Luggage Storage Amsterdam Centraal Station
Instantly reserve the best locations near Amsterdam Centraal Station to store your luggage for just €5.00/ day
How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Amsterdam Centraal Station Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Mar 24, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station?" Perhaps you just arrived in Amsterdam and need a place to store your bags near Amsterdam Centraal Station before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Winkelcentrum Oostermeent, Leidsche Rijn Centrum, or Winkelcentrum Huesmolen and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Brug Baambrugge, Dam, or GVB Veer - Centraal Station → Buiksloterweg .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Amsterdam Centraal Station!
Luggage storage nearby Amsterdam Centraal Station with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Amsterdam with multiple locations near Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Amsterdam Centraal Station area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Amsterdam Centraal Station area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Natura Artis Magistra, Rijksmuseum Garden (Tuin Rijksmuseum), and Keukenhof. You can also go for a hike around Amsterdamse Bos, Vuursche Bos, and Westerwindpad. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Vondelpark, SkyLounge Amsterdam, and Old Sailor Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Amsterdam Centraal Station area?
✅Multiple locations near Amsterdam Centraal Station✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Amsterdam Centraal Station really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Amsterdam Centraal Station and Amsterdam without your things!
See all luggage storage spots in Amsterdam!View Locations
Find things to do and guides in Amsterdam!View City
About Amsterdam Centraal Station
Positioned at the heart of Amsterdam is Centraal Station. Centraal Station is one of the busiest train stations in the Netherlands, with around 200,000 people passing through the station every day. This popular transport hub connects Amsterdam with the rest of the Netherlands, as well as several major cities across Europe, including Paris, Brussels, and Cologne. Centraal Station also provides access to Amsterdam's tram and bus systems, which run across the city. With many of Amsterdam's best-known attractions just a short walk away, Centraal Station is the perfect place to store your luggage while you discover the sights.
Amsterdam Centraal Station was built in the 1880s and was designed by renowned architect Petrus Cuypers. The station is lavishly decorated, and its facade features neo-Gothic and neo-Renaissance-style architecture. The station's design garnered admirers from across the country, and Cuypers even gained recognition from the Queen for its construction. Nowadays, Centraal Station is not only an essential transport hub but one of the city's most famous historic landmarks.
Things to do near Amsterdam Centraal Station
Amsterdam Centraal Station is located right in the center of the city, along the IJ waterfront. The station is just a short walk from several historic sights, as well as many elegant eateries and fashionable stores. So, drop your bags off at an Amsterdam luggage storage facility and check out some of the best attractions dotted around Amsterdam Centraal Station.
- Chow down at one of the many nearby waterside restaurants. Some of the best options near Centraal Station include Loetje Centraal, Hannekes Boom, and De Belhamel.
- Enjoy sweeping views of Amsterdam from the A'DAM Lookout. Situated just across the IJ, this observation deck boasts views of the waterfront, the city center, and the Dutch countryside. Anybody feeling brave can even take a ride on Over The Edge, Europe's highest swing.
- Peruse the shops at the beautiful Magna Plaza. This neo-Gothic style shopping mall contains some of Amsterdam's best stores, as well as loads of cafes and restaurants where you can stop for a snack.
- See how Dutch royalty lives with a visit to the Royal Palace. This breathtaking palace is home to King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and parts of the building open for tours.
- Learn about the life of one of the world's most famous painters at the Rembrandt House Museum. Rembrandt lived in this house during the mid 17th century, and it contains many works of art and the history of this esteemed artist.
Transit Options at Amsterdam Centraal Station
- GVB Trams (Stop A and Stop B)
- Buses (Connexxion, GVB, EBS)
- GVB Metro (51, 53, 53)
Luggage Storage Options near Amsterdam Centraal Station
Amsterdam is a vibrant and historic city with a diverse and unique culture. One of the best ways to get around Amsterdam is on a bicycle; however, it can be a bit tricky to cycle when you're weighed down by all your luggage. If you're looking to travel light, why not stop by an Amsterdam luggage storage service? Bounce offers several secure facilities just a few minutes from Centraal Station. You just need to jump online and book your chosen spot. If you have a change of plans, you're free to cancel with no fee or penalty.
Activities and Attractions near Amsterdam Centraal Station
- Anne Frank House: Learn about the life and struggles of one of history's most famous figures at the Anne Frank House. This house/museum is where Anne Frank and her family hid during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands in 1942 until their capture in 1944. Visitors can see the room where Anne Frank penned her famous diary, and even marvel at the original copy. The museum also contains exhibits where you can learn from about the terror and brutality Jewish families experienced during World War II. For security reasons, large bags aren't allowed inside the Anne Frank House, so stop by an Amsterdam luggage storage service beforehand.
- Rijksmuseum: The Rijksmuseum flaunts some of the world's most famous historical artifacts and works of art. This museum has holdings of over a million objects, with several thousand on display at a time. Some of the world-famous pieces of art you'll see at the museum include The Milkmaid by Johannes Vermeer and The Night Watch by Rembrandt. Only small hand luggage is allowed inside this impressive museum, so you'll want to visit a Bounce luggage storage facility before taking a tour.
- Van Gogh Museum: Amsterdam is the perfect city for art lovers, and no visit is complete without checking out the Van Gogh Museum. You'll find the largest assortment of paintings by Van Gogh in the world at this museum, with hundreds of masterpieces in the collection. Some of Van Gogh's most famous works are on display here, including Sunflowers, The Potato Eaters, and Almond Blossoms. Large bags are prohibited in this museum, and there are no lockers, so you're best off visiting an Amsterdam luggage storage service first.
- The Heineken Experience: Heineken is one of Amsterdam's most famous exports, and anybody who loves a pint will want to swing by the Heineken Experience. Take a self-guided tour of the Heineken's oldest brewery, and then enjoy a tasting at the Best 'Dam Bar. The tour takes about an hour and a half and requires a lot of walking, so you may want to lighten your load at an Amsterdam luggage storage service.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Amsterdam Centraal Station
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
The price for luggage storage near Amsterdam Centraal Station is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
There are multiple locations in the Amsterdam Centraal Station area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), Station Haarlem, and Station Hollandsche Rading and all over Amsterdam.
Is it safe to store your bags near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Are there storage lockers near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Amsterdam Centraal Station area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Amsterdam Centraal Station and in the broader Amsterdam area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
Popular metro stations like Metrostation Amsterdam Centraal, Metrostation Noord, or Metrostation Europaplein can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Amsterdam near Amsterdam Centraal Station, you may be close to some bus stations: Amstelveen Busstation, Busstation Noord, or Station Sloterdijk, tram-/ busstation (Busstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk). If traveling by train, Amsterdam Central Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Centraal), Amsterdam Zuid Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Zuid), and Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station (Station Amsterdam Sloterdijk) are nearest to Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Amsterdam Centraal Station are DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station, Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Flower Market, and NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Amsterdam Centraal Station are ClinkNOORD, Generator Amsterdam, and Hans Brinker.
Where are the best restaurants near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Amsterdam Centraal Station are Station Amsterdam Amstel, Eerste Klas Grand Café Restaurant, and Manneken Pis.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Amsterdam Centraal Station?
Check out the nearby Avonturenspeelplaats In Het Twiske, Westerpark, and Oosterpark.