Instantly reserve the best locations near Naples Port to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Naples Port Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 28, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Naples Port?" Perhaps you just arrived in Naples and need a place to store your bags near Naples Port before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Commerciale Jambo 1, Centro Commerciale Campania, or Centro Integrato Iperion and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Pompeii Archaeological Park (Area Archeologica di Pompei), Castello Aragonese, or Lido Marinella .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Naples Port!
Luggage storage nearby Naples Port with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Naples with multiple locations near Naples Port.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Naples Port area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Naples Port area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Pink House Group SRL, P.T.C. Porto Turistico di Capri, and Belvedere di Serrara Fontana. You can also go for a hike around Vesuvius National Park (Parco nazionale del Vesuvio), Pista di Ghiaccio, and Riserva Naturale Statale Isola di Vivara. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Gran Caffè Elite, Ristorante Bambù, and Murphy's Law Scottish Pub.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Naples Port area?
✅Multiple locations near Naples Port✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Naples Port with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Naples Port really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Naples Port and Naples without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Naples!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Naples!View City
Naples is not only one of Italy’s oldest cities, but one of the oldest in all of Europe. Part of the reason for that is the presence of its port. Since its very beginning thousands of years ago, Naples has been a city powered by its port, and that remains true today.
Bounce can help you explore this coastal city by providing convenient luggage storage near Naples Port. By partnering with local businesses, Bounce makes sure you can always find somewhere to drop your bags and travel light.
About Naples Port
Naples has been a port city since it was first settled by Greeks in the eighth century BC or thereabouts. Eventually, the city fell under the control of the Roman Empire, and Naples became one its most important ports. The port even received refugees who escape by boat from the volcanic eruption that destroyed the nearby city of Pompeii.
After the fall of the Roman Empire, Naples enjoyed a period of independence, and the port was the home of a Navy designed to protect that independence. Soon, Naples became the capital of a southern Italian kingdom that included the island of Sicily. Later, the city fell into Spanish hands, and its port allowed frequent traffic between Spain and southern Italy. However, this period of Spanish domination was followed by another period of independence before Napoleon conquered the city. In 1860, Naples became part of the new country of Italy.
To this day, Naples Port remains one of Italy’s most important. Handling 25 million tons of cargo every year, it employs almost 5000 people and is a major driver of the local economy. It’s also home to a large US Navy base.
Things to do near Naples Port
Naples Port remains an important center of commercial and industrial activity. However, it’s also the embarkation point for the dozens of cruise ships the visit Naples every year. Therefore, for many visitors, it’s their first sight of this beautiful and chaotic city.
Luckily, the port isn’t too far from much of the best the city has to offer. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage near Naples Port and get ready to lose yourself in one of Italy’s most misunderstood cities.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant street life of Naples at Piazza del Mercato. Just a short walk from the port, this public square surrounded by ancient buildings hosts a daily market where local residents come to shop. Even by Italian standards, Neapolitans are known for being lively, so the square is a great place to people watch.
- Learn more about Naples’ history at Castel Nuovo. Don’t let the name fool you; there’s nothing new about this castle that dates back to 1279. An on-site museum explains the complicated history of political power in Naples and the changing fortunes of the castle and the city through the ages.
- Treat your tastebuds on a street food tour of Naples. Pizza was invented in the city, but that’s just one of the culinary delights that await. These fun tours take you to some of the city’s best spots to eat and will leave you with a new appreciation of Italian cuisine.
- See one of Naples’ strangest attractions at the Sansevero Chapel. This small church contains breathtaking sculptures from the eighteenth century that are so lifelike, it was once thought that the prince who commissioned the statues had learned how to turn people into stone.
- Indulge in some urban exploration at Naples Underground. These tours take you through the sprawling network of tunnels that lie beneath the city. Once excavated as part of the city’s water system, they were used as bomb shelters during the Second World War. While the tour is not for the claustrophobic, they are a fascinating way to get to grips with another chapter of the city’s long history.
Transit options in Naples Port
- The Marina transit station outside the port connects it with streetcar lines 1 and 4. Bus routes 151 and 154 also stop here.
- A shuttle bus connects Naples Airport with the port, stopping at Naples Centrale railway station in between.
- Universita Metro station is a short walk from the port, connecting it to line 1 of the Naples subway system.
Luggage storage near Naples Port
Naples port can be an exceptionally busy place, especially if you’re arriving on a cruise ship. Thanks to its rich history and stunning natural surroundings, Naples is a top destination for Mediterranean cruises. And in this hilly and lively city, the last thing you want to do is carry more than you need to.
Luckily, Bounce can help you out. Drop off your belongings at a Bounce luggage locker, and you know they will be safely looked after until you can pick them up again. Naples is the perfect city to explore on foot, and you’ll enjoy yourself a lot more if you don’t carry more than you need to.
Activities and attractions near Naples Port
- The historic center of Naples is a charming place to explore, full of quaint cobblestone streets, interesting stores, and great places to eat. But for a different side of the city, take the funicular railway up the hill to the Vomero district. This is Naples’ trendy, up-and-coming neighborhood, and you’ll find all kinds of cool bars and restaurants here, along with lively nightlife. Plus, the hilltop location of the neighborhood means there are great views over the city.
- From Naples Port, it’s only a short ferry ride to the island of Capri. This jewel in the Bay of Naples simply has to be seen to be believed. Once the summer home of a Roman Emperor, the crystal clear waters, sun-soaked beaches, and frowning cliffs make it a fantastic place to explore. Hit the hiking trails for stunning views of the ocean, take a boat tour around the rugged coast, or simply relax in a sunny piazza with a drink and some delicious Italian food. A day in Capri is never wasted.
- Take a step back in time at the Roman city of Pompeii. A short train ride from Naples, this remarkably preserved town was buried by a volcanic eruption in 79 A.D. Now, the excavated town is an incredibly atmospheric place to visit, and is one of the top tourist attractions not just in the region but in all of Italy.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Naples Port
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Naples Port?
The price for luggage storage near Naples Port is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Naples Port?
There are multiple locations in the Naples Port area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Naples International Airport (NAP) (Aeroporto Internazionale di Napoli Capodichino), Circumvesuviana - Stazione Torre del Greco, and Funicolare Centrale - Augusteo and all over Naples.
Is it safe to store your bags near Naples Port?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Naples Port.
Are there storage lockers near Naples Port?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Naples Port area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Naples Port and in the broader Naples area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Naples Port?
Popular metro stations like Metro Garibaldi, Metro Cavour, or Metro Rione Alto can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Naples near Naples Port, you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Bus Metropark, Fermata ANM 1325 - Umberto, or Fermata ANM 3323 - Via Cilea. If traveling by train, Cumana Fuorigrotta, Funicolare di Montesanto - Montesanto, and Stazione Napoli Gianturco are nearest to Naples Port.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Naples Port?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Naples Port are Romeo Alberghi SRL, Ranch Palace Hotel, and Royal Continental. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Naples Port are Hostel Mancini, La Controra Hostel Naples, and Naples Experience Hostel.
Where are the best restaurants near Naples Port?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Naples Port are Gran Caffe Gambrinus, L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele, and Sorbillo.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Naples Port?
Check out the nearby Parco di Capodimonte, Villa Floridiana, and Villa Comunale.