Vacation destinations don't come much more ideal than Key West. The southernmost city in the United States, Key West is blessed with endless sunshine, gorgeous beaches, and incredible nightlife. You'll find everything that's best about Florida in this place that combines a laid-back Caribbean vibe with an American city's amenities.
A large part of what makes Key West so special is its location. Surrounded by warm, crystal-clear seas, Key West is the perfect place for water activities such as snorkeling, swimming, and diving. Or, if you just want to relax, you won't have to go far to find a stunning sun-warmed beach in the area. Drop off your unneeded bags at a luggage storage service in Key West and see why this city attracts millions of visitors every year.
A weekend in Key West
A weekend in Key West may not be enough to experience everything the city has to offer, but it will allow you to see some of the most impressive sites. Of course, a big part of the charm of Key West is taking your time and relaxing on the beach or in one of the fabulous restaurants in town. So as you go from one attraction to the next, remember to take some time out to soak up the sun.
- Celebrate the life of one of America's most famous writers at the Ernest Hemingway house. Hemingway lived here for around ten years and wrote many of his best-known works at this house. The house remains the home of dozens of polydactyl cats descended from the cats the author used to keep.
- See the legacy of sailing in the area at the Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum. This unique institution allows you to get close to the treasure recovered from centuries of shipwrecks off the coast of Florida.
- Go diving to see the wreck of the Vandenberg. This former Navy ship was sunk in 2009 to create an artificial reef, and is now home to a stunning array of marine species. At a depth of 150 feet, you'll need your scuba certification to dive here, but for avid underwater explorers, it's well worth the trip
Key West lockers
With so much to do in Key West, you'll want to bring a variety of different clothing options. You can make your trip easier on yourself by traveling light. Drop off your unneeded bags at a Key West suitcase storage so that you can explore the city more easily. The lighter you travel, the more fun you'll have.
Off the beaten path in Key West
With the number of tourists Key West gets, it can be hard to believe there's any way to escape the crowds. But you don't have to look far to find some lesser-known but still worthy attractions. Try some of these hidden gems on your trip to Key West.
- See the home of a former president at the Harry S. Truman Little White House. The former president used this building as his winter home, and several other presidents did the same. Now, guided tours explain more about the habits and times of the presidents who lived here.
- Learn more about the ecology of the area at the Florida Keys eco-discovery center. Functioning as an aquarium and sanctuary, this facility is home to many of the creatures that call the Florida coast home. It's a great place to learn more about the natural world while having fun at the same time.
- Get some tranquility at the Key West Garden Club. The beautiful gardens here are the perfect place to unwind surrounded by a variety of plants. You'll find a waterfall and even a Civil War citadel, and ocean views make a visit the perfect way to relax.
What to do alone in Key West
Plenty of people come to Key West to party, but it's also an interesting place to visit by yourself. In the raucous bars in the heart of the city, you'll make friends quickly. And often, when it comes to enjoying Florida's natural beauty, being by yourself is better.
- Enjoy the lively atmosphere at Sunset Celebration. This famous art festival is held every night at Mallory Square Dock. Enjoy a variety of food trucks and dining options while street performers entertain you. It's also a great place to shop for souvenirs from local traders.
- See more of the wild side of Florida with a kayak tour of the backcountry. Exploring in a human-powered boat allows you to get into areas larger vessels can't reach and get closer to the wildlife of the area, including turtles, dolphins, and other aquatic creatures. It's also a great way to meet other travelers.
- Sample the laid-back lifestyle at Margaritaville. The first location of what became a national chain, this lively bar is a great place to meet new people. Live entertainment and expertly mixed drinks keep the atmosphere fun, and you may leave with a new appreciation for the work of Jimmy Buffett.
The best souvenirs in Key West
Kino Sandals are ubiquitous in Key West, and have been a part of the city since 1966. These handmade leather shoes are the perfect souvenir of the Florida Keys, and you can pick them up from the factory on Fitzpatrick Street. For something a little spicier, Peppers of Key West is the place to shop for a truly stunning selection of hot sauces. Or you could treat yourself to some key lime pie from the Key Lime Pie Co in Key West. The challenge will be making sure it makes it safely home without you eating it along the way.
6 Best Ways To Experience Liverpool in 2023
Liverpool has it all from ace football teams to legendary music bands, a song-worthy river, and landmarks that are recognized the world over. See it with the guides from the companies below and they'll put a whole new slant on the predictable with their unusual routes and innovative narrations. Go searching for ghosts, discover the filming locations used for Gotham City and find out why Strawberry Fields inspired John Lennon to put pen to paper and write one of the Beatles’ most popular songs.
Best Ghost Tour – Shiverpool
You'll feel the goosebumps rise when you go seeking out the paranormal with Shiverpool. Visit haunted locations around the city like old cemeteries and abandoned factories, but be warned. You might not see a specter but you'll still be scared stupid as there are actors dressed as ghouls laying in waiting to pop out from their hiding places and spook you into screaming.
Arrange to scream your way around Liverpool with Shiverpool by calling them on 44-151-709-2030 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Best Film Tour – Reel Tours
Liverpool has had its place in movie-making history pretty much since films were first introduced. Learn what part of the city features in what film by going out for a few hours with a guide from Reel Tours. Reel Tour guides are dedicated film addicts and know everything there is to know about Liverpool and its connection with the silver screen from the black and white silent days to the color and all-action mega-budget features of today.
Contact Reel Tours by email at email@example.com for more information and bookings.
Best Walking Tour – KR Tours Liverpool
Whether your first language is English or Spanish, you'll feel right at home taking a walking tour of Liverpool with KR Tours. The bi-lingual guide will accompany you around the city as you visit all the top sights and attractions. You can join others on the regular free tour and tip the guide when finished or book a personal tour for a small fee.
Get ready to discover Liverpool with KR Tours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 44-7895- 842-295 to find out the tour schedule.
Best Football Tour – Liver Tours
No fan of Liverpool or Everton football clubs can visit the city without going on this tour with Liver Tours. It's tailor-made for football fanatics with visits to both the Anfield and Goodison Park stadiums. Your guides won't be watching the turf grow under your feet either, they're powerhouses of soccer-related information and love nothing better than talking about football history.
Go football crazy in Liverpool with Liver Tours by calling them on 447891108160 or email them at email@example.com.
Best Beatles Tour – Strawberry Fields Forever
From Victorian residence to children's home to song lyric, learn about the location that inspired John Lennon to pen his song by visiting Strawberry Fields Forever. Strawberry Fields Forever is part museum, part garden, and part digital exhibition. It's a strange combination but one that works and is fun as well as educational.
Organize your visit to Strawberry Fields Forever by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling them on 44-151-252-6130. Tours are self-guided using a social media app.
Best Bus Tour – BusyBus
Coach tours can seem a bit anonymous but a mini-bus tour is a different kettle of fish. Jump aboard a BusyBus tour of Liverpool and you'll receive a personal service from the off. Busybus will take you to all the top attractions such as the Royal Albert Dock, the Tate Gallery, and the World Museum before whizzing you out to the countryside for a breath of fresh British air. BusyBus can also assist you in transport to boat cruises on the Mersey or to the airport if you need it.
Plan your tour of Liverpool with BusyBus by calling 44-844-585-4444 or email them at email@example.com.