Dubai Visitor Guide 2023: Everything you need to know
The United Arab Emirates' biggest city Dubai is becoming an increasingly popular destination for jet setters worldwide. Known for its wealthy population and futuristic skyline, Dubai offers many attractions and activities unlike anywhere else in the world.
Dubai is situated on the coast overlooking the Persian Gulf, making it an important port and economic center in the UAE. Modern-day Dubai was originally a small fishing village dating back to the early 18th century. In the 1960s, oil was found just off the coast, leading to a massive economic boom, turning Dubai into one of the world's wealthiest cities.
Today Dubai is expanding more than ever before. It is home to dozens of world-class activities from vast shopping malls to historical museums, sure to please anybody visiting on business or planning a vacation. One of the most famous sights in Dubai is the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
7 Best Ways to Experience Dubai in 2023
Dubai is truly like nowhere else on earth. The mixture of traditional Arab culture and cutting-edge modernity makes it a unique place to visit no matter what you’re interested in. But there’s always more to discover in Dubai, and the best tour companies can help you dive deeper into what it has to offer. Drop off your unneeded bags at a Bounce luggage storage and try out some of these unique activities.
Best hot air balloon tour — Hot Air Balloon Operation
This company may not have the most evocative name in the world, but it doesn’t really matter. The aerial tours sell themselves. Drifting over Dubai in a hot air balloon is a serene way to see the striking architecture and get a glimpse of the desert that surrounds it. Sunset tours are especially stunning, and this will be an adventure you won’t soon forget. Contact them at email@example.com or 97142855682.
Best JetSki tour — Ride in Dubai
If you want a way to experience the city that is guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping, this is it. These exciting tours give you a unique vantage of the city and allow you to enjoy the stunning waters of the Persian Gulf. You can get a quick tour of the most important sites, or enjoy a more lengthy experience by visiting the iconic Jumeira beach. Whatever you choose, it’s sure to be an experience you won’t forget. Contact Ride in Dubai at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971 52 714 2600.
Best desert safari — Adventure Track Tourism
Dubai offers everything you could want from a city. But one of the main attractions of the area lies outside the city itself. It’s the contrast between the glittering ultramodern metropolis and the ancient desert beyond it that makes Dubai so striking. Explore the desert with Adventure Track tourism. You can take a morning tour to drink in the barren beauty before the sun gets too hot, or an evening tour so that you can see the desert by sunset. Learn more about the wildlife, natural history, and culture of the desert on one of these fascinating tours. Contact Adventure Track at email@example.com or 971527101042.
Best boat tour — Hero OdySea
This desert city is located by the sea, and seeing it by boat gives you a unique vantage point. Getting out on the water for a 90-minute tour can also help you to beat the heat at least a little. The 90-minute tours will let you see the city’s most important sites, and you get to drive the boat by yourself. You can choose from a day tour or sunset tour, and watching the lights come on in the tall buildings as the sun sets is an experience you won’t soon forget. Book your boat trip at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971 4 440 9827.
Best historical tour — Tour Dubai
Few cities in the world have changed more profoundly in a shorter space of time than Dubai. Oil wealth has transformed the city, making it a regional powerhouse. To learn more about the story of the city, call Tour Dubai and take one of their cruises. Sailing over the ocean in a traditional dhow boat, you’ll learn more about the traditional culture of this hypermodern nation. If you’re traveling with kids, you might also consider that pirate-themed cruise for a real adventure. Contact them at email@example.com or 97143368407.
Best excursions — Travel Desert Safari Dubai
No matter what you like to do on vacation, Dubai has enough to keep you busy for a long time. But if you want to get out of the city and learn more about the region, this company can help. They offer fascinating trips to let you see more of the United Arab Emirates beyond the city. The full-day trip to Hatta is especially worthwhile, as it lets you see a well-preserved historic town that’s evidence of how life used to be in this country. However, if you don’t have the time for that, they also do shorter tours that can introduce you to the highlights of Dubai. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971547206753.
Best adventure tours — Adventure Tours
The name says it all. Dubai is a great place for the adventurous, and this company offers plenty of activities that will get your heart pumping. You can take a camel ride through the desert the way the Bedouin have for centuries, or get a different perspective on the impressive dunes by sliding over them on a sandboard. Alternatively, you can rip through the desert on an ATV or dune buggy. They even offer an overnight Safari that lets you sleep under the stunning canopy of stars that shines in the desert sky. For an unforgettable adventure on your Dubai vacation, contact Adventure Tours at email@example.com or 971581978686.
A Weekend in Dubai
Planning a short getaway in Dubai? You'll have plenty to discover over a weekend. After dropping your bags off at a Dubai luggage storage service, check out some of the best activities around the city.
- Take in dizzying views from the Burj Khalifa. The world's tallest building stands at over 2,700 feet tall and features observation decks on the 124th and 125th floors.
- Uncover the emirate's history at the Dubai Museum. Housed within an 18th-century fort, the Dubai Museum contains artifacts dating back over 5,000 years.
- Make a splash at the Wild Wadi Waterpark. This famed outdoor water park often ranks among the world's best and boasts the tallest waterslide outside the Americas.
- Chow down at one of the world-class restaurants dotted across Dubai. Some of the city's best options include the Al Dawaar Revolving Restaurant, Pierchic, and Nathan Outlaw Al Mahara.
If you're planning a tour of this remarkable metropolis, you might want to find a convenient luggage storage locker in Dubai. Bounce provides services across the city, where you can stash your belongings before going on a shopping spree at a nearby mall or planning a family day out at one of Dubai's many theme parks. Book through the Bounce app, and discover the best place to store your suitcases in Dubai.
Off the Beaten Path in Dubai
If you're looking to avoid crowds of tourists and get in touch with local nature, consider heading off the beaten path to some of the quieter natural areas near Dubai. Here are a few of the best places to relax across the city.
- Plan a picnic in Sharjah National Park. The largest park in the neighboring emirate of Sharjah, this national park covers over 150 acres of pristine greenery, cycling tracks, and playgrounds.
- Escape the busy city at Al Barsha Pond Park. One of Dubai's smaller parks, the Al Barsha Pond Park features tons of amenities surrounding a man-made lake, with soccer pitches, tennis courts, and much more.
- Top up your tan at Al Mamzar Beach Park. This often-overlooked beach park is one of the most secluded spots near Dubai. It features four separate beaches, complete with dozens of barbecues and several swimming pools.
What to do alone in Dubai
Whether you're road-tripping alone across the United Arab Emirates or you're just looking for something to do between business meetings, Dubai offers a number of solo adventures to enjoy. Check-in at a Dubai storage locker and then check out some of these great attractions for solo explorers.
- Browse the latest fashion at the Dubai Mall. One of the largest in the world, the Dubai Mall contains over 1,200 stores and services, including Tiffany & Co, Bvlgari, and Christian Louboutin.
- Marvel at The Lost Chambers Aquarium. The UAE's largest aquarium is home to over 65,000 aquatic critters and is a great way to kill a few hours.
- Discover the city's original skyline at the Al Fahidi Historical District. Dubai's historic district dates back to the late 19th century and has several fascinating museums and landmarks, such as the Coffee Museum, the XVA Gallery, and the Make Art Café.
The best souvenirs in Dubai
With millions of visitors flocking to Dubai every year, there are dozens of places you can pick up a trinket to remember your trip. You'll find several souvenir stores in shopping districts and malls, including the Dubai Mall and the Mall of the Emirates, where you can grab a small keepsake. If you're looking for something a bit more unique, consider making a trip to the Dubai Spice Souk or the Dubai Gold Souk. In these traditional marketplaces, you can haggle with local sellers for an array of items, from hand-woven rugs to traditional Arabic lamps. If you're looking to travel light on your return home, consider buying a small collection of local herbs and spices to remember your trip.