Salt Lake City is the capital of the US state, Utah. It is a popular base for many of the iconic national parks in the area (including Zion and Bryce Canyon) and attracts regular visitors each year. The city itself is a worthy destination with a thriving metropolitan center and beautiful mountain backdrop. It offers something for everyone, from eclectic bars and excellent eateries to an array of cultural attractions and exciting festivals. If you’re considering Salt Lake City for your next getaway, we’ve got all the details you need to make your trip a memorable one!
A weekend in Salt Lake City
Spending a weekend in Salt Lake City? Lucky you! This city does not disappoint. In fact, the only problem you will face is being short of time. That’s why we’ve put together a list of must-see destinations so you don’t miss out during your short stay. Take advantage of a luggage storage service in Salt Lake City if you are going to be stuck with your bags. You won’t want to waste a second of your time here.
- Utah State Capitol Building - This stunning landmark is worth a visit for its impressive architecture and historical significance. Take a wander around the beautiful grounds or head on up for exceptional views of the city. You can also take a tour to learn more about the importance of the building.
- Hogle Zoo - This zoo is home to a range of exotic animals that will entertain all ages. There’s even a carousel and mini-train to keep you entertained.
- Temple Square - Every visitor will be enchanted by this building so make sure you stop by when you are in Salt Lake City. The museum has lots of informative displays, with some of them even being free.
Salt Lake City Lockers
Whether you travel for business or leisure, there’s a good chance you will have experienced the inconvenience of being stuck with your luggage. To save you stress and wasted time, utilize Bounce luggage lockers in Salt Lake City. They will take care of your belongings in a safe, secure location so you don’t have to! Simply drop them off, explore the city, and pick them up at a time that suits you. No more wasting valuable time due to a late check-in or early check-out!
Off the beaten path in Salt Lake City
While it may take a little extra effort to dig beneath the surface of a city, it is almost always worth it. This is certainly the case with Salt Lake City. Make an effort to get off the beaten track to explore some authentic sites in this great city.
To get you started, we’ve put together a few hidden gems to add to your itinerary:
- Gilgal Sculpture Garden - This public park doesn’t always make it on must-visit lists, which is a real shame as it is quite impressive. Enjoy the 12 original sculptures and various scriptures as you wander through this pretty space.
- Ken Sander’s Rare Books - One for the book lovers, Ken Sander’s Rare Books is an antique book store that has been in operation since 1997. It often holds cultural events, so swing by if the timing works.
- Heugh’s Canyon hike - Located just outside of this city, this hike is a great option for those wanting to enjoy some beautiful scenery. It’s not as popular as the surrounding national parks, so you’ll definitely have more space.
What to do alone in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is a great destination to experience on your own. It has a great vibe, friendly locals, and plenty of fascinating attractions to keep you entertained. There is also a range of facilities to help make your trip as hassle-free as possible, including Bounce luggage storage in Salt Lake City.
Consider adding these solo-traveler-friendly attractions to your itinerary.
- Salt Lake Temple - This Mormon temple has intricate architecture and is simply stunning. If you’re in town during the holidays, make sure to swing by for the light show.
- Natural History Museum of Utah - Boasting 10 unique galleries, this modern museum is very interactive. It caters well to adults and children.
- Red Butte Garden - Spend some time outdoors in the tranquillity of Red Butte Garden. There are plenty of trails to explore and colorful plants to see.
The best souvenirs in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City has a range of standard souvenir shops offering all of the common knick-knacks from caps and shirts to key chains and bottle openers. You might like Salt Lake Souvenir and Gift in the McCormick Building, or Utah Souvenir and Gift store in the tourism building is also a great option. Beehive State Souvenirs offers some more unique items if you are looking for something a bit different to take home.