How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Dulles Airport (IAD) Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Dulles Airport (IAD)?" Perhaps you just arrived in Washington D.C. and need a place to store your bags near Dulles Airport (IAD) before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Rio Entertainment Center, Eden Center, or Fair City Mall and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Georgetown Waterfront Park, Cabin John Regional Park, or US Marine Corps War Memorial .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Dulles Airport (IAD)!
Luggage storage nearby Dulles Airport (IAD) with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Washington D.C. with multiple locations near Dulles Airport (IAD).
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Dulles Airport (IAD) area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Dulles Airport (IAD) area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Shotted Specialty Coffee, Mom & Pop, and Paris Baguette. You can also go for a hike around Great Falls Park, Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park, and Bethesda Trolley Trail. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Sweetwater Tavern, Chef Geoff's, and Washington Redskins Burgundy & Gold Club.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Dulles Airport (IAD) area?
✅Multiple locations near Dulles Airport (IAD)✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Dulles Airport (IAD) with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Dulles Airport (IAD) really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Dulles Airport (IAD) and Washington D.C. without your things!
About Dulles Airport
As one of the two primary airports that work within the Washington D.C. area, the Dulles Airport is just 26 miles away from the District of Columbia and has the capacity to utilize 40 different carriers, in 123 gates, for travel all over the world. With such massive capabilities, this airport can assist millions of passengers a year with their traveling endeavors. The security checkpoints are described as state of the art, and reduce wait times for those making their way to their prospective gates. For those who are traveling with this airport, there are dozens of different services available. Over 100 retail stores are found at Washington Dulles, and live entertainment is often on the agenda. Shoe shining stations, massage bars, restaurants, a chapel, stores, free WIFI, and more are found within the terminals. The airport itself covers close to 12,000 acres. This is the airport that typically serves the metro D.C. area.
Fun Fact: Dulles Airport was the first in the United States to accommodate commercial jets.
Things to Do in and near Dulles Airport
Due to the size and capacity of the Dulles Airport, it may get a bit overwhelming when it comes to figuring out where to go and how to spend your time. Even though things may seem a bit chaotic in this particular part of Washington D.C., Dulles Airport is a sight to behold. Travelers will want to see it at least once in a lifetime. In the airport, entertainment revolves around food and shopping, both working checking out while there. Consider venturing beyond Dulles while in the region. Bounce has these recommendations for both in and outside of the airport.
- Visit the National Mall and choose an attraction to concentrate on
- Explore Manassas National Battlefield Park to relive the Battle of Bull Run
- See George Washington's restored plantation home at Mount Vernon
- Stroll through the many shops available in the terminals to find a nice souvenir or, perhaps, purchase something that you forgot to pack
- Locate a charging station to work on projects with free Wi-Fi while you wait to depart
- Try a shoeshine station
- Take the Metrorail to Tyson's Corner to shop
- Get a closeup view of the White House
Transit Options near Dulles Airport
- The new Silverline Express Train
- The 5A Express Metrobus
- The Fairfax Connector bus, Routes 981 & 983
Luggage Storage near Dulles Airport
Washington, D.C. is a destination with some of the country's best sights. Don't be weighed down by your bags. Instead, store them with Bounce and then plan your itinerary. Include stops like Arlington National Cemetery and the Lincoln Memorial and make a day of exploring.
Luggage Storage Options near Dulles Airport
- National Mall: Over 2 miles of museums, monuments and memorials await. To see it all, you will need more than one day. Stow shopping and souvenir parcels with Bounce and then head to the Mall for the afternoons.
- Arlington Cemetry: See the burial site of President John F. Kennedy at Arlington Cemetery. This is a solemn tourist destination so come unencumbered by leaving your bags with Bounce.
- Washington National Cathedral: The second largest cathedral in America is the Washington National Cathedral with 212 stained glass windows. Drop your bags with Bounce and then count the 112 gargoyles.
- Monticello: Located in Virginia, this mansion was the home of President Thomas Jefferson. Large bags won't be permitted here, so leave yours with a Bounce partner for safekeeping.
- Colonial Williamsburg: Venture to Virginia to see early pioneer life recreated at Colonial Williamsburg. Stash your bags with Bounce and then explore the hospital, blacksmith shop, and an inn.
- Library of Congress: You can't bring your bags here, so stow them first and then investigate 838 miles of bookshelves.
- Dulles Town Center: Leave your parcels behind at a Bounce location near Dulles Town Center. Then have fun adding more to the mix.
- Burton's Grill and Bar: This is a great restaurant for those who like American Fare in a casual setting. Don't worry about where to put your bags; store them at a convenient Bounce partner location nearby this trendy eatery.
- Kabobi by The Helmand: Afghani food is the specialty here. Leave your bags behind with Bounce and spend a relaxing evening.
Herndon Luggage Storage
Located a short 15-minute drive from Dulles Airport, Herndon is another great option for anyone looking for a nearby luggage storage spot. If you're searching for somewhere to explore for a couple of hours before your flight, Herndon is an ideal location. With museums, historic sites, parks and shops, you'll find plenty to do. Just drop your bags off at one of our Herndon luggage storage spots and make the most of your trip.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Dulles Airport (IAD)
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
The price for luggage storage near Dulles Airport (IAD) is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
There are multiple locations in the Dulles Airport (IAD) area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Main Terminal, TSA Security Checkpoint, and Shady Grove Metro Station and all over Washington D.C..
Is it safe to store your bags near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Dulles Airport (IAD).
Are there storage lockers near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Dulles Airport (IAD) area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Dulles Airport (IAD) and in the broader Washington D.C. area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
Where are the best restaurants near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Dulles Airport (IAD) are Wawa, Chick-Fil-A, and McDonald's.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Dulles Airport (IAD)?
Check out the nearby Sully Highlands Park, Frying Pan Farm Park, and Sugarland Run Stream Valley Park.