How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Trastevere Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Trastevere?" Perhaps you just arrived in Rome and need a place to store your bags near Trastevere before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Centro Commerciale Parco Leonardo, Centro Commerciale Castel di Leva, or Porta di Roma Shopping Centre (Galleria Commerciale Porta di Roma) and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Villa d'Este, Piazza Saxa Rubra, or Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi) .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Trastevere!
Luggage storage nearby Trastevere with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Rome with multiple locations near Trastevere.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Trastevere area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Trastevere area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Cupola di San Pietro, Giardino degli Aranci, and Gianicolo (Terrazza del Gianicolo). You can also go for a hike around Riserva Naturale della Marcigliana, Club Alpino Italiano - CAI di ROMA, and Masone SRL Unipersonale. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out L'Aroma Cafè SRL Bar, Hard Rock Cafe Italy SRL, and Coming Out.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Trastevere area?
✅Multiple locations near Trastevere✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Trastevere with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Trastevere really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Trastevere and Rome without your things!
Rome’s Trastevere neighborhood lines the river Tiber’s western shore, just southwest of the city center. Vatican City borders this whimsical, well-loved district to the north, and some of Rome’s best attractions are a quick bus ride away.
Life slows down a bit in Trastevere; if you’re looking for authentic experiences in Rome, this is the place to be. There are a few notable tourist hotspots here, but most travelers visit Trastevere for its village pubs, unique eateries, and one-of-a-kind shops.
Nightlife in Rome varies with each city district, and in Trastevere, it’s bumping. Wine and craft beer are popular drink choices, and socializing spills into the streets as the hours progress. To best enjoy your evening, book a room at one of the hotels in Trastevere. Lodging options follow suit with the neighborhood; don’t expect a run-of-the-mill hotel room here.
In addition to its old-world-Italy atmosphere and medley of modern conveniences, Trastevere is home to some of Rome’s best parks and gardens. While you’re touring Trastevere, set aside at least a day to visit its lush, meticulously-manicured green spaces.
Fun Fact: Film director Sergio Leone grew up in Trastevere. He went on to develop the popular Spaghetti Western movie genre.
Things to do near Trastevere
A visit to Trastevere can be filled with historical stops and wine tastings or laid-back street-strolling and some Roman pizza for lunch...this vibrant neighborhood has it all.
Whether you have an iron-clad Trastevere trip itinerary or you’re just going where the winding stone roads take you, it might be worth carving out a little time to see some of the district’s best features.
- Sip a cappuccino on the way to one of the breakfast spots in Trastevere. Le Levain has a pretty excellent spread of sweets.
- Take in a live show (and some fantastic Italian vibes) at the river-front Piazza Trilussa.
- Learn about life in 18th-century Italy at the Museum of Rome in Trastevere.
- Catch gorgeous views of Rome, Trastevere, and the river Tiber from the historic Ponte Sisto bridge.
- Appreciate the architecture of the 18th-century Baroque-style Palazzo Corsini. Tour the palace’s gallery and then explore the grounds, where you’ll find a section of the lush Orto Botanico di Roma gardens.
- Continue admiring the neighborhood’s structures and styles with a stop at the Villa Farnesina, just a few steps from Palazzo Corsini. The residence-turned-museum displays intricate frescoes created by famous Italian artists.
- Hike to the top of Janiculum Hill.
- Refuel on authentic Roman pizza at Ai Marmi. Rustic crusts, seasonal toppings, and lots and lotsa mozzarella is what you can expect here.
- Round out your samplings of Trastevere’s best flavors with a walking tour of the neighborhood’s craft beer bars.
Transit Options near Trastevere
- Light rail
Luggage Storage in Trastevere
Trastevere is on the cusp of some of the best attractions in Rome; this world-class city has been a cultural hub for centuries, and it’s packed with sights to explore. Ancient Greek structures still stand today, and magnificent cathedrals illustrate the city’s strong religious roots.
When in Rome, luggage storage is vital. Space in this sought-after city comes at a premium, and the last thing you want to worry about is your baggage. Whether you’re packed to the max for this European tour or perusing the shops for some Italian apparel, find luggage storage near Trastevere, hand over your bags, and hit your next destination.
Attractions and Activities near Trastevere
- Pantheon: This extremely ancient temple kicks time back a couple thousand years. Built in the mid-2nd century, this stone structure boasts a perfectly-circular shape accented by a soaring, open-air dome. When you visit the Pantheon, wear your walking shoes and plan to spend some time wandering the narrow streets of Ancient Rome. Audio guides can be rented on-site and offer some details on the temple’s past. Pantheon tours typically take about 30 minutes; beyond the striking structural features and a little history to learn, there’s not much more to see. And while the streets surrounding the Pantheon are bustling and packed with entertainment, signs around the temple urge visitors to remain silent as they explore the site.
- Colosseum: Once the site of savage Roman gladiator battles, the Colosseum still draws crowds in modern Rome. Today, the only fights happening here are for spots in the lengthy lines that tend to form outside its entrance each day. To maximize your Colosseum visit, book your tickets and tour times ahead. Passes often include access to other top Rome attractions like Palatine Hill. Bags and backpacks are discouraged here, too, so before you embark on your Colosseum tour, drop your gear at a Rome luggage storage location. For the most immersive insight into the amphitheater’s features, join a guided tour.
- Trevi Fountain: No trip to Rome would be complete without tossing a coin into the towering Trevi Fountain. Tranquility meets grandeur here, and the full display spans nearly one city block. Just west of the city center, the Trevi is a must-see spot, though because of this, it tends to be crowded most of the time. Its centralized location also means easy access to tons of excellent restaurants, museums, and other Rome attractions.
- Sistine Chapel: Combine a walking tour of Trastevere’s riverfront with a visit to the stunning Sistine Chapel. Just a 45-minute (ultra-scenic) stroll from central Trastevere, the religious site is home to Michaelangelo's The Creation of Adam fresco and numerous other famous creations by celebrated Italian artists. The Sistine Chapel was completed in the late 1400s and remains a major site of Catholic worship; popes are crowned here, and important services are still held within its fresco-filled walls.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Trastevere
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Trastevere?
The price for luggage storage near Trastevere is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Trastevere?
There are multiple locations in the Trastevere area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Rome-Fiumicino Airport (FCO) (Aeroporto di Roma Fiumicino), Stazione La Giustiniana, and Stazione Ladispoli - Cerveteri and all over Rome.
Is it safe to store your bags near Trastevere?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Trastevere.
Are there storage lockers near Trastevere?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Trastevere area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Trastevere and in the broader Rome area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Trastevere?
Popular metro stations like Metro Termini, Metro Spagna, or Metro Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Rome near Trastevere, you may be close to some bus stations: Autostazione Tibus, Terminal Bus Termini, or Capolinea Atac Piazza Venezia. If traveling by train, Roma Termini Railway Station (XRJ) (Stazione Roma Termini), Roma Tiburtina Railway Station (IRT) (Stazione Roma Tiburtina), and Stazione di Roma Trastevere are nearest to Trastevere.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Trastevere?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Trastevere are Hotel Bernini Bristol, Rocco Forte Hotel De Russie, and Villa Doria Pamphilj. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Trastevere are Piazza di Spagna Suites (Piazza di Spagna), RomeHello, and Camping Village Roma.
Where are the best restaurants near Trastevere?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Trastevere are Venchi, Mercato Centrale Roma, and Zuma.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Trastevere?
Check out the nearby Villa Borghese, Parco Adriano, and Parco della Torricella.