How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Smithsonian Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Smithsonian?" Perhaps you just arrived in Washington D.C. and need a place to store your bags near Smithsonian before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eden Center, Towne Centre at Laurel, or Rio Entertainment Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National Mall or Tidal Basin .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Smithsonian!
Luggage storage nearby Smithsonian with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Washington D.C. with multiple locations near Smithsonian.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Smithsonian area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Smithsonian area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Shotted Specialty Coffee, Mom & Pop, and Paris Baguette. You can also go for a hike around Great Falls Park, Sligo Creek Stream Valley Trail, and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton, and Babylon Futbol Cafe.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Smithsonian area?
✅Multiple locations near Smithsonian✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Smithsonian with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Smithsonian really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Smithsonian and Washington D.C. without your things!
About the Smithsonian
This incredible national museum located on 10th Street and Constitution Avenue was established in 1910 and has been a landmark of science for many generations. With its impressive collection of specimens, human artifacts, dinosaur bones, and more, visitors can easily spend an entire day here. The Smithsonian is a location that is a definite must-see when visiting Washington, D.C. Even if the museum isn’t where you want to spend all of your time for the day, many different activities (from restaurants to shops) are within walking distance. As with tourists, employees of the Smithsonian will have ground to cover when in this busy area of town. Having a safe spot to leave luggage or extra bags can be a common concern. Washington D.C. gets many visitors throughout the year and although this is wonderful, the high amounts of traffic can cause for some difficulty when maneuvering through crowds. Bounce is available to help. Locate a Bounce partner in the neighborhood of the Smithsonian and safely stow your belongings there.
Things to Do in the Smithsonian
Whether the Smithsonian is your primary location of choice or you are stopping by for a moment between meetings, there is no doubt you won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to explore this free venue. One can easily get lost in the many exciting exhibits found here, and time will pass in a flash. No matter your interests, this location has something for you. If human artifacts are old news, choose another exhibit Head on over to the expansive dinosaur and bug collections to get a taste of something new. Are you looking for a hands-on learning experience? The Smithsonian has that covered, with dozens of interactive displays just waiting to b,e enjoyed. Once you’ve finished exploring the museum, however, the fun doesn’t have to end! Venture outside and explore some of these fantastic Washington D.C. sites.
- Spend some time walking around the National Mall to view breathtaking fountains, beautiful trees, and famous monuments.
- Stroll through the Sculpture Garden to breathe in fresh air and appreciate incredible art.
- Appreciate the immaculate architecture of the Old Post Office Pavilion.
- Take a short break from visiting museums and monuments to get a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants nearby.
- Live your dream of being a spy through visiting the FBI headquarters.
- If you’re visiting during the season, stop to see the Cherry Blossom Festival held on 17th street.
- Honor our men in blue by spending some time at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.
- Take a guided tour to see the sights further.
Transit Options near the Smithsonian
- Archives Metro
- Federal Triangle Metro (Blue, Orange, Silver lines)
- Rental Bikes from Capital Bikeshare
Luggage Storage Near the Smithsonian
The Smithsonian has so many different options to visit that it can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Carrying your luggage through this expansive space can soon grow tiring. Why add to the situation by maneuvering your bags through crowds of people? Often, the enjoyment of exploring a new area can be dimmed by worrying about whether your possessions will be lost or stolen. Bounce has made it our mission to offer storage locations for visitors, commuters, and locals alike. Convenient locations can be found near this must-see attraction, ensuring that you make the most of your time here.
Luggage Storage Options Near the Smithsonian
- The National Archives Museum: Visit this museum on Pennsylvania Ave NW to view the vital documents of the United States. Avoid carrying your gear through the crowds and find a Bounce partner nearby to watch over your bags.
- BLT Prime by David Burke: Also located on Pennsylvania Ave, this steakhouse is a must-visit if you enjoy mouthwatering food and a great atmosphere. To keep your bags clean and your hands free, look for a Bounce location in the neighborhood.
- National Museum of American History: Get lost in the history of our country at one of the Smithsonian museums located along the Mall. With over 3 million items to see in this building, you’ll want to leave bags with Bounce while you explore them all.
- Central Michel Richard: This restaurant is filled to the brim with local cuisine that will have your mouth watering and your belly asking for more. Leave bags with Bounce near Pennsylvania Avenue and enjoy your meal.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: Although a memorial of terrible times, visit the museum to remember those lost during the Holocaust. With much ground to cover within the site, it's best to leave your bags with Bounce near Raoul Wallenberg Plaza.
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords Café: This uniquely named café on Connecticut Ave is the perfect place to go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. As this is a smaller café, drop off larger bags at a Bounce nearby.
- National Air and Space Museum: Located on Independence Ave, this museum is a must-see for those who love air and space travel. There is a huge collection to explore; Bounce can watch your bags while you enjoy the exploration.
- Ford’s Theater: Experience the theater where Abraham Lincoln used to watch plays and musicals on 10th Street. This is a working theater with amazing shows to attend. Leave your baggage behind as the seating is tight.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Smithsonian
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Smithsonian?
The price for luggage storage near Smithsonian is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Smithsonian?
There are multiple locations in the Smithsonian area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), New Carrollton Amtrak Station, and Shady Grove Metro Station and all over Washington D.C..
Is it safe to store your bags near Smithsonian?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Smithsonian.
Are there storage lockers near Smithsonian?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Smithsonian area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Smithsonian and in the broader Washington D.C. area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Smithsonian?
Popular metro stations like Metro Center Metro Station, Pentagon Metro Station, or McPherson Square Metro Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Washington D.C. near Smithsonian, you may be close to some bus stations: WMATA Bus Stop, Pentagon Bus Stop L9, or WMATA Bus Stop #1001202 - 32, 36, 38B, 39. If traveling by train, Anacostia Metro Station, VRE Station L'Enfant, and Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro Station are nearest to Smithsonian.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Smithsonian?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Smithsonian are CityCenterDC, Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, and JW Marriott Washington, DC. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Smithsonian are GlowHouse, U Street Hostel, and Duo Nomad.
Where are the best restaurants near Smithsonian?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Smithsonian are McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, and Amazing Muncheez.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Smithsonian?
Check out the nearby West Potomac Park, Georgetown Waterfront Park, and Rock Creek Park.