerciale I Gigli), Cos, or Massimo Dutti and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Castello di Volpaia, Castello di Poppiano, or Piazza del popolo montespertoli .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Santa Maria Novella!
Luggage storage nearby Santa Maria Novella with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Florence with multiple locations near Santa Maria Novella.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Santa Maria Novella area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Santa Maria Novella area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Bar Grazia, Bar Italia, and New California. You can also go for a hike around Centro Didattica Ambientale Faunistica Cedaf, F.N. di Nassi Francesco, and Parco Santa Barbara SRL. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Caffè Gilli, Scudieri, and J.J Cathedral Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Santa Maria Novella area?
✅Multiple locations near Santa Maria Novella✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Santa Maria Novella with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Santa Maria Novella really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Santa Maria Novella and Florence without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Florence!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Florence!View City
About Santa Maria Novella
Santa Maria Novella is Florence's main train station, and therefore the gateway to the city for the vast majority of its 16 million annual visitors. With the addition of local travelers, Santa Maria Novella station handles almost 60 million passengers a year. As a result, it's always a busy place.
Designed in 1932 and opened in 1934, the station is a classic example of Italian modernist architecture. Opened during the heyday of Benito Mussolini's rule, the building has been described as resembling the symbol of Italian fascism, the axe or fasces from which the movement took its name. However, this resemblance is coincidental and was never part of the station's design.
You can see a more accurate sign of the times in which the station was built on platform 16. The station contains a memorial to the Jews and other prisoners who transported from the train station to concentration camps during World War II.
Santa Maria Novella station takes its name from the grand church opposite. The moment you step out of the station, you'll be greeted by some of Florence's characteristic Renaissance architecture. The station sits just to the west of the old part of Florence, and is only a short walk away from many of the city's most popular attractions.
Things to do near Santa Maria Novella
The train station's central location means you don't need to wait to explore. Drop your bags nearby, and you'll find yourself wandering the charming streets of Florence in no time at all. Many of Florence's most interesting attractions are far closer to the station than you might think.
- Get your first taste of Florence's famous architecture at the church of Santa Maria Novella. Built in 1470, this is the oldest of Florence's great basilicas. Just across the street from the train station and accessed via a pedestrian concourse, the church's colorful façade is the perfect introduction to Renaissance Florence.
- Shop the way Dante might have done at the world's oldest pharmacy. This unique store has been continuously operating in the same location since 1221. The products are still made to the same medieval recipes used by the monks who founded it. A gift from the Santa Maria Novella pharmacy is something truly unique.
- Go shopping on Via de' Tornabuoni. Florence's most famous shopping street is home to luxury brands by all the top Italian and international designers.
- Visit the Mercato di San Lorenzo. The 19th-century market hall houses gourmet food stalls where you can treat yourself to legendary Tuscan cuisine. And the many stalls in the streets surrounding the market offer the leather goods Florence is known for, as well as souvenirs and other items.
- Take in the city from the Piazzale Michelangelo. This public square offers a panoramic view of Florence, and is the perfect place to capture a shot of the red-roofed skyline against the hills of Tuscany. Try visiting near sunset for the best possible view.
Transit options near Santa Maria Novella
- The train station lies on the high-speed line from Turin to Rome and points further south. High-speed trains connect the station to all of Italy’s major cities.
- Buses 6, 11, and 14 connect the station with the heart of Florence. It’s only a 10-minute walk from the station to the center of town, but it’s good to know there are transit options if you need them.
- Tram T2 and a shuttle bus connect Santa Maria Novella train station to Florence Airport.
Luggage storage near Santa Maria Novella
The central location of the city’s main train station makes it easy to explore the city on foot. Before setting out, you'll want to make sure your bags are safely stored at a Florence luggage storage shop. Bounce can put you in touch with local service providers near Santa Maria Novella so you can store your possessions and get on with exploring the city.
Attractions and Activities near Santa Maria Novella
- Uffizi Gallery: The Uffizi gallery is without a doubt one of the world's greatest art galleries. Home to masterpieces by Rembrandt, Artemisia Gentileschi, Caravaggio, Titian, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Botticelli, you could spend hours if not days exploring this staggering collection. Large bags are not allowed in the museum, so make sure you store your luggage near Santa Maria Novella before you visit.
- Cappelle Medicee: Rub shoulders with the rich and powerful at the Cappelle Medicee. The Medici family ruled Florence for almost 300 years, starting in 1434. It was Medici money that funded the explosion of Italian art we now call the Renaissance. Many members of this famous family lie buried in the chapel, parts of which were decorated by Michelangelo.
- Museo Novecento: This minimalist museum allows art lovers a break from the Renaissance in favor of more recent works. Dedicated to Italian art of the 20th and 21st centuries, you may find some new favorites here.
- Museo Salvatore Ferragamo: Established by the legendary Italian designer, this museum tracks the ever-evolving world of high-fashion with a focus on the environmental and social impacts of the business.
- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore: Perhaps Florence's most iconic landmark, the spectacular Cathedral and its famous baptistery are works of art all by themselves. You haven't truly been to Florence until you've climbed to the top of the iconic red dome of this magnificent building.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Santa Maria Novella
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Santa Maria Novella?
The price for luggage storage near Santa Maria Novella is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Santa Maria Novella?
There are multiple locations in the Santa Maria Novella area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Stazione di Empoli, Stazione Montelupo - Capraia, and Prato Central Station (Stazione Prato Centrale) and all over Florence.
Is it safe to store your bags near Santa Maria Novella?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Santa Maria Novella.
Are there storage lockers near Santa Maria Novella?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Santa Maria Novella area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Santa Maria Novella and in the broader Florence area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Santa Maria Novella?
Popular metro stations like T1 - Foggini can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Florence near Santa Maria Novella, you may be close to some bus stations: Fermata Partenze Appennino Shuttle, Autostazione SITA, or ATAF - Piazza San Iacopino. If traveling by train, Firenze Santa Maria Novella Railway Station (ZMS) (Stazione Firenze Santa Maria Novella), Firenze Campo di Marte Railway Station (FIR) (Stazione Firenze Campo di Marte), and T1 - Resistenza are nearest to Santa Maria Novella.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Santa Maria Novella?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Santa Maria Novella are Hotel Ambasciatori, Il Porcellino, and Hotel Spadai. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Santa Maria Novella are Plus Florence, Palazzo Alfieri Residenza D'Epoca, and New Generation Hostel Florence Center.
Where are the best restaurants near Santa Maria Novella?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Santa Maria Novella are Piazza Del Mercato Centrale (Mercato Centrale), McDonald's, and Trattoria Zà Zà.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Santa Maria Novella?
Check out the nearby Parco delle Cascine, Giardino di Campo di Marte, and Giardino della Fortezza.