Straddling the border between the United States and Canada, Niagara Falls is one of the world's most iconic natural wonders. Located on the Niagara River, the three separate waterfalls combine to make the largest waterfall in all of North America. No matter how many pictures or videos you've seen, nothing does justice to the sight and sound of this majestic natural phenomenon.
Niagara Falls has capitalized on its tourist appeal, and there's plenty of attractions on both sides of the border to keep you occupied. Once you've seen the waterfall itself, you'll find many other attractions to keep you busy. Drop off your bags at a Niagara Falls suitcase storage and prepare for a vacation that combines some of the best of what both Canada and the US have to offer.
8 Best Ways to Experience Niagara Falls in 2023
As one of the world’s most stunning natural phenomena, Niagara Falls is a justifiably famous tourist attraction. And as famous as the falls are, there’s more to this small town on the US border than just the waterfall itself. If you want to look past the sometimes kitschy appeal of this popular resort and see more of what it and the region have to offer, these companies can help.
Best wine tour – Wheelz Niagara
Niagara Falls sits in the heart of some of Canada’s most productive wine country. The Ontario region is best known for ice wine, a sweet dessert wine created when ice freezes the grapes on the vine, concentrating the sugar content. But you’ll find all kinds of different varieties of wine here, and Wheelz Niagara can help you explore this aspect of the region. With a maximum of 11 guests per tour, you will never feel rushed or crowded as you visit wineries and taste their products. You can choose from a half-day or full-day tour, and even customize the tour to enjoy your favorite varieties of wine. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or12892961966.
Best night tour – Niagara Tour Company
Niagara Falls is stunning during the day. It’s even more haunting at night, when the roaring water is lit up by powerful floodlights. The Niagara Tour Company operates on both the US and Canadian sides of the falls, and these family-friendly tours are available every day. However, you should bear in mind you’ll need a passport, because you will be crossing the international border between the US and Canada. The company offers a combination boat and bus tour that will show you many different aspects of the falls and gives you the opportunity to take amazing photographs. Contact them at email@example.com or 17162856555.
Best brewery tour – Brewery And Distillery Taws Niagara
Beer aficionados won’t want to miss this lively tour of Niagara Falls. Available every day of the week, you’ll be taken by a guide to visit local breweries and even distilleries where you can learn more about the brewing history and culture of the region. And of course, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to taste local products along the way. You’ll also have some free time in Old Town to do some shopping or get something to eat. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 18332386877.
Best birdseye view — Niagara Falls Air Tours Inc.
As stunning as the falls are from ground level, they are even more magnificent from the air. Plus, from above, you’ll get a deeper understanding of the landscape of which the waterfall is a part. A three hour tour lets you see the best of the region’s scenery and even enjoy some champagne during your flight. Plus, once you’re back on solid ground, you’ll be taken to Chocolate F/X and be given a wine tour of the region. If you’re pressed for time but don’t mind spending some money on an unforgettable experience, this is a great way to do it. Book a tour by reaching out to them at email@example.com or 12896684100.
Best full-day tour — BG Tours Canada
This tour company specializes in bringing people from the big city of Toronto to experience Niagara Falls in a single day. However, they also offer tours around the region. If you have a day to kill, this is a great way to explore the town itself, visit the hydroelectric plant powers, or travel to Toronto and enjoy the unmatched vibe of Canada’s biggest city. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 4162705000.
Best family tour — Magnificent Tours of Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is a great family destination. Even if the kids aren’t impressed by the waterfall itself, there are lots of child-friendly activities you can do. But if you’re looking for something to occupy the kids outside of the arcades and amusement parks Niagara Falls has to offer, Magnificent Tours offers a great way to explore the area as a family. Their Family Adventure Tour takes on a boat ride to the base of the falls, followed by a visit to Adventure City where they can enjoy arcade games and ride bumper cars or play laser tag. Plus, the visit to Hershey’s Chocolate World is popular with kids of all ages. To book, contact them at email@example.com 18886148687.
Best bus tour — King Tours
Suitable for both adults and children, these bus tours travel from Canada to Niagara Falls and are probably the easiest way to experience the falls for yourself. Tours last approximately two hours, and the tickets are valid for two days, so you’ll have some flexibility in your schedule. Best of all, the tours include a City Harbor boat cruise, so you can see a different side to the region from on deck. If you’re pressed for time or just want an easy tour where everything is taken care of for you, this is a great company to use. Contact them at info@KingTours.ca or 18665464999.
Best bike tour — Community Transport Group
The wine country surrounding Niagara Falls is a great place to explore no matter how you choose to do it. There’s nothing quite like the more sedate charm of traveling by bike. This company allows you to do just that. This comprehensive five-hour tour will take you to four different wine tastings and allow you to enjoy the stunning scenery of the area. Tours begin from Niagara Falls or nearby Niagara on the Lake. All participants in the tour must be 19 since alcohol will be served. All in all, it’s the perfect way to burn off some calories while enjoying some of the best products the region has to offer. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 18779670888.
A weekend in Niagara Falls
A weekend in Niagara Falls is a good amount of time to spend getting to grips with the place. The falls are an extremely popular weekend destination for people from both sides of the border, and you'll find lots to keep you occupied over the course of two days. Don't forget to leave your bags behind at a Niagara Falls luggage locker to make your trip easier.
- You can see the falls for free from multiple viewpoints along the water's edge. But if you really want to experience the roar of the water, take a Journey Behind The Falls. This tunnel winds behind the curtain of falling water, allowing you to experience the awesome power of the waterfall. Prepare to get wet.
- Another classic way to experience the waterfalls is by boat. Boat tours leave from both the US and Canadian side and take you around the three waterfalls in the area. Feel the mist of the falls on your skin at this iconic attraction.
- The Whirlpool Aero Car has been a feature of Niagara Falls since 1916. This open cable car runs over the Niagara River above the falls and allows you to see the impressive Niagara whirlpool. If you have a head for heights, this is an unforgettable experience.
Niagara Falls lockers
There are many different ways to enjoy the falls and the town that has grown up around them. But all of them will be far more pleasant if you don't carry more baggage than you need to. Drop off your unneeded bags at a Niagara Falls luggage storage so that you can enjoy your trip to the fullest. Traveling light means you won't have to focus on anything other than enjoying yourself.
Off the beaten path in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is an unabashed tourist town, and it receives plenty of visitors every year. But if you're looking to escape the more obvious attractions, you can find a few hidden gems. Drop off your bags with a Niagara Falls bag storage and seek out some hidden gems.
- See a truly unique house on the New York side of the falls. Built by a man who claims he talks to God, this brightly colored home is intended to be the last thing all humans see on Judgment Day. Either way, it's a great photo opportunity and a testament to one man's obsession.
- Electrical pioneer and genuine mad scientist Nikola Tesla was inspired as a child by a photo of Niagara Falls to harness the power of hydroelectricity. This influence is commemorated by a statue of the iconic figure on the US side of the falls. Have your photo taken with the great man and pay homage to his genius during your trip.
- Check out a spooky local legend at the Screaming Tunnel. This former rail tunnel is reputed to be haunted by the spirit of a young girl from the 1800s who was killed by her father. Now, it's a local tradition to light a match inside the tunnel and wait to hear the screams of her restless spirit. Whether you believe it or not, the tunnel is a unique place to visit and is part of local folklore.
What to do alone in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is a popular destination both for romantic couples and families. As such, it can seem like an odd place to visit on a solo trip. But the welcoming town has something for everyone, and traveling solo means you can focus only on the things you most want to do.
- If you're feeling lucky, the Canadian side of the falls is home to an impressive casino. And the Great Canadian Midway complex aims to please all ages, with rides and arcade games available. Nothing beats a trip that pays for itself, so try your luck at the table games and see if you get lucky.
- Tours can be a great activity to do on a solo trip. There are tons of different tours that will let you explore the wider region around Niagara Falls. A brewery and distillery tour will let you sample the local produce, and you can even take a 420 tour to learn more about Canada's thriving cannabis industry.
- Treat yourself to the ultimate in relaxation at one of Niagara Falls' many spas. Massages, facial treatments, and even a healing salt cave are all available at Niagara Falls to get you in tip-top condition.
The best souvenirs in Niagara Falls
Thanks to its popularity with tourists, Niagara Falls has souvenir shops just about anywhere you look. Depending on which side of the falls you visit, you'll be able to pick up classic Canadian or US souvenirs to commemorate your visit. You can buy bottled water direct from the falls, maple syrup, postcards, keychains, and all the usual tourist items. If you're looking for something a little fancier, a bottle of local wine is always appreciated. Visit Wine Rack for a great selection. Niagara Falls is also home to a Hershey's Chocolate World store where you can pick up hundreds of different varieties of the iconic candy.