How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
National Gallery of Art Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Jan 26, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near National Gallery of Art?" Perhaps you just arrived in Washington D.C. and need a place to store your bags near National Gallery of Art before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eden Center, Towne Centre at Laurel, or Rio Entertainment Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National Mall or Tidal Basin .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near National Gallery of Art!
Luggage storage nearby National Gallery of Art with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Washington D.C. with multiple locations near National Gallery of Art.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the National Gallery of Art area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the National Gallery of Art area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Shotted Specialty Coffee, Mom & Pop, and Paris Baguette. You can also go for a hike around Great Falls Park, Sligo Creek Stream Valley Trail, and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton, and Babylon Futbol Cafe.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the National Gallery of Art area?
✅Multiple locations near National Gallery of Art✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near National Gallery of Art with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to National Gallery of Art really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy National Gallery of Art and Washington D.C. without your things!
About National Gallery of Art
The National Gallery of Art is a large museum located in Washington, DC, between 3rd and 9th street on Constitution Ave NW. The free museum first opened its doors in 1937 when an extensive art collection was donated by Andrew W Mellon. More art was given, and the gallery grew to be the fantastic art destination that it is today. Not only does the museum hold the only piece by Leonardo Da Vinci in the United States, but it is also home to a 6-acre sculpture garden. Visitors can easily spend an entire day walking around admiring the various pieces.
While there are many exhibits in the National Gallery of Art that never change, there are also exceptional, temporary displays that frequently rotate, displaying art from around the world. It is one of the largest museums in all of North America. Plan to spend a reasonable amount of time touring the multiple floors and finding various pieces that speak to you. This is much easier to do if you leave your luggage at a Bounce location, enabling you to freely see everything that this museum has to offer.
Things to Do in and near National Gallery of Art
While you could easily spend several days touring the National Gallery of Art, the neighborhoods around the museum offer a great deal to see and do as well. Here are a few places that Bounce knows you will not want to miss!
- Find the Leonardo da Vinci oil painting located inside the museum. The piece sold for a record $5 million in 1967 and is still the only da Vinci in the United States.
- Check out another famous museum nearby called the Newseum, where global news is highlighted and celebrated.
- Take a walk along the National Mall, where you can see the Capitol building, the Vietnam Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and so much more.
- The National Gallery of Art – Sculpture Garden is part of the museum you must see. With over 6 acres full of unique and exciting sculptures, you will have a hard time choosing your favorite piece.
- When you start to get hungry, jump on a DC Metro Food Tour where you can try some of the best food the city has to offer.
- If you like beer or are interested in learning more about how beer is crafted, a DC Brew Tour is definitely for you! Try various local beers while you get a tour of the city.
- The United States Botanical Garden is definitely a beautiful site to see. Visit the National Gallery of Art area in the spring and summer when there are many kinds of flowers in bloom.
Transit Options near National Gallery of Art
- Red, Yellow, Green, Orange or Blue Metro Lines
- Virginia Railway Express to the L’Enfant station
- Metrobus to 4th Street and 7th Street NW
Luggage Storage in and near National Gallery of Art
The National Gallery of Art is one of the largest museums in the United States. You will spend hours exploring the museum itself and then likely want to head into DC to see the city highlights, do a little shopping or grab a bite to eat. Washington, DC is an exciting destination with parks, museums, and educational sites on every corner. Seeing all of this will be easier to do if you do not have luggage to worry about. Drop your bags off at a secure Bounce location and start your day baggage free.
Luggage Storage Options in and near National Gallery of Art
- Newseum: This unique museum houses every major news headline and news story for the past few decades. The museum is interactive and gives you an exclusive look at the history of the United States as it was presented by the media. Leave your bags with Bounce to explore every corner of this museum.
- National Air and Space Museum: All lovers of air travel need to see this free national museum, which houses the most extensive collection of air and spacecraft in the world. Bring your bags to a Bounce location before you head to the Air and Space Museum so you can walk in and out of real airplanes and spaceships without dragging your luggage.
- The Source: Store your bags with Bounce for the day and plan on trying this celebrity-chef-owned restaurant. It's one of Wolfgang Puck's finest, and serves Asian food.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: From massive dinosaur fossils to a display of jewels worth millions of dollars, you will find incredible exhibits inside this nationally run museum. Find a secure Bounce location nearby to store your luggage. Then, explore every floor of this three-story building.
- DC Metro Food Tours: DC Metro Food Tours are the perfect way to experience the best cuisine in the area. Leave your luggage with Bounce so you can enjoy the food and the tour without wrestling bags in and out of each restaurant destination.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: Learn about the Holocaust and the part that the United States played in the historic event. Bounce is the best place to bring your luggage before you visit the museum as there is little storage space available for tourists to utilize. Take your time as you experience this unique and somber destination.
- DC Brew Tours: Taking a DC Brew Tour is the perfect way to end your day after exploring the National Gallery of Art. Drop your bags at Bounce and then get ready to taste some fantastic local beers.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near National Gallery of Art
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near National Gallery of Art?
The price for luggage storage near National Gallery of Art is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near National Gallery of Art?
There are multiple locations in the National Gallery of Art area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), New Carrollton Amtrak Station, and Shady Grove Metro Station and all over Washington D.C..
Is it safe to store your bags near National Gallery of Art?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near National Gallery of Art.
Are there storage lockers near National Gallery of Art?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the National Gallery of Art area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby National Gallery of Art and in the broader Washington D.C. area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near National Gallery of Art?
Popular metro stations like Metro Center Metro Station, Pentagon Metro Station, or McPherson Square Metro Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Washington D.C. near National Gallery of Art, you may be close to some bus stations: Park Bethesda Shuttle Stop, WMATA Bus Stop, or Pentagon Bus Stop L9. If traveling by train, Anacostia Metro Station, VRE Station L'Enfant, and Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro Station are nearest to National Gallery of Art.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near National Gallery of Art?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near National Gallery of Art are CityCenterDC, Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, and JW Marriott Washington, DC. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near National Gallery of Art are GlowHouse, U Street Hostel, and Duo Nomad.
Where are the best restaurants near National Gallery of Art?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near National Gallery of Art are McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, and Amazing Muncheez.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near National Gallery of Art?
Check out the nearby West Potomac Park, Georgetown Waterfront Park, and Rock Creek Park.