How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Sydney Airport (SYD) Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 4, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Sydney Airport (SYD)?" Perhaps you just arrived in Sydney and need a place to store your bags near Sydney Airport (SYD) before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Westfield Parramatta, Dusk Macquarie Centre, or Westfield Chatswood and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Bondi Beach, Maroubra Beach, or Darling Quarter .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Sydney Airport (SYD)!
Luggage storage nearby Sydney Airport (SYD) with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Sydney with multiple locations near Sydney Airport (SYD).
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Sydney Airport (SYD) area start at just A$8.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Sydney Airport (SYD) area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Royal Botanic Gardens, Taronga Zoo, and Starbucks. You can also go for a hike around Lane Cove National Park, Kamay Botany Bay National Park, and Coogee - Bondi Coastal Walk. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Opera Bar, The Grounds of Alexandria, and Palace Cinemas.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Sydney Airport (SYD) area?
✅Multiple locations near Sydney Airport (SYD)✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Sydney Airport (SYD) with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Sydney Airport (SYD) really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Sydney Airport (SYD) and Sydney without your things!
About Sydney Airport
Located just south of Sydney in Mascot, the Sydney Airport is an international hub that meshes several different cultures into one melting pot of uniqueness. Once a bull paddock during the early 20th century, the airport came into conception in 1920 as a simple airfield. It was not until 1924 when commercial flights began flying into and out of the Sydney Airport. Since then, the airport has exploded into the international hub it is today with three terminals, several restaurants, shops, and lounges.
When passengers land at the Sydney Airport, they can experience the local culture of the land down under through local fare, clothing, and souvenir shops. Visitors can also experience through food and drink a more international flavor by stopping by one of the multi-cultural restaurants located throughout the airport. After exploring the airport, head out into Sydney, and discover the fresh Australian air and friendliness of the locals. Explore local tourist attractions, enjoy guided tours, and wander through diverse shopping districts.
Fun Fact: Sydney Airport is one of the oldest airports that are still in use in the entire world. College Park Airport in College Park, Maryland, is the oldest.
Things to do near Sydney Airport
Whether you are visiting Sydney for business or pleasure, you will find the Sydney Airport an interesting stopping place. Filled with shops, lounges, and restaurants, the airport is a vibrant hub of international proportions. You can spend hours exploring the various sites within the airport before heading into Sydney for more adventure.
Where to begin your explorations may be a difficult thing to figure out. Bounce has put together a list of ideas of things to do when you land at the Sydney Airport.
- Visit the Lonely Planet, a lounge in Terminal 1 with a retail shop filled to the brim with travel books and guides, basic necessities, and charming souvenirs.
- Climb up to the Observation Deck at the airport and look out over the Sydney skyline. Bring your camera with you for panoramic views to share with loved ones back home.
- Hang out in the Volare Bistro and Beer Garden for a refreshing drink and flavorful cuisine.
- Drop by Purely Merino for hand-made sheepskin products such as socks, sweaters, and hats to take back home. You can also nab a pair of Ugg slippers or boots to hand out as gifts or keep for yourself.
- Relax in the Qantas Lounge, available to the first-class passengers on Qantas and British Airways flights. Enjoy delicious food from the in-house restaurant or head to the spa for a massage or facial.
- Spend time at the Bambini Wine Room and Restaurant where you can get authentic Italian food or try one of the international dishes offered. Ask your server about the wine selections to pair perfectly with your meal.
- Experience the Rainbow Serpent, a small art gallery dedicated to Aboriginal artists. Painting, sculptures, didgeridoos, and hand-carved boomerangs are available for viewing and sale.
Transit Options at Sydney Airport
- Airport Link Train
- Bus (400, 420, 420N)
- Taxi/Ride Share
Luggage Storage near Sydney Airport
There is always something fun and interesting to do in and around Sydney Airport. Don’t be left sitting alone at the airport during a long layover, get out and explore. Meet new people and experience Sydney while you are here. Head to the beach, walk along the harbor, visit the zoo, or enjoy authentic Australian cuisine. No matter what your pleasure, there is something for everyone.
It can be a bit overwhelming, trying to decide where to visit first. Bounce has compiled a list of must-see places in Sydney to get you started on your Australian adventure.
Luggage Storage Options near Sydney Airport
- Darling Harbor: Stroll along the harbor, taking in beautiful views of the city and water. While here, check out some of the attractions such as the National Maritime Museum, Dockside Pavilion, and the Chinese Garden of Friendship. Don’t be stuck dragging your luggage with you, find a Bounce location to store your bags while you explore.
- Free Walking Tour: You heard right, a free walking tour with an actual guide is available. Volunteers share their joy and love of Sydney with you as they guide you through the city, pointing out various interesting sights. Bringing your luggage with you on this tour will be cumbersome, drop it off at a Bounce location before meeting up with your guide.
- Sydney Historic Pub Crawl: Many may not know the significance of the pubs to Sydney’s culture since its early days. Sign up for the four-hour pub crawl and enjoy learning more about the oldest pubs in the city and enjoy a pint or two along the way. Before starting your pub crawl journey, stow your bags with Bounce to keep them safe.
- Paddy’s Markets: This indoor market is the biggest in Sydney and features over 1,000 different vendors. Shop for fresh produce, household items, bric-a-brac, baked goods, and souvenirs at Paddy’s Markets, then grab a bite to eat and watch other shoppers wander by. Lighten your load by dropping your luggage at a Bounce location for safekeeping.
- Taronga Zoo: You may have gotten a glimpse of the animals and keepers at Taronga on NatGeoWild’s Secrets of the Zoo: Down Under. However, there is nothing like seeing this fantastic place in real life. While you can bring strollers and larger bags into the zoo, why weigh yourself down unnecessarily. Store your luggage at a Bounce location before exploring.
- North Head Quarantine Station: Take a tour of the Quarantine Station, where people entering the country were isolated if they were believed to be carrying a contagious disease. This is one of Australia’s most haunted places, and ghost tours are also available but are not recommended for the faint of heart. Baggage is a hindrance, so drop by a Bounce location before starting your visit.
- Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace: This cinema came into existence in 1935 and still looks much the same, with a few modern touches. Sit back and be transported back to the 1930s while enjoying a film. Luggage is not allowed inside the cinema, so let Bounce take charge of your bags.
- Bondi Beach: You cannot come to Sydney without visiting Bondi Beach. This iconic beach is filled with locals and tourists all vying for that perfect spot on the sandy beach or surfers trying to catch the biggest and best waves. Don’t lug your baggage with you to the beach and be a sitting duck for pickpockets and petty thieves. Let Bounce keep your luggage safe while you enjoy the sunshine.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Sydney Airport (SYD)
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
The price for luggage storage near Sydney Airport (SYD) is just A$8.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
There are multiple locations in the Sydney Airport (SYD) area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near T2 Domestic Terminal, T3 Qantas Domestic Terminal, and Chatswood Transport Interchange and all over Sydney.
Is it safe to store your bags near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Sydney Airport (SYD).
Are there storage lockers near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Sydney Airport (SYD) area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Sydney Airport (SYD) and in the broader Sydney area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD) are The Star, Hyatt Regency Sydney, and Hilton Sydney. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Sydney Airport (SYD) are The Beach House, Sydney Central YHA, and Sydney Harbour YHA.
Where are the best restaurants near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Sydney Airport (SYD) are Sydney Fish Market, McDonald's, and Anar Charcoal Chicken.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Sydney Airport (SYD)?
Check out the nearby Sydney Park, Centennial Park, and Hyde Park.