Luggage Storage in Waikiki
Instantly reserve the best locations near Waikiki to store your luggage for just $5.90/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Waikiki Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 22, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Waikiki?" Perhaps you just arrived in Honolulu and need a place to store your bags near Waikiki before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Ka Makana Ali'i, Hawaii Kai Towne Center, or Town Center of Mililani and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Kailua Beach Park, Waimanalo Beach Park, or Waikīkī Beach .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Waikiki!
Luggage storage nearby Waikiki with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Honolulu with multiple locations near Waikiki.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Waikiki area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Waikiki area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Dole Plantation Garden, Starbucks, and Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden. You can also go for a hike around Diamond Head Trail, Jurassic Park, and Lanikai Pillboxes Hike. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Splash Bar & Bento, Tapa Bar, and Cheeseburger in Paradise.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Waikiki area?
✅Multiple locations near Waikiki✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Waikiki with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Waikiki really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Waikiki and Honolulu without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Honolulu!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Honolulu!View City
Waikiki, situated on the south shore of Honolulu, is a world-renowned neighborhood that was first introduced to the world in 1901, after the completion of its first hotel, the Moana Surfrider. Waikiki, which means “spouting waters” in Hawaiian, once served as a playground for the royalty of Hawaii. Over the years up until today, it has become one of the most sought-after holiday destinations and a bustling social venue for tourists from all over the world. Despite its size (encompassing only a mere 1.5 square miles), Waikiki draws nearly 5 million visitors every year, which says a lot about its beauty and charm. If there’s one thing that Waikiki is most famous for, it’s definitely for its beaches. The crystal blue water and Mount Leahi as the backdrop, the beaches in this neighborhood are indeed unlike any other. However, there’s more to Waikiki than just its shores; the community is filled with opportunities for fun, such as shopping, dining, water sports, and more. Whether you are a Hawaiian local or a tourist, consider using Bounce’s services. We offer short-term storage for your bags and have partners across Waikiki to make your time here convenient and hassle-free.
Things to Do in Waikiki
The Honolulu neighborhood of Waikiki has been a vacation destination for hundreds of years. In fact, during the 1800s, Hawaiian royalty used to visit and spend their time here. While the white sand beaches are what made Waikiki the world-class spot that it currently is, some numerous other places and activities are worth checking out. See all that Waikiki has to offer with Bounce’s list of top things to do.
- Waikiki Beach is the neighborhood’s most visited attraction, where guests can sunbathe, swim, and simply enjoy the beach. Divided into eight different sections, there is plenty to see and do at Waikiki Beach.
- Hiking the Diamond Head is undoubtedly one of the “must-dos” in Waikiki. This easy hike takes about half an hour and gives you a stunning view of Honolulu and the beach.
- Surfing is a popular activity for Hawaiians, and there’s no better place to do it than in Waikiki. Surfing instructors and surfboard rentals are available in the majority of the beaches in the neighborhood.
- Discover more of the underwater world at the Waikiki Aquarium, which gives you a glimpse of the Pacific’s impressive aquatic life, including an array of reef sharks, lionfish, corals, nautiluses and more.
- Go for a stroll along Kalakaua Avenue, aka “Heart of Waikiki, and check out the myriad of shops, restaurants, and hotels.
- Visit the Moana Surfrider, formerly known as Moana Hotel, which was the first hotel built in Waikiki.
- Try out local Hawaiian cuisine, such as the famous Poke bowl.
- Go to Kuhio Beach Stage and watch an hour-long hula show that usually starts at sunset hour.
- Drive over to Tantalus Lookout, which offers the best views of Waikiki and the most beautiful spot for sunset-watching.
- Watch The Hilton Hotel’s spectacular fireworks display on a Friday night.
- Board a hop-on/hop-off trolley that tours you around Waikiki and Honolulu.
Transit Options in Waikiki
- TheBus Transit
- Waikiki Trolley
Luggage Storage in Waikiki
Gorgeous Waikiki has so much to offer for people who want to have a good time. History buffs can get their fill here, and foodies can eat all day long. Or, if it's a day full of shopping, a morning of scheduled meetings, or a relaxing afternoon in the sun, opt to leave your gear with a Bounce partner. Then, the freedom is yours to move about and explore as you wish.
Luggage Storage Options in Waikiki
- U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Park: Stationed in Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial Park honors the fallen soldiers of the infamous bombing by the Japanese fleet. The facility houses some artifacts from WWII and explains the events that led to the fateful attack. Store your things at a Bounce partner before making your way to the museum as large bags are not allowed inside.
- Iolani Palace: Located in South King Street, the Iolani Palace is the only royal palace in the United States. This stunning building once served as the residence for Hawaiian royalty. Today, it’s a tourist attraction that gives a glimpse into the life of former monarchs. Since visitors are not allowed to carry big backpacks or luggage, opt to leave your bag with a Bounce partner near South King St.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve: Found along Hanauma Bay Road, this bay is the best spot in Hawaii for snorkeling. It’s not like any other beach in Honolulu; it is a protected area dedicated to preserving marine life. Before you go on your snorkel tour, safely store your things with a Bounce partner near you.
- US Army Museum of Hawaii: This small military museum, found inside Fort DeRussy Military Reservation, houses a variety of weapons, uniforms, and artifacts from different war periods. Since there is no area for big bags inside the museum, drop off your things at a nearby Bounce partner.
- Sea Life Park Hawaii: This marine life park, aquarium, and bird sanctuary in Waimanalo lets visitors get up close and personal with different species of animals. It houses a 300,000-gallon tank where sea lions and dolphins put on acrobatic shows. To have a hassle-free experience, store your bags with one of Bounce’s partners in the Waimanalo area.
- Bishop Museum: Located just west of town in the Kalihi district, this museum preserves and puts on display historical artworks from ancient Hawaiians, such as royal heirlooms and Polynesian artifacts. With the museum having a strict “no big bag policy,” the alternative is to use one of Bounce’s partners located in the district of Kalihi.
- Ala Moana Center: This is Hawaii’s biggest shopping center, located in the neighborhood of Ala Moana, just minutes away from the more popular Waikiki. This open-air complex has over 350 vendors and is the best place to shop ‘til you drop. For a hassle-free shopping experience, store your big luggage in a Bounce partner within the Ala Moana neighborhood.
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific: This cemetery, more commonly known as Punchbowl Cemetery (because of its location inside the Punchbowl Crater), was built in 1948 as a final resting place for American soldiers who died during WWII. Get rid of the burden of carrying your bag around by using Bounce’s storage services at a location near you.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Waikiki
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Waikiki?
The price for luggage storage near Waikiki is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Waikiki?
There are multiple locations in the Waikiki area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Terminal 2, Terminal 1, and Central Concourse and all over Honolulu.
Is it safe to store your bags near Waikiki?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Waikiki.
Are there storage lockers near Waikiki?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Waikiki area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Waikiki and in the broader Honolulu area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Waikiki?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Waikiki are Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Sheraton Waikiki, and Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Waikiki are Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki, Polynesian Hostel Beach Club, and The Plumeria.
Where are the best restaurants near Waikiki?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Waikiki are Duke's Waikiki, Maui Brewing Company - Waikiki, and Azure - The Royal Hawaiian.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Waikiki?
Check out the nearby Kapiolani Park, Magic Island, and Ala Wai Community Park.