Luggage Storage Cornavin
Instantly reserve the best locations near Cornavin to store your luggage for just CHF 6.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Cornavin Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 24, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Cornavin?" Perhaps you just arrived in Geneva and need a place to store your bags near Cornavin before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Porte de Nyon, Les Cygnes, or Metroshopping Gare de Genève Cornavin and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Le Creux-de-Genthod, Port de Yvoire, or Pont des Amours .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Cornavin!
Luggage storage nearby Cornavin with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Geneva with multiple locations near Cornavin.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Cornavin area start at just CHF 6.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Cornavin area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cologny View, Auberge d'Hermance, and Fondation Du Parc Zoologique La Garenne. You can also go for a hike around Parc aninalier du Bois de la Bâtie, Dans L'Avion, and Bois de Chêne. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Le Bar des Bergues, Les Brasseurs, and Arthur's Rive-Gauche.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Cornavin area?
✅Multiple locations near Cornavin✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Cornavin with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Cornavin really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Cornavin and Geneva without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Geneva!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Geneva!View City
Cornavin is Geneva’s main train station. It takes its name from the Cornavin area in which it is located, close to the heart of the city. In fact, the central location of the train station makes it very convenient for exploring everything Geneva has to offer.
Geneva's location on the border between Switzerland and France means that the train station has some interesting quirks. For one thing, it has both Swiss and French border controls on certain platforms. Many trains leave Cornavin for France without stopping anywhere in between, so this can be the last port of call outside of France for many passengers. Additionally, the different platforms have different electrical systems. The French trains' platforms use the French electrical system, where the others use the slightly different Swiss system.
First opened in 1858, the station has undergone many reconstructions in the years since then. The most current renovation dates to 2014, making this a very modern station, despite its well-preserved historic charm. In 1956, the station was even featured in a Tintin comic, The Calculus Affair.
Nowadays, Cornavin serves Geneva and the surrounding region as its central rail hub. For many visitors to Geneva and to Switzerland as a whole, this is their first glimpse of this unique country.
Things to do in Cornavin
You don't need to go far from Cornavin station to begin enjoying Geneva. The central location of the station makes it a breeze to explore the city and the vast lake that shares its name. As soon as you step out of Cornavin, you'll find Geneva waiting for you.
- Enjoy a spectacular view at the Jardin Anglais. This lakefront park overlooks Lake Geneva and is the perfect place to relax on a sunny day and watch the world go by.
- On the shores of Lake Geneva, the public baths at Bains des Paquis are one of the city's most unusual attractions. Take a soak in the outdoor pools, or enjoy a sauna in the winter. It's the perfect place to relax right in the heart of the city.
- Get another view of the city with a boat tour on Lake Geneva. Narrated by knowledgeable guides, these tours will explain more about Geneva's history and geology while letting you take in the stunning surroundings.
- Visit the spiritual heart of Geneva at St Pierre Cathedral. This ancient church dates back to 1160 and was the home church of John Calvin, a Protestant leader who founded the Calvinist denomination of Christianity.
- Explore Geneva's history as a center of internationalism at Palais Wilson. This impressive palace was once the home of the League of Nations and was named after President Woodrow Wilson in 1924. It is currently the headquarters of the UN human rights commission.
Transit options in Cornavin
Cornavin station is a destination for trains from both France and Switzerland, including a high-speed TGV train to Paris. There is also a half-hourly service to Geneva airport from Cornavin Station.
- Trams 14, 15, and 18 all stop at the Lyon tram stop immediately north of the station.
- Buses 1, 3, and A2 all stop outside Cornavin station. As Geneva's main train station, Cornavin is the city's transit network central hub, making it easy to reach from just about anywhere in town.
Luggage storage in Cornavin
Geneva is a city blessed with an absolutely stunning natural setting. It’s also a very compact town, with most of the main tourist attractions well within walking distance of one another. For these reasons, walking is often the best way to explore the city.
You can make things easier on yourself by dropping off any heavy bags at a luggage storage near Cornavin station. Bounce can help you find a local business where you can drop off any size of bags for as long as you like while you explore the city.
Activities and attractions near Cornavin
- Lausanne: Whether you get there by train or by taking a ferry over the sparkling waters of Lake Geneva, Lausanne is a town well worth visiting. Home to an Olympic Museum commemorating the story of the games, an impressive Gothic cathedral dating back to the 12th-century, and an iconic wooden tower with panoramic views over the lake, Lausanne is an underrated town that rewards further exploration. Known as the Swiss Riviera, it's also the perfect place to spend a sunny day lazing on the shores of the lake and swimming in the clear water. Make a day trip easier on yourself by leaving your bags behind at a luggage storage locker at Cornavin station.
- Annecy: Head over the border into France and explore the medieval town of Annecy. Known for its ancient half-timbered buildings, Annecy is best seen on market day, when the town square comes to life with traders and shoppers. The quaint town center is about the closest thing you'll get to traveling back in time, and at only an hour and a half by train from Cornavin, it makes the perfect day trip from Switzerland. Leave any heavy bags behind at a Bounce luggage storage shop in Geneva so you can wander this charming town unencumbered.
- Parc Naturel Regional Jura Vaudois: Get away from it all at the Parc Naturel Regional Jura Vaudois. This sprawling regional park preserves a large area of countryside outside Geneva and is the perfect place to get in touch with nature. Enjoy the many hiking trails through the woods or lose yourself in the medieval villages that feel a long way away from the international city. If you happen to visit in the fall, the park is alive with people foraging for mushrooms, an activity that has been going on in the area for centuries.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Cornavin
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Cornavin?
The price for luggage storage near Cornavin is just CHF 6.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Cornavin?
There are multiple locations in the Cornavin area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near C-gates Passport Control, Geneva Cointrin Airport (GVA) (Aéroport de Genève Cointrin), and Gare de Rolle and all over Geneva.
Is it safe to store your bags near Cornavin?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Cornavin.
Are there storage lockers near Cornavin?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Cornavin area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Cornavin and in the broader Geneva area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Cornavin?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Cornavin are La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa, Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, and Hotel Warwick Geneva. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Cornavin are Cern, Geneva Hostel, and City Hostel Geneva.
Where are the best restaurants near Cornavin?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Cornavin are Le Café F., Le Rouelbeau, and Starbucks.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Cornavin?
Check out the nearby Jardin Anglais, Parc des Bastions, and Parc La Grange.