How it works
Book online or on the app
Get the app and choose a convenient location. Your BounceShield™ Protection is activated upon booking online.
Head to the store
Check in by showing your confirmation to a store employee and drop off your bags.
Enjoy the day
Do whatever you’d like, then show your confirmation to pick up your stuff.
Our customers say it best
Millions of bags stored. 1M+ customers all over the world.
Good experience. My bag was safe in a luggage room. Very nice people working in this hotel.
Smooth check in and check out of our luggage and super friendly people ! Very easy and completely felt at ease my luggage was safe
Very easy to use. Took less than 5 mins for drop off and pick up. Everything was there, safe and secure!
Very easy and convenient way to store luggage. The staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you!
Easy to find, very affordable, friendly staff and secure location. Would absolutely recommend.
Just what I needed, was able to drop my bags off for a few hours and pick up late night due to their being open 24hrs. Very convenient.
Book in 3 taps
Instantly find locations nearby to drop off your luggage wherever you go.Find closest locations
Trusted by millions of customers worldwide
10,000+ locations worldwide
No matter where you go, it’s easy to find luggage storage near you.
Powered by local businesses
Our friendly partners tag and safely store your luggage in their shops.
Up to $10,000 in protection
In the unlikely event of theft, loss, or damage, your things are covered.
100% free cancellation
Change or cancel your booking anytime before check in for a full refund.
Check all the luggage storage spots in Amsterdam
Love discounts and traveling?
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider travel tips and a 10% discount delivered straight to your inbox.
No spam here, just the good stuff.
How much does it cost to store luggage near Dam Square?
The price for luggage storage near Dam Square starts from just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Dam Square?
There are multiple locations in the Dam Square area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), Station Haarlem, and Utrecht Central Station (Station Utrecht Centraal) and all over Amsterdam.
Is it safe to store your bags near Dam Square?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Dam Square.
Are there storage lockers near Dam Square?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Dam Square area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Dam Square and in the broader Amsterdam area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Dam Square?
Popular metro stations like Metrostation Amsterdam Centraal, Metrostation Noord, or Metrostation Europaplein can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Amsterdam near Dam Square, you may be close to some bus stations: Amstelveen Busstation, Busstation Noord, or Station Sloterdijk, tram-/ busstation (Busstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk). If traveling by train, Amsterdam Central Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Centraal), Amsterdam Zuid Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Zuid), and Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station (Station Amsterdam Sloterdijk) are nearest to Dam Square.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Dam Square?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Dam Square are DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station, Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Flower Market, and NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Dam Square are ClinkNOORD, Generator Amsterdam, and Hans Brinker.
Where are the best restaurants near Dam Square?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Dam Square are Station Amsterdam Amstel, Eerste Klas Grand Café Restaurant, and Manneken Pis.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Dam Square?
Check out the nearby Avonturenspeelplaats In Het Twiske, Westerpark, and Oosterpark.
Store your luggage around Dam Square
Luggage storage nearby most Dam Square hotspotsPosted
Dam Square Luggage Storage Guide 2024
Are you wondering, “Where can I store my luggage near Dam Square?” Perhaps you just arrived in Amsterdam and need a place to store your bags near Dam Square before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Winkelcentrum Oostermeent, Hoog Catharijne, or Leidsche Rijn Centrum and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on sightseeing in the Dam Square area at Brug Baambrugge, Dam, or GVB Veer - Centraal Station → Buiksloterweg and don't want to be burdened by your baggage.
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Dam Square!
Luggage storage nearby Dam Square with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Amsterdam with multiple locations near Dam Square.
Featured in The Boston Globe, TechCrunch and Forbes, Bounce is present in more than 2,000 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including BounceShield™ protection, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… We strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Dam Square area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag .
Book through our website or mobile app (required) to get BounceShield™ protection, guaranteed space availability and 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Dam Square area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Natura Artis Magistra, Rijksmuseum Garden (Tuin Rijksmuseum), and Keukenhof. You can also go for a hike around Amsterdamse Bos, Vuursche Bos, and Westerwindpad. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Vondelpark, SkyLounge Amsterdam, and Old Sailor Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Dam Square area?
✅Multiple locations near Dam Square✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Dam Square with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Dam Square really easily.Simply select a location here. Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Dam Square and Amsterdam without your things!
About Dam Square
Damn Square is the central public space of Amsterdam. As a result, it's more or less the heart of the city. Dam Square was once the location of a dam on the river Amstel. Therefore the entire city takes its name from this spot. The dam was built around 1270, and Dam Square can be considered the birthplace of Amsterdam itself.
As the city grew, Dam Square grew with it. Starting out as a fish market, the Square soon became the location of the City Hall, then the royal palace of the Dutch monarchy. Dam Square is not only the central public space of Amsterdam, but is a kind of national Square for the entire country.
Given its long history, Dam Square has seen its share of massacres, riots, and even the 2003 assassination of a Bulgarian mobster. But mostly, Dam Square is known for its historical importance, its fascinating buildings, and its energetic atmosphere. There's always something going on at Dam Square. And with its central location, it's a great place to begin your exploration of this fabled city.
Things to do near Dam Square
Just a short walk from Amsterdam Central train station, Dam Square is easily reached. And as the ancient heart of the city, you won't need to stray far to find fun things to do. Much of the best of what Amsterdam has to offer can be found in the vicinity of the Square. For instance, you could:
- Rub shoulders with royalty at the Royal Palace. Okay, so you're unlikely to actually see King Willem-Alexander during your visit. But you can admire the extensive collection of paintings and sculpture the Dutch royals have amassed over the centuries in this extravagant residence.
- Travel back in time at the 15th-century Nieuwe Kerk. Right next to the palace, this imposing building may be called the New Church, but it's anything but. This neo-Gothic building is no longer used for religious services, but it does host exhibitions and organ recitals, and also coronations of Dutch royalty.
- Get creeped out at Bodyworlds. This permanent exhibition celebrates the human body through the display of preserved cadavers. While not a place for the squeamish, the exhibition encourages contemplation on what makes us happy and the effects our choices have on our bodies.
- Pick up some unique souvenirs at Haarlemerdijk and Haarlemerstraat. These streets offer a different experience from the run-of-the-mill shopping you can find in most European cities. Here, you'll find cozy boutiques, unique specialty stores, cool cafes, and trendy bars.
- Get a historical high at the Hash, Marijuana, and Hemp Museum. This unusual museum tells the story of Amsterdam's famously liberal attitude toward marijuana. Situated at the edge of Amsterdam's notorious red-light district, this museum is the perfect introduction to one of the city's most notorious aspects.
Transit options in Dam Square
- Tramlines 4, 13, 14, and 17 all connect Dam square with Centraal Station.
- Buses N85, N87, N89, and others stop at the transit station in Dam Square.
- Centraal station can be reached in five minutes by tram or approximately eight minutes on foot. From here, trains run to the airport and to other cities throughout the country, as well as the rest of Europe.
Luggage storage in Dam Square
Being so central to everything makes Dam Square the perfect place to begin an Amsterdam trip. However, since it's so popular with tourists, the Square can get very busy. This is even more true during the many events that are held there. You don't want to be carrying heavy bags around with you in such a crowded place.
Drop off your bags at a Bounce luggage storage location near Dam Square. You'll be able to enjoy the city on foot, which is the best way to see it, without being unnecessarily weighed down. No matter how big your bags are or how long you want to store them, Bounce can find a location convenient for you.
Attractions and activities near Dam Square
- Red Light District: Dive into the seedy side of Amsterdam with a tour of the red light district. The sex trade has been part of Amsterdam since its earliest history, and the city has adopted a famously liberal policy that allows sex workers to ply their trade out in the open with the protection of the police. A guided tour will explain the fascinating history of this unique social experiment. The red light district is best seen at night, but can be extremely chaotic and is no place to carry heavy bags around with you. Drop off your luggage before you set out to explore.
- Rijksmuseum: Check out one of the world's great museums at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum. The National Museum of the Netherlands is home to masterpieces of Dutch art, including works by Vermeer and Rembrandt, among other Dutch Masters. Large bags are not permitted in the museum, so make sure you drop them off at a luggage storage in Amsterdam before visiting.
- Anne Frank House: Anne Frank and her family's tragic story is one that continues to resonate with people around the world to this day. Visit the house where the young girl wrote her famous diary while hiding from the Nazi occupation during the Second World War.
- Blomenmarket: Drink in the beauty of Amsterdam's famous Blomenmarket, an exuberant flower market that floats on one of the city's many canals. It's a perfect place to pick up some tulip bulbs as a souvenir that will remind you of your trip as they bloom for years to come.