Rated 4.9/5 (153,790 ratings)
Luggage Storage Lucca
Instantly reserve the best locations in Lucca to store your luggage for just €5.00 per 24h/bag
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Luggage storage nearby most
Lucca Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Lucca?" Perhaps you just arrived in Lucca and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Commerciale Fonti Del Corallo, Elleffe SRL, or H&M and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Certosa di Pisa, Tower of Pisa (Torre di Pisa), or Pieve Romanica di San Giovanni Apostolo and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Lucca!
Luggage storage nearby most Lucca hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Lucca and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Lucca start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Lucca now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Fanatiko - Snacks Music e Co, La Borsa, and Bar L'Oasi. You can also go for a hike around Sottopassaggio di Visignano, Antro Del Corchia SRL, and Oasi Massaciuccoli. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Ottavo Nano, Colibrì, and Snack Bar Quadrifoglio.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Lucca with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Lucca without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Lucca is in northern Italy, close to the west coast of the peninsula and the Ligurian Sea. Occupying a fertile plain with a backdrop of impressive mountains, Lucca is a picture-perfect example of a historic Tuscan town.
Lucca's origins go back as far as the Etruscan civilization, but it became a Roman town in 180 BC. The modern city still preserves the grid laid out by the Romans, and traces of their presence can be seen at the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro and other locations throughout the town.
After the fall of the Roman Empire, Lucca became a center of Jewish life and an important town in the silk trade. In 1160, Lucca proclaimed itself an independent city and stayed that way for almost 500 years. Despite occasional wars with nearby Florence and other powerful states, Lucca was able to manage its own affairs as a Republican until 1805, when Napoleon Bonaparte conquered the city and installed his sister as its ruler. In the mid-19th century, Lucca finally became part of Tuscany, and shortly after joined a unified Italy in 1860.
As a small independent city surrounded by powerful rivals, Lucca developed impressive city walls that still define the town today. In recent times, the city has become known for its festivals, including the Lucca Summer Festival, which hosts some of the biggest names in music from around the world, and the Lucca Comics and Games festival, Europe's biggest festival of its kind.
Things to do in Lucca
As a city with a long and fascinating history, Lucca has plenty of unique attractions to offer. This well-preserved town offers a glimpse back to the glory of the Italian Renaissance, and several of its iconic monuments are not to be missed.
- See the spiritual heart of the city at Lucca Cathedral. This impressive building dates back to 1063, and the Cathedral has been expanded many times since then. The Cathedral is home to priceless works of art by Tintoretto and Ghirlandaio, among others. It also has an unusual labyrinth with an inscription that refers to pagan mythology.
- Explore Lucca's ancient defenses with a walk along the city walls. Lucca has been a walled city for almost its entire existence, but it's the Renaissance walls, built in 1545, that are the most impressive. They make a great place to walk and get excellent views over the city.
- Take in the vibrant atmosphere of Lucca at the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro. Nothing remains of the Roman amphitheater that once stood on the site, but the buildings around this public square follow the oval shape of the ancient arena. It's a great place to enjoy a coffee at one of the many cafés and restaurants and watch the world go by.
- Get above it all at the Torre Guinigi. Lucca has many ancient towers, but this one is perhaps the most unusual. Built as a home in 1384, it's worth the climb up the 230 steps to reach the rooftop garden and its spectacular views over the city.
- See how the aristocrats lived at the Villa Mansi. This sprawling mansion dates back to the 16th century and was built as a country retreat for the wealthy Benedetti family. These days, the Villa and its manicured grounds function as a museum dedicated to the lifestyle of the Renaissance nobility.
Transit options in Lucca
- Lucca's train station is in Piazza Ricasoli, just outside the ancient walls. From here, regular trains go to Pisa, Florence, and other Italian cities further afield.
- Pisa is the closest international airport to Lucca. You can travel by train from Pisa airport to Pisa's main train station and from there, take a 20-minute train ride to Lucca.
- Lucca's main bus station is inside the walls at Piazzale Verdi. Local operator VaiBus provides services to the city's main attractions, while long-distance buses also depart from here to other destinations throughout Tuscany and Italy.
Luggage storage in Lucca
With the heart of the city enclosed by the ancient walls, Lucca is a fantastic place to explore on foot. Motor vehicles are prohibited in the ancient heart of the town, so a visit to Lucca means you'll get plenty of walking done.
Make the trip easier on yourself by dropping off heavy bags at a Bounce luggage storage location in Lucca. Store any size of bags for as long as you like and know that they will be safely looked after until you come to pick them up.
Activities and attractions near Lucca
- Leaning Tower of Pisa: This icon of Italy is one of the most famous buildings in the world. Pisa can be reached via a 20-minute train ride from Lucca, and it's worth making the journey just for the photo opportunity with the iconic tower. However, Pisa has more to offer than just its tower. Its Cathedral, baptistery, and art gallery are all worth a visit, and there are also plenty of great restaurants to explore Tuscan cuisine. Since the train ride from Lucca is so short, you can easily leave your bags at a luggage storage in Lucca and travel light to this popular destination.
- Parco Alpi Apuane: If you're looking to spend some time in nature, the Parco Alpi Apuane is the place to go. Around an hour and a half from Lucca, this sprawling park is one of Italy's foremost mountain regions. Hike the trails, paddle in the lakes and rivers, and enjoy the natural splendor of Italy far away from the crowds of the busy cities. Don't forget to drop off heavy bags at a Lucca luggage storage shop to make your trip more pleasant.
- Livorno: One of Italy's major ports, the ancient fortified city of Livorno is only a short distance from Lucca and provides a wonderful day trip from the city. Visit historic forts, wander along the seafront promenade, and enjoy some of the freshest seafood you'll find anywhere in this scenic coastal town. Don't forget to drop off any heavy bags at a luggage storage facility in Lucca before you visit.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Lucca?
The price for luggage storage in Lucca is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Lucca?
There are multiple locations all around Lucca which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Certosa di Pisa, Tower of Pisa (Torre di Pisa), Pieve Romanica di San Giovanni Apostolo and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Lucca?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Lucca.
Are there storage lockers in Lucca?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Lucca. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Lucca where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Lucca?
The most popular restaurants to visit are McDonald's, Fuori dal Centro, and Pizzeria Zio Jo. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Lucca are Hotel Hambros Il Parco, Agriturismo Ai Linchi, and Fabbrica di San Martino.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Lucca?
Lucca offers several scenic parks including Parco Giochi di Via Salicchi, OTTO Sindaco dei Cani di Lucca, and Happy Time.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Lucca?
You can find local tourist information at Colle di Bordocheo, Tuscany Ride a Bike, and Penta Travel Service SRL.