+8000 locations reviewed to keep your luggage safe
Luggage Storage Split
Freedom to explore for €5.00/day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Your Split Guides
Luggage storage nearby most
Split Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 27, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage in Split?" Perhaps you just arrived in Split and need a place to store your bags before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Marisa, H&M, or Reserved and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on at Gradska plaža Omiš, Camping Aloa, or Trajektno pristanište Supetar and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage in Split!
Luggage storage nearby most Split hotspots
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Split and the world.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in Split start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in Split now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Caffe bar Park, Čokolada, and Caffe bar Kauri. You can also go for a hike around Marjanske skale, Fortica Omiš, and Zidovsky Prolaz. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Caffe Bar Riva, Caffe Bar VOX, and Lounge Bar Grey.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
How do I store luggage in Split with Bounce?
You can store your luggage very quickly and easily. Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Split without your things!
Bounce is trusted by 100,000+ customers, worldwide
We have locations everywhere. Find luggage storage near you.
Store your bags wherever in the world you find yourself.
$10,000 of coverage means peace of mind that your things are safe.
Half the price of station lockers
Highest value, maximum affordability
99.99% Bags Kept Safe
Store with confidence - Bounce has the highest security standards worldwide!
Modern cities don’t get more historic than Split, Croatia. Its stretch of coastal land has been in demand for thousands of years, primarily due to its desirable coastal climate and naturally-fortified terrain.
Rugged mountains and inland waters of the Adriatic Sea surround the picturesque port city of Split. Shipbuilding, goods and passenger transport, and fishing have sustained the region’s economy for centuries.
In Split’s diverse cityscape, bustling boardwalks and contemporary galleries stand amid Roman palaces and 1,500-year-old limestone structures. The city’s dining scene is as varied as its sights, and as Croatia’s cultural hub, Split is also home to an array of museums and galleries and boasts a bumping music scene.
Split is an easy-to-access city, and its transportation networks align with its big-city status. The Split Airport welcomes regional, continental, and international flights, and the Split Suburban Railway services stops along the city’s northern coast. And when a stay extends for more than a day, the elegant yet eclectic lodging options in Split don’t disappoint.
Fun Fact: Split is said to have gotten its name from the Spanish broom plants (locally known as brnistra) that grow in the city’s hillsides.
Things to do in Split
Slip into Split’s seaside setting, and you’re in for a treat. As the capital city of Croatia’s Dalmatia region, Split features beaches, exotic eateries, and ancient sites sure to impress even the most seasoned history-driven explorers.
Stay awhile, and you can split your overnights between boutique hotels with balconies overlooking the city and residence-style lodging with rooftop pools and sea views. The days, though, should be reserved for experiencing Split’s top attractions.
- Shop like a local at Split’s Green Market (also called Pazar). Fresh produce, meats, and cheeses are offered at this daily market. Be sure to show up with your best haggling game; prices here are often negotiable.
- Simmer on the sandy shores of Bačvice Beach. Stay for an hour or a day – the beach features restrooms and showers, and numerous dining options are nearby.
- Delve into Split’s shipbuilding history at the Croatian Maritime Museum.
- Take in the serene sights of Sustipan, a lush, sprawling park on the city’s southwestern edge.
- Sneak through Street Let Me Pass, the narrowest road in Europe. Claustrophobics, beware; the street is wide enough to accommodate one average-sized adult at a time.
- Splash into the scenery with a Split sea kayak tour.
- Dine on local cuisine like ćevapi (grilled minced meat) at Ba!Će.
- Wind down with a Karlovačko beer or, for something sweeter, a glass of prošek, one of Croatia’s most popular dessert wines.
Transit Options in Split
- Rail (Croatian Railway Network / Split Suburban Railway)
- Air (Split Airport aka Resnik Airport)
- Boat (Port of Split)
Luggage Storage in Split
Whether you’re here for the pristine beaches and spectacular scenery or it’s all about business during your stay, a trip to Split is sure to impress. And seaside vibes don’t end in this sparkling city; other towns in the Dalmatia region have a lot to offer, too.
While exploring Dalmatia’s best attractions, don’t get bogged down by bags. Find Bounce luggage storage near Split, and you can secure your gear until you’re ready for it.
Attractions and activities near Split
- Klis Fortress: This 2,000-year-old castle was constructed in the mountains that tower over Split. A scenic 20-minute bus ride separates Split from the fortress, and tourist traffic here tends to be moderate. Visit Klis Fortress, and you can wander through stone corridors, stand on cliffside ledges, and take in amazing views of the countryside. Aside from structural restorations, minimal modifications have been made to the castle over the centuries, and visitors are free to roam throughout. Game of Thrones fans may recognize the towering mountainside structure; Klis Fortress’ ancient lines and imposing presence made it an ideal, “plug-and-play” filming location. Both TV-show-themed and standard guided tours are offered, too, so visitors can get a little extra insight into the property and its fascinating past.
- Diocletian’s Palace: For some Roman ruins immersion, don’t miss this 4th-century fortification. When it was constructed, the multi-purpose property simultaneously served as a royal retreat, a center for ceremonies, and a military camp. Over 200 buildings are housed within the palace walls, and there’s much to explore during a visit. Within Diocletian’s Palace, medieval meets modern. Here, Roman architectural remnants meld with contemporary construction, transitioning the palace into one of the city’s main hubs, with residences, restaurants, and shops planted throughout the sprawling property. Top spots to check out here include the Riva seafront walk, the palace’s four distinct gates, and the Cathedral of Saint Domnius. Below the palace, you’ll find the well-preserved Diocletian Palace Substructures. In ancient times, the space was used for storage and at times...sewage. Now, cultural events and souvenir shops are often held within these cavernous, subterranean rooms.
- Marjan Forest Park: Flanking Split’s western edge, this diverse greenspace holds some of the city’s best vantage points, hiking trails, and historical structures. The park can be accessed on foot via the Marjan Hill Stairs or from the charming Varos Neighborhood. Before you hit the hills, drop off your extra bags at a Split luggage storage site so you can enjoy this natural gem bag-free. The hike takes about 30 minutes to complete and can get a bit strenuous at points, but the views from the top make it worthwhile. Buses also run up to the park, so visitors hoping to avoid the extra physical exertion can enjoy a relaxing ride to the park instead. Among the park’s hillside overlooks and forested paths are several ancient structures. Don’t miss the Church of St. Nicholas, the Old Jewish Cemetery, and the cliffside cave dwellings of Karepic’s Tower.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage in Split?
The price for luggage storage in Split is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage in Split?
There are multiple locations all around Split which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Gradska plaža Omiš, Camping Aloa, Trajektno pristanište Supetar and many other areas.
Is it safe to store your bags in Split?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage in Split.
Are there storage lockers in Split?
Yes. There are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in Split. Bounce has multiple locations throughout Split where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee.
Where are the best places to stay and eat while in Split?
The most popular restaurants to visit are Odmor grill, Pekarna Hrstić, and McDonald's. Additionally, the highest ranked hotels within Split are Hotel Ora, Hotel As, and Hotel President Solin.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions in Split?
Split offers several scenic parks including Park Śuma Marjan, Park, and Park Zvončac.
Where can I find tourist information and guideposts in Split?
You can find local tourist information at Split Sightseeing, Turistička Zajednica Grada Splita, and Tourist Board Split Peristil.