How it works
- STEP 1
Select the most convenient location for your needs
- STEP 2
Instantly reserve your space in a few clicks
- STEP 3
Drop off items
Head to the store and show your reservation
- STEP 4
Enjoy the city
Go about your day without lugging around your things
Rijksmuseum Luggage Storage Guide 2023Posted Feb 2, 2023
Are you wondering, "Where can I store my luggage near Rijksmuseum?" Perhaps you just arrived in Amsterdam and need a place to store your bags near Rijksmuseum before you check into your hotel or AirBnB -- or maybe you just checked out and don't want to drag your bags around with you for the rest of the day.
Perhaps, you're planning on shopping at Winkelcentrum Oostermeent, Hoog Catharijne, or Leidsche Rijn Centrum and need a place to store your bags. Or, you're planning on planning on at Limesaquaduct, Brug Baambrugge, or Dam .
Don't worry, there are plenty of options for luggage storage near Rijksmuseum!
Luggage storage nearby Rijksmuseum with Bounce
Bounce is one of the largest luggage storage networks in Amsterdam with multiple locations near Rijksmuseum.
Featured in , Bounce is present in more than 100 cities. We partner with local hotels and shops to open up space for you to drop off your bags in essentially any major neighborhood.
Our team vets each location and provides all the security measures including insurance, security seals, and well-trained staff.
Bounce is the #1-rated bag storage network with thousands of 5-star reviews. Many of our shops are open for luggage storage 24/7 but this varies by location… we strategically open new spots so you can find the closest location to temporarily store your bags. Our prices in the Rijksmuseum area start at just €5.00 per 24h/bag.
Book through our or mobile app (required) so that we can cover you with insurance, space availability, and our 24/7 customer support. We love to travel as much as you so we make it as easy as possible! There are no size limits for suitcases or backpacks stored with Bounce. For less than a cup of coffee per bag, you can enjoy your entire day without dragging your bags with you!
Here are some ideas for making the most of your time in the Rijksmuseum area now that you are free from your baggage. Some notable places to relax before a flight are Natura Artis Magistra, Rijksmuseum Garden (Tuin Rijksmuseum), and Keukenhof. You can also go for a hike around Amsterdamse Bos, Vuursche Bos, and Van Boetzelaerpark. And if you’re looking for a night on the town, check out Vondelpark, SkyLounge Amsterdam, and Old Sailor Café.
Why is Bounce the best luggage storage provider in the Rijksmuseum area?
✅Multiple locations near Rijksmuseum✅$10,000 Bounce Guarantee on each booking to protect your belongings✅Vetted store locations to ensure trust and safety✅2 minute booking process online or via mobile app, then just walk in and check your bags in✅Thousands of 5 star reviews, hundreds of thousands of bags stored
How do I store luggage near Rijksmuseum with Bounce?
You can find the closest luggage storage location to Rijksmuseum really easily. . Find the shop that meets your preferences in terms of location & hours. Once you’ve chosen a location, you can book in under 2 minutes.
Space does fill up so booking before you go there is required, but you can show up right away. With your booking confirmation in hand, we’ll give you the exact details and directions to the shop. Once there, all you have to do is show your booking confirmation and we’ll tag and check in your bags.
You’re now free to enjoy Rijksmuseum and Amsterdam without your things!
The Rijksmuseum, National Museum of Amsterdam is located in the Museumplein (Museum Square) of the city’s Oud-Zuid district. Originally built in 1885, it recently underwent a 10-year refurbishment and its gorgeous architecture is truly a sight for sore eyes.
The museum owns more than one million works of art, mostly coming from Dutch artists of the 17th century. Some of the most famous works in the Rijksmuseum collection include Vermeer’s The Milkmaid, one of Van Gogh’s self-portraits, and Rembrandt’s Night Watch.
Throughout the museum, you’ll see Dutch objects and artworks that reach through to the 20th century, taking visitors through the history of Amsterdam through cultural interpretations.
Things to know before Visiting Rijkmuseum:
- Prepare to wait in line. Especially during the peak summer months, there are often many visitors eager to explore within its walls. It’s suggested that you buy your tickets online or purchase an iAmsterdam Pass or Museumcard (for locals).
- Download the Rijksmuseum app and take a self-guided tour or book a private Rijksmuseum tour with an expert.
- For the full Amsterdam experience, take a canal tour on your way to or from the Rijksmuseum.
- If you’re there in winter, go ice skating in Museumplein afterward.
- Afterward, take a walking Rembrandt tour through the city.
Fun Fact: In true Amsterdam style, you can ride your bicycle through the Rijksmuseum. It’s the only museum in the world in which you can do so.
Things to do at Rijksmuseum
Once you arrive at the iconic Rijksmuseum, here are some things to do there:
- Book a tour to make sure you see all of the best that Dutch history has to offer from Rembrandt to Van Gogh.
- Start at the Rijksmuseum Library, an absolute must-see.
- The gardens are another stunning (and often skipped) part of the museum. Take a break from walking in this lush wonderland.
- Bike through the tunnels underneath the Rijksmuseum.
- Enjoy a coffee or small snack from the Rijksmuseum cafe near the gardens or enjoy a more upscale dining experience at the RIJKS restaurant.
- Bring home a souvenir from the Rijksmuseum gift shop.
Once you’ve explored the museum, the fun doesn’t stop. Here are even more things to do nearby:
- Visit Museumplein’s other incredible museums such as the Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum, Diamond Museum, and Moco Museum.
- Experience Dutch art and culture through a different perspective with a boat tour through the city’s major canal.
- Stroll through the “5th Avenue” of Amsterdam on PC Hooftstraat for high-end shopping
- Attend a concert at the Concertgebouw (Concert Hall) or during the cultural season, the Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest (Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra) offers a free lunch concert every Wednesday at 12:30 pm.
- Grab some travel essentials at the underground Albert Heijn supermarket.
- Make like a local and rent bikes that can take you anywhere in the city.
- Have a picnic on the grassy hills of the Museumplein park.
Transit options at Rijksmuseum
- From Central Station, trams 2 and 12 (Rijksmuseum tram stop)
- From Zuid Station: tram 5 (Rijksmuseum tram stop)
- From Sloterdijk Station: tram 19 (Spiegelgracht tram stop)
- From Amstel Station: tram 12 (Rijksmuseum tram stop),
- From Central Station metro 52 (stop: Vijzelgracht)
- From Amstel Station to Weesperplein, then tram 1, 7 or 19 (Spiegelgracht tram stop)
- From the Marnixstraat regional bus station: 288 (Rijksmuseum bus stop)
- From Schiphol Amsterdam Airport: bus 397 (Rijksmuseum bus stop)
Luggage storage near Rijksmuseum
Perhaps you’ve just arrived in Amsterdam and you have a few hours to kill before you can check-in to your Airbnb. Or maybe it’s your last day in the city, you’ve already checked out of your hotel, and your flight’s not until later tonight.
You definitely don’t want to be lugging all your stuff around Museumplein and through the Rijksmuseum. Bounce can help. We partner with local businesses to provide safe, convenient luggage storage near Rijksmuseum. It’s a no-brainer! Download the app today.
Attractions and activities near Rijksmuseum
Honestly, there’s so much to see and do in Amsterdam, being such a cultural hub in the Netherlands. In fact, there’s far too much to include everything in one article. However, we’ll do our best to share the must-sees near Rijksmuseum.
- Museumplein: If you’re a museum lover and don’t mind going to more than one in a day, some other amazing museums in the area include the Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum, Diamond Museum, and Moco Museum.
- Outdoor fun: Ready to spend some time outdoors? Take a bike ride through the city, have a picnic in the park, or go ice skating during the winter months.
- Shopping: You might also go shopping at the underground Albert Heijn supermarket or peruse high-end retailers on PC Hooftstraat.
But, you can’t do all that while carrying around your suitcases all day! Download the Bounce app to find an Amsterdam luggage storage location nearby.
Get the Bounce App on your phone
Other places near Rijksmuseum
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to store luggage near Rijksmuseum?
The price for luggage storage near Rijksmuseum is just €5.00/bag for the entire day.
Where can I store luggage near Rijksmuseum?
There are multiple locations in the Rijksmuseum area which can be booked through the Bounce platform including near Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), Station Haarlem, and Utrecht Central Station (Station Utrecht Centraal) and all over Amsterdam.
Is it safe to store your bags near Rijksmuseum?
Yes. Every bag is tagged with a security seal and comes with the $10,000 Bounce Guarantee. Every location is required to uphold tight security precautions. You may be asked to show ID and you will be required to use a credit card to book through Bounce in advance. With hundreds of thousands of bags stored, you can count on Bounce to handle your baggage near Rijksmuseum.
Are there storage lockers near Rijksmuseum?
Yes, there are storage lockers and many other luggage drop off points in the Rijksmuseum area. Bounce has multiple luggage storage locations nearby Rijksmuseum and in the broader Amsterdam area where you can conveniently store your luggage with full security and the $10,000 safekeeping guarantee.
What public transportation exists near Rijksmuseum?
Popular metro stations like Metrostation Amsterdam Centraal, Metrostation Noord, or Metrostation Europaplein can be used for nearby transit. When traveling within Amsterdam near Rijksmuseum, you may be close to some bus stations: Amstelveen Busstation, Busstation Noord, or Station Sloterdijk, tram-/ busstation (Busstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk). If traveling by train, Amsterdam Central Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Centraal), Amsterdam Zuid Railway Station (Station Amsterdam Zuid), and Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station (Station Amsterdam Sloterdijk) are nearest to Rijksmuseum.
Where are the best hotel accommodations near Rijksmuseum?
The top-ranked middle to high-range hotels near Rijksmuseum are DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station, Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Flower Market, and NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. When traveling on a budget, the best hostels near Rijksmuseum are ClinkNOORD, Generator Amsterdam, and Hans Brinker.
Where are the best restaurants near Rijksmuseum?
The most popular restaurants to visit when near Rijksmuseum are Station Amsterdam Amstel, Eerste Klas Grand Café Restaurant, and Manneken Pis.
Where are the best parks and nature attractions near Rijksmuseum?
Check out the nearby Avonturenspeelplaats In Het Twiske, Westerpark, and Oosterpark.