How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Union Station Washington Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 3, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Union Station Washington?" Perhaps you just arrived in Washington D.C. and need a place to store your bags near Union Station Washington before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Eden Center, Towne Centre at Laurel, or Rio Entertainment Center and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at National Mall or Tidal Basin .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Union Station Washington!
Luggage storage nearby Union Station Washington with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Washington D.C. with multiple locations near Union Station Washington.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Union Station Washington area start at just $5.90 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Union Station Washington area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Shotted Specialty Coffee, Mom & Pop, and Paris Baguette. You can also go for a hike around Great Falls Park, Sligo Creek Stream Valley Trail, and Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton, and Half Street Fairgrounds.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Union Station Washington area?
✅Multiple locations near Union Station Washington✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Union Station Washington with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Union Station Washington really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Union Station Washington and Washington D.C. without your things!
About Union Station Washington
Union Station, located in the heart of Washington DC, opened in 1907 and has since become one of the busiest transit stations in the entire United States. With over forty million people passing through each year, it is clear why the Amtrak train company made this their headquarters! Trains leave Union Station destined for other major cities like Baltimore, New York, and Philadelphia. In addition, the Washington DC underground Metro system is based out of Union Station with trains passing through every few seconds. It is quite a busy spot!
With so much activity within Union Station, numerous shops and restaurants have made this area their home, catering to the sheer volume of people commuting and traveling here. Union Station is even a shopping destination for locals and DC natives. Visiting the historic station is something you must do when you are in Washington DC and, to explore Union Station even easier, check your bags with Bounce. Do and see even more without having to juggle luggage. Bounce makes it easier to appreciate the history, beauty, and numerous activities in the area.
Things to Do near Union Station Washington
While Union Station is packed with places to shop, restaurants to try and sites to see, there are a few things nearby that you do not want to miss. Here are a few recommendations that we at Bounce know you will enjoy.
- Grab a burger and a famous milkshake at Shake Shack, located right inside Union Station. One sip of a milkshake, and you will instantly see why this chain restaurant is known across the country.
- Walk next door to the Post Office Building and learn the amazing history behind the United States postal service. From the days of the Pony Express to the modern way mail is sorted and delivered today, you will certainly learn a great deal.
- Try a world famous macaron at Laduree located right inside Union Station. With dozens of flavors to choose from, you may want to buy more than one- they are addictive!
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is a few minutes from Union Station and a fantastic, free place to visit if you want to learn about planes, jets, and helicopters.
- The National Gallery of Art houses everything from paintings to photographs, sculptures to modern art pieces. Be sure to visit the only painting by Leonardo da Vinci within the United States while you are here.
- Take a walk around the national mall, strolling from the capital to the Lincoln Memorial. Be sure to bring your walking shoes!
- Take an Old Town Trolley Tour, learning all about DC and stopping at all of the monuments on a 90 minute guided tour.
Transit Options in Union Station Washington
- Metro Red Line
- MARC train lines B, C and P
- Multiple Metrobus lines including
Luggage Storage in Union Station Washington
Since Union Station is a major transportation hub in the Washington DC area, chances are you are passing through carrying at least a few bags. No matter if you have one small bag or lots of luggage, checking your bags at a secure Bounce location will enable you to see it all. Stow your gear, both large and small, for as long or as short as you would like for one low rate. Whether you are a tourist in transit or a local in between the gym and a date, no need to worry about carrying cumbersome bags and gear around DC again!
Luggage Storage Options near Union Station Washington
- National Postal Museum: View American history through the eyes of the post office. You can easily walk to this historic site from Union Station after you have dropped your gear with Bounce.
- United States Capital: Experience history in the making by visiting the United States Capitol Building. Opt to take a guided tour or just explore the grounds on your own. The capitol building is only half a mile walk from Union Station and will be quite easy to navigate when you leave your luggage and bags with Bounce.
- Newseum: This interactive museum is near Union Station and features over 500 years of national news headlines. Learn about the most significant news stories of our country and browse the exhibits uninhibited by luggage when you leave your bags at a Bounce location.
- International Spy Museum: Learn all about the technology, history, and strategies used by spies around the world. This fun museum is perfect for adults and kids alike. Drop your luggage off at a Bounce location so you can easily see every exhibit.
- Columbus Memorial Fountain: This public work of art is a perfect place to sit and relax while enjoying the beautiful fountain sculpture. Leave your bags with Bounce in case you want to walk around the area more - there is a lot to see nearby!
- The Supreme Court: Not only is the Supreme Court building an incredible site to see, but many of the laws that shape the United States were written here. Sit on the steps or tour the building and learn about the history made inside these walls. Locate a Bounce partner in the area and drop off your bags.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: This free, family-friendly museum features some incredible exhibits that celebrate the natural history of the United States. From dinosaur remains to large gems, you will want to browse all three floors of this museum. Store your bags with Bounce first.
- Kingbird: Plan to visit the Kingbird restaurant for one of the best brunch experiences in the Union Station Area. There isn’t much room inside the restaurant for luggage, so be sure to drop off your bags at a Bounce location before you dine.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Union Station Washington
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Union Station Washington?
The price for luggage storage near Union Station Washington is just $5.90/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Union Station Washington?
There are multiple locations in the Union Station Washington area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), New Carrollton Amtrak Station, and Shady Grove Metro Station and all over Washington D.C..
Is it safe to store your bags near Union Station Washington?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Union Station Washington.
Are there storage lockers near Union Station Washington?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Union Station Washington area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Union Station Washington and in the broader Washington D.C. area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Union Station Washington?
Popular metro stations like Metro Center Metro Station, Pentagon Metro Station, or McPherson Square Metro Station can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Washington D.C. near Union Station Washington, you may be close to some bus stations: Addison Station, Park Bethesda Shuttle Stop, or WMATA Bus Stop. If traveling by train, Anacostia Metro Station, VRE Station L'Enfant, and Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro Station are nearest to Union Station Washington.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Union Station Washington?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Union Station Washington are CityCenterDC, Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, and JW Marriott Washington, DC. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Union Station Washington are GlowHouse, U Street Hostel, and Duo Nomad.
Where are the best restaurants near Union Station Washington?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Union Station Washington are McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, and Amazing Muncheez.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Union Station Washington?
Check out the nearby West Potomac Park, Georgetown Waterfront Park, and Rock Creek Park.