How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Prague Main Railway Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 1, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Prague Main Railway Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Prague and need a place to store your bags near Prague Main Railway Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at OC Central, NC Eden, or DBK Praha and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Zřícenina hradu, Republic Square (Náměstí Republiky), or Vltava Riverside (Pražská náplavka) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Prague Main Railway Station!
Luggage storage nearby Prague Main Railway Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Prague with multiple locations near Prague Main Railway Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Prague Main Railway Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Prague Main Railway Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Triumph Lingerie - Centrum Černý Praha, Costa Coffee Chodov, and Café Globus. You can also go for a hike around Naučná stezka Svatojánské proudy, Modřanská rokle, and Hostivařský lesopark. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Malostranská, Riegrovy Sady, and Lokál Hamburk.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Prague Main Railway Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Prague Main Railway Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Prague Main Railway Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Prague Main Railway Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Prague Main Railway Station and Prague without your things!
About Prague Main Railway Station
Back when Prague’s railway station first opened, the city was one of the most important in the sprawling Austro-Hungarian Empire. As a result, when the station opened in 1871, it was called Franz Josef station, named after the Austrian Emperor. Although the station is very old as far as railway stations go, most of the surviving architecture dates back to between 1901 and 1909, the very tail end of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The station’s Art Nouveau style remains an icon of the city to this day.
Following the collapse of the Empire during the First World War, the station was renamed Wilson Station after US President Woodrow Wilson. However, this name was removed in 1948 when Prague became communist and allied with the USSR. Nowadays, the station is simply known as Praha hlavní nádraží - Prague Main Railway Station in English. It may not be the most romantic name, but it’s accurate and apolitical. In a city that has seen some of the most turbulent chapters of European history, that counts for a lot.
Things to do near Prague Main Railway Station
As is often the case with older European train stations, Prague’s station occupies an enviable position in the heart of the city. That means that you can start to explore what the city has to offer almost from the moment you arrive. Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage near the station and immerse yourself in one of Europe’s most popular cities.
- Stretch your legs at Riegrovy sady. This city park is right outside the train station and offers sweeping views of the city. There’s also a playground for kids and an outdoor gym if you feel like really getting the blood pumping.
- Explore the Jewish history of Prague at the Jerusalem Synagogue. The striking building is worth visiting for its beautiful architecture alone, and the Jewish presence in Prague goes back centuries and is a vital part of the city’s history.
- Soak up the atmosphere at Wenceslaus Square. The main public space of Prague, this has been seen of demonstrations, festivals, parades, and all kinds of other public events. It’s also a great place to people watch and enjoy a beer in the cafés that surround the square.
- Explore the history not only of the Czech Republic but of the world at Narodni Museum. Established in 1818, this museum explores both natural and human history with a range of exhibits that tell the complex story of the city and the country.
- For a completely different type of museum, visit the Museum of Senses. This unique attraction features illusions that make for great photo opportunities and are sure to keep kids entertained. Just don’t tell them it’s a museum first.
Transport options at Prague Main Railway Station
- Prague Main Railway Station is a regional hub, with trains arriving from across Europe. Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland, and other countries are all within easy reach by train.
- An Airport Express bus runs from the train station to Vaclav Havel International Airport.
- The station is served by Metro line C and tramlines five, nine, 15, and 26. Also, many of Prague’s bus routes stop outside the train station.
Luggage storage near Prague Main Railway Station
Prague’s main railway station is very close to everything the city has to offer. It’s also the main hub for the city’s user-friendly transit system. From the moment you arrive at the station, you’ll probably want to start exploring this colorful and vibrant city right away.
The best way to do that is to drop off your unneeded bags at a Bounce luggage storage. By partnering with local businesses in more than 300 cities around the world, Bounce makes sure you always have a place to store your things. And the lighter you travel, the more you will get to see of this fascinating city.
Attractions and activities near Prague Main Railway Station
- Prague Castle is one of the city’s top attractions, and it’s not hard to see why. This is more than a mere fortress. This hilltop settlement is practically a city all by itself and is home to many of Prague’s top attractions. Dating back to the ninth century, the castle has been the center of power in Prague for centuries, and remains the official office of the Czech president. The castle is also located next to St. Vitus Cathedral, and a ticket for one will get you into the other. For an unforgettable view of Prague, take the long climb up the worn stone steps to the spire of the Cathedral, and don’t forget your camera.
- Cross the Charles Bridge between the castle in the city and get a sense of Prague’s enduring popularity. This 14th-century bridge connects the two sides of the city across the river, and it’s one of Prague’s most popular spots to take photographs. The bridge also functions as a kind of outdoor living room for both the citizens of Prague and the millions of international visitors. Street entertainers and artists set up stalls along the bridge, and its iconic statues tell the story of Prague’s past.
- Marvel at one of the most unique clocks in the world at the Prague Astronomical Clock. First installed in 1410, this is the oldest astronomical clock still operating in the whole world. The elaborate dials track the movement of the planets, and every hour ancient figures on the clock come to life. Ancient legend has it that the city will suffer if the clock is ever neglected, and so it has been rigorously maintained since the fifteenth century.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Prague Main Railway Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Prague Main Railway Station?
The price for luggage storage near Prague Main Railway Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Prague Main Railway Station?
There are multiple locations in the Prague Main Railway Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Železniční stanice, Terminál 2, and Terminal 1 (Terminál 1) and all over Prague.
Is it safe to store your bags near Prague Main Railway Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Prague Main Railway Station.
Are there storage lockers near Prague Main Railway Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Prague Main Railway Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Prague Main Railway Station and in the broader Prague area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Prague Main Railway Station?
Popular metro stations like Metro =B= =C, Metro =A= =C= Muzeum, or Metro =A= Dejvická can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Prague near Prague Main Railway Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Prague Central Bus Station (ÚAN Praha Florenc), Autobusové nádraží Praha Holešovice, or Hutmanka. If traveling by train, Prague Main Railway Station (Praha hlavní nádraží), Železniční stanice Roztoky u Prahy, and Prague Masaryk Railway Station (Praha Masarykovo nádraží) are nearest to Prague Main Railway Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Prague Main Railway Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Prague Main Railway Station are Hotel Olšanka, Hilton Prague, and Marriott Prague. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Prague Main Railway Station are Ubytovna Novodvorská, Hostel Downtown, and Plus Prague.
Where are the best restaurants near Prague Main Railway Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Prague Main Railway Station are Galerie Butovice, Espresso bar at Alza.cz, and McDonald’s.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Prague Main Railway Station?
Check out the nearby Riegrovy sady, Park Parukářka, and Centrální park Stodůlky.