How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Ciampino Airport Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Ciampino Airport?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rome and need a place to store your bags near Ciampino Airport before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Commerciale Castel di Leva, Centro Commerciale Parco Leonardo, or Porta di Roma Shopping Centre (Galleria Commerciale Porta di Roma) and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Villa d'Este, Piazza Saxa Rubra, or Colosseum (Colosseo) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Ciampino Airport!
Luggage storage nearby Ciampino Airport with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rome with multiple locations near Ciampino Airport.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Ciampino Airport area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Ciampino Airport area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cupola di San Pietro, Giardino degli Aranci, and Giolitti. You can also go for a hike around Riserva Naturale della Marcigliana, Club Alpino Italiano - CAI di ROMA, and Parco Suburbano dei Castelli Romani. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out L'Aroma Cafè SRL Bar, John Cabot Pub, and Mancini Palace Caffe’.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Ciampino Airport area?
✅Multiple locations near Ciampino Airport✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Ciampino Airport with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Ciampino Airport really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Ciampino Airport and Rome without your things!
About Ciampino Airport
Ciampino is an international Airport that focuses mostly on flights from elsewhere in Europe. As the base for budget airlines such as Ryanair, Ciampino receives around six million passengers per year, and is the gateway to Rome for many European visitors. It is also a military airport for the Italian Air Force.
Ciampino is one of the oldest airports still in use. It was first opened in 1916. And in 1926, it was the point of departure for Umberto Nobile, who flew the first aircraft to the North Pole.
During World War II, the airport was captured by US forces and used as a military airfield. Following the war, it became a civilian airport, and was the main airport for the city of Rome until 1960, when the larger Fiumicino- Leonardo da Vinci airport was opened on the west side of the city. For decades afterward, Ciampino was used mostly for private and charter flights. However, that all changed in the early 2000s with the growth of budget airlines. The airport was expanded in 2007 to meet the growing demand, and is now a significant hub of European travel.
Things to do near Ciampino Airport
Most visitors to Ciampino airport head to Rome right away. That's understandable. However, while the airport may not be a destination in itself, there are some interesting places to visit to the south of the city. If you have time, it might be worth seeing some of the attractions around Ciampino before you go into Rome itself.
- Soak up the tranquil atmosphere of Castel Gandolfo. This beautiful lakeside town has been the summer residence of the Popes for centuries, and it's not hard to see why. Go boating on the lake, visit the Papal palace, and enjoy the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants in the charming village.
- See where many Romans escape the heat of the city in Frascati. This hillside town is a popular day trip from Rome, and is known for the white wine it produces.
- Explore the world of Italian film at Cinecitta studios. First established by Mussolini for propaganda purposes, the studio has become synonymous with legendary Italian directors and classic films of cinema's Golden Age such as Cleopatra, Ben Hur, La Dolce Vita, and Roman Holiday.
- Get some fresh air at the Park of Aqueducts. This underrated Roman park is home to magnificent ruined aqueducts and plenty of green space, with lots of walking trails to stretch your legs.
- Explore the Catacombs of Saint Sebastian. During the early period when Christianity was persecuted by the Romans, these and other catacombs were dug into the ground south of Rome as a burial place for Christians. The ancient tombs are a fascinating place to explore and experience the history of one of the world's major religions, whether you're a believer or not.
Transit options at Ciampino Airport
- SitBus, Atral, and Terravision all offer shuttle buses that run from Ciampino Airport to Rome’s main train station, Termini.
- Trains run from Ciampino train station to Termini and other stations in Rome. However, you will need to catch a bus from the airport to the town of Ciampino. A shuttle bus makes the journey in around 10 minutes.
- Taxis have a fixed charge to take passengers from Ciampino airport to the center of Rome. This is usually displayed on the outside of a licensed taxi, but make sure to confirm the price with the driver before getting in to be on the safe side.
Luggage storage near Ciampino Airport
While it may be outside the city, Ciampino is close to some of what makes Rome such a fascinating place to visit. But to reach what's best about the Eternal City, you'll need to use public transport. Make the journey easy on yourself by dropping off your belongings at a luggage storage service near Ciampino Airport. You'll enjoy your trip a lot more if you travel light.
Activities and attractions near Ciampino Airport
- Colosseum: You can't really say you've visited Rome until you've seen the Colosseum. This gigantic amphitheater is an icon of the city and of Italy, and a marvel of ancient engineering. Once the site of gladiatorial combats and even naval battles, the vast arena now functions as a museum that explains the role these games played in the ancient world. It's worth the long lines to see this unique monument. Note that large bags are not allowed inside the Colosseum, so make sure you drop yours off at a luggage storage shop in Rome before you visit.
- Roman Forums: The Roman Forums were the heart of the sprawling Empire for centuries. This complex of temples, administrative buildings, arches, and columns is the best place to see the grandeur of the vanished Empire and the monuments it left behind. A guided tour will explain more about the significance of the buildings you see, or you can just wander the ruins for yourself and imagine what life would be like in the heart of ancient Rome. The forums get crowded, so make sure you drop off any unnecessary bags at a luggage storage in Rome before you visit.
- Gelato crawl: Ask five Romans where to get the best gelato in the city, and you'll get six different opinions. Everybody has their favorite place to try this delicious Italian treat, and part of the fun is finding your own preferred store. Luckily, Rome has hundreds of places to buy gelato. Of course, you'll need to try several different places before you settle on a favorite.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Ciampino Airport
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Ciampino Airport?
The price for luggage storage near Ciampino Airport is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Ciampino Airport?
There are multiple locations in the Ciampino Airport area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Rome-Fiumicino Airport (FCO) (Aeroporto di Roma Fiumicino), Roma Termini Railway Station (XRJ) (Stazione Roma Termini), and Stazione di Velletri and all over Rome.
Is it safe to store your bags near Ciampino Airport?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Ciampino Airport.
Are there storage lockers near Ciampino Airport?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Ciampino Airport area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Ciampino Airport and in the broader Rome area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Ciampino Airport?
Popular metro stations like Stazione Metro Anagnina, Metro Cinecittà, or Metro Alessandrino can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Rome near Ciampino Airport, you may be close to some bus stations: Terminal Bus Anagnina, Terminal Bus Laurentina, or Capolinea Atac Torre Maura. If traveling by train, Stazione di Frascati, Stazione Albano Laziale, and Tor Pignattara are nearest to Ciampino Airport.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Ciampino Airport?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Ciampino Airport are Hotel Flora, Hotel American Palace Eur, and Cacciani Armando & Tommaso. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Ciampino Airport are Centro Giovanni Xxiii, Central Station Inn, and Ostello Casale dei Monaci.
Where are the best restaurants near Ciampino Airport?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Ciampino Airport are Fornocafe, Old Wild West, and Ali Babà Kebab.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Ciampino Airport?
Check out the nearby Parco degli Acquedotti, Villa De Sanctis, and Villa Torlonia.