Located on the southern shore of Lake Erie, Cleveland is the biggest city in the state of Ohio. Home to some of the state's top cultural institutions and sports teams, Cleveland is a popular city with music lovers and outdoors types. But part of Cleveland's appeal is that it isn't too big. The city's main attractions are mostly close together, and you can see a lot of what the city has to offer without becoming overwhelmed.
Cleveland isn’t in the top tier of American cities to visit the way New York, San Francisco, and Orlando are. But this Ohioan city offers a completely different experience from the usual metropolises. Plus, the city has made great efforts to increase its appeal to tourists in recent years. Drop off your bags at a luggage locker in Cleveland and see for yourself what the Forest City has to offer. Like most visitors to Cleveland, you may be surprised by how much there is to see and do.
A weekend in Cleveland
A weekend in Cleveland is ideal to see most of the city's main attractions. With a couple of days to spare, you can get a good sense of what the city has to offer. Drop off your bags at a Cleveland luggage storage service and see what makes the city so special.
- The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame is Cleveland's top attraction. Housed in a unique modern building, this museum celebrates the story of a uniquely American art form. The exhibits are always changing, meaning you can visit this unique museum again and again to see artifacts from the history of popular music.
- Learn more about the world we live in at the Great Lakes Science Center. Housed on the shore of Lake Erie, the Science Center utilizes hands-on exhibits to teach visitors more about the natural world and the cutting edge of science.
- The USS Cod is a relic of the Second World War that now sits at dock in Cleveland. Climb aboard the submarine to see what life was like for the men who served on this vessel during the battle of the Pacific.
Although Cleveland is smaller than many more celebrated cities, it's still more than big enough to keep you busy no matter how long you visit for. Make things easier on yourself by dropping off your belongings at a suitcase storage in Cleveland. With your belongings safely looked after, you can explore at your leisure and see more of the city.
Off the beaten path in Cleveland
Some of Cleveland's top attractions, such as the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, were built specifically to attract visitors to the city. But often, what makes a place most interesting is its quirky side, and the attractions you just won't find anywhere else. Luckily, Cleveland has plenty of those too.
- Celebrate the history of female aviation at the International Women's Air and Space Museum. Founded in 1998, this museum is dedicated to women like Viola Gentry and Amelia Earhart who pushed back the boundaries of gender in aviation.
- See the world's largest rubber stamp in Willard Park. This massive open-air sculpture provides a great photo opportunity, and office workers especially will get a kick out of this colossal piece of stationary. There are also often food trucks in the area and live music performances.
- The 1983 movie A Christmas Story is a perennial favorite. Fans of the movie shouldn't miss the opportunity to visit the house featured in the film. Preserved the way it was for the movie, stepping through the door of this house is like stepping right onto a film set.
What to do alone in Cleveland
Cleveland is both safe and friendly, making it an excellent place to explore by yourself. Whatever you like to do, chances are good you can find it here. Leave your bags safe at a Cleveland bag storage and enjoy the city.
- The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is the current home of Lucy, a three million-year-old ancestor of our own species. It's also home to the always popular dinosaur skeletons and is a fascinating place to visit on a trip to Cleveland.
- The Westside Market is the oldest in the city, running since 1912. Taking place five days a week, the market is home to over 100 traders selling food, clothing, souvenirs, and just about everything else.
- Take a journey under the waves at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. This state-of-the-art facility houses fish and other marine life from the Great Lakes and from around the world, making it a worthwhile place to visit to explore the natural world.
The best souvenirs in Cleveland
Get some uniquely Cleveland clothing at CLE Clothing Co. This popular store is locally owned and carries clothes emblazoned with the logos of the local sports teams and the iconic sights of the city. For something more upscale, Oceanne makes custom jewelry that you won't find anywhere else and sells iconic "Cleveland babe" shirts that make popular souvenirs. If you're after something a little tastier, Malley's chocolate is the place to go to pick up sweet treats to remind you of your trip.